Why America CANT WIN international Judo

-guerilla-

Founder of the Louisville fight club est..1993
Banned
Reaction score
The United States has a terrible record for international Combat Sports

for one of the largest most developed countries in the world our Combat Sports proficiency is near the bottom of the barrel

Americans can't win International kickboxing and wrestling because they practice different types of these sports with entirely unique scoring systems and rules but America's failure to win International Judo comes from a different problem completely

The international combat sport of Judo is treated exclusively as a martial art in the United States and that means it's usually a for-profit business...in addition to the profit minded risk averse business protocols Judo is overseen by an alphabet soup of different organizations who may not have the objective to build the most competent international team but instead maintain their organizations validity in the microcosm that is the martial arts world

my first black belt was in Judo and I've loved it passionately since childhood yet the martial arts business in America made it a different animal and I naturally gravitated towards wrestling, kickboxing then MMA ultimately

the fact is even the most complete system known to man won't add up to a hill of beans if it's administrative solely as a martial art and not as a publicly funded combat sport

For instance shooto is LITERALLY MMA itself established by the Japanese some decade before the ultimate fighting championship first aired yet has produced only a tiny handful of MMA Champions even though it is by far the most complete system known to man

the fact is shooto is administered like a martial art in Japan and not a publiclly funded combat sport like American Scholastic folkstyle wrestling for instance

if you don't believe me try to start a wrestling club and a Judo club at the same time

you will successfully have a wrestling club established in 1/100th the time and a fraction of the cost as it will take you to jump through all the Hoops required to maintain a Judo program that is legitimately certified for international competition because wrestling is treated like a combat sport and American Judo is administered via the for profit martial arts model

A pretty simple reason why America can't win International Judo

Screenshot_20200413-191110.png

upload_2020-4-13_20-51-37.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2020-4-13_20-50-44.jpeg
    upload_2020-4-13_20-50-44.jpeg
    6.6 KB · Views: 2
USA competitor Kayla Harrison won a Gold Medal in judo in both the 2012 and 2016 Olympic Games. She was the first American to ever win a Gold medal in Judo at the Olympics. You claim Judo in America has changed for the worse and was better back in the day yet our only 2 Gold medals ever, literally came from the last 2 olympics in a system that you claim is flawed. Do you really know what your talking about or do you just post because you have nothing better to do?

Dont worry about me

Worry about 15th place
Don’t worry about America’s Judo medal count. Worry about the fact that your an idiot who belongs in a fucking insane asylum.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.webp

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

After experiencing the Asian model of competition vs the predominant Artistic training of American Judo its quite clear where the deficiency lies

Martial arts businesses are simply risk averse and profit minded

This does not lend itself well to a team building environment with a primary focus of international competition

the public Sports model thats utilized by the top teams is quite obviously superior

All the cartoons, memes, gifs and personal disses wont change the facts

Screenshot_20200413-191110.png

Screenshot_20200413-230546.png

"When a club's top athletes become eligible for competitions, it will receive huge subsidies from both central and local governments. The parent club of Riner's judo division, home to a large number of the country's top athletes, received half of its funds from the state and local government subsidies. Even the club's training facility, cars and computers are provided by the local government"

Ha, cool. That’s my buddy Tom’s video. I lived in Busan for six years. I trained with him over there.

They have do have a pretty sweet set-up over there. A few of my teammates were on the Korean National team and went to Judo university.

None of my students (I taught kindergarten through high school) or people I knew actually gave a shit about “yudo”. Koreans like winning, though.

Some of the National team guys would come train with us on no gi days. They’d be going for leg locks and stuff. It was pretty fun.

Only saw one person from the National team ever throw on a gi to roll. I was very impressed. He did extremely well against my professor who was much larger and very experienced (judo bb and lived in Brazil and competed in Brazil purple through black in the Copa do Mundos/CBJJ/Brasileiros back in the day).

Clearly the problem is the American athletes' obsession with low body fat. If the athletes were 25+% BF and had BMIs like Schwarezenegger the medals would be raining.

This just in: Judo is a pretty niche sport in America.

It may not be if it was provided at little or no cost in the public school system and treated like a sport not a martial art

Clearly the problem is the American athletes' obsession with low body fat. If the athletes were 25+% BF and had BMIs like Schwarezenegger the medals would be raining.

25% bodyfat?

You mean like this...

download (44).jpeg
download (45).jpeg download (54).jpeg

America only like sports it WINS

thats why America doesn't like wrestling

Maintaining bodyfat -20% makes your body more likely replace fast-twitch explosive muscle fibers with more efficient slow-twitch muscle fibers and lower your testosterone level plus make you far more likely to crash on the mat because you won't have the interval explosive cardio that the most successful combat athletes maintain because they're intelligent enough to maintain a 20 + body fat percentage

As I used to tell people in my record-breaking wrestling coaching days

it's not a bodybuilding contest

Last edited:
Ha, cool. That’s my buddy Tom’s video. I lived in Busan for six years. I trained with him over there.

They have do have a pretty sweet set-up over there. A few of my teammates were on the Korean National team and went to Judo university.

None of my students (I taught kindergarten through high school) or people I knew actually gave a shit about “yudo”. Koreans like winning, though.

Some of the National team guys would come train with us on no gi days. They’d be going for leg locks and stuff. It was pretty fun.

Only saw one person from the National team ever throw on a gi to roll. I was very impressed. He did extremely well against my professor who was much larger and very experienced (judo bb and lived in Brazil and competed in Brazil purple through black in the Copa do Mundos/CBJJ/Brasileiros back in the day).

Yeah cool video that highlights Korea's public infrastructure programs in combat sports

No that's too lean. A real man needs way more fat around his middle section. The negative effects of obesity on health are mostly a myth spread by the mainstream media.

Do you really believe that an athlete like this has the negative effects associated with obesity?

download (54).jpeg

If the athletes were 25+% BF and had BMIs like Schwarezenegger the medals would be raining.
Arnold had high BMI due to he was stocky guy but BF% he had very low.
---
BTW also about body constitutional types ( according to skeleton proportions etc ) is taught in all med programms etc like education.
BMI with height / weight proportion means almost nothing.

Back