Do you consider Usman more Nigerian/Murican?

The UFC Brander Collector

Pimp Andrew
@Brown
Reaction score
Born in Nigeria and raised there for his first years.
Name Kamaru is originally from Africa. Most popular in Ghana and Kenya.
Nickname identifies as Nigerian.
Wiki says Nigerian.
Always represents Nigeria...

Kamaru-Usman-UFC-235-696x392.jpg

kFGktkpTURBXy9mZGZmMjYxNGRjNGQwMTlkNjU2YWRhMTQ1NjZmN2EzYS5qcGeSlQMAFM0EMs0CXJMFzQSwzQJ2

Nigerian-UFC-fighter-Kamaru-Usman.jpg

10736874_kamaru3_jpegfa5c3247a66337ffff27d10975ccd6af

In my opinion Nigerian champ.

Last edited:
He's Naija through and through.

He was born and partly raised in Nigeria. Came to America young with an accent. Not a real American in my book.

I'm African-American but my wife is from Nigeria. We have this debate if a person was born in America to two Nigerian born parents, would that make them African-America?!

To me a true African-American has roots in this country to the late 1600-1700's due to the Atlantic slave trade. Some of us even have native blood in us, so we go back further. Real Americans. We are America history. African American's have an unique admixture. Still proud to trace my roots to the Motherland, so don't get this post twisted.

Last edited:
No one cares what you consider him, he's American. And one can be of 2 nationalities.

worst thread of the year and it’s only march. congratulations.

If he says he’s Nigerian, then he’s Nigerian. Even though he immigrated at 9-10, he probably grew up in a Nigerian home with Nigerian language, and culture, in general.

nigerian... we will be seeing a lot more of ppl with double nationalities as the world gets smaller and smaller

If you spent time with Nigerian Americans, you know that make a real effort to live by the value and customs of Nigerian culture even when living in a foreign country. The man is every bit as Nigerian as he is American.

But he’ll repping Nigeria in the cage goes a long way to inspire a lot of kids who have nothing in Africa and show respect to his ancestors. He is always gonna be repoing the white and green.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alex Baker
Back