Top 5 favorite fighters (current)

Conor, Gaathje, Dustin, Zombie, Costa, Masvidal - always guarantee'd fireworks and wont lay n pray their opponents to victory.

Valentina Shevchenko
Kevin Lee
Alexander Hernandez
Brian Ortega
Yair Rodriguez

In no particular order:
Gaethje
Mousasi
Holloway
Lima
Lawler

Masvidal, Stipe, Conor, Till, O'Malley

honorable mentions: Izzy, Ragin Al, DC

Khabib
GOATsvidal
Yan
DC
Joanna

Max Holloway. Gone off the boil as of late but his body of work is outstanding, comes across as genuine and respectful in and out of the octagon, a future HOF candidate surely.

Jon Jones. As above seemingly past his peak but destroyed opponents in his glory days, personal issues aside I can't argue against GOAT status.

Justin Gaethje. Other than hating having to spell check his name each time I write it, Justin always entertains and after the Tony fight we could see him evolve into a lean precise striker with immense power. very scary individual but a good human being.

Khabib. Polarising style but no less effective, the sheer desperation on both Edson and Dustin's face's during their matches is a look you'll never see another fighter inspire in his opponents. truly elite.

Jose Aldo. Aside from Conor Jose even in his losses always looked every inch the champion, such savagery and explosiveness is rare, still competitive now after his first pro fight some sixteen years ago.

Khabib
Masvidal
Justin
Max
Dc

Wanted to put Dustin in there, but can't have all lightweight fighters

Wonderboy is another fighter I really like

Lawler
McGregor
Riddell
Holloway
Cruz

honorable mentions: Whittaker, Miocic, Covington, Adesanya, Maia, Shabliy, Pantoja, Ngannou, Poirier, Zombie, Aldo, Assuncao, Loma, Xiaonan

Nice change of pace in threads TS, we could use some light hearted stuff like this in the Heavies from time to time.

1. Israel Adesanya: Dude's the whole package, backs his talk up, and is one of most skilled fighters in MMA history. He gave you ungrateful basement dwellers the best fight ever. Can't wait to see how his future unfolds.

2. Max Holloway: It is what it is, blessed era Foreva. Seriously though, Max is one of the funnest fighters to watch. Will always be on his train.

3. Justin Gaethje: This man just isn't in bad fights. You can show this guy's highlight reel to just about anyone and get them interested in MMA. Much more excited to see his future now that his mental caught up to his physical.

4. Kelvin Gastelum: The other half of the best fight ever. Supremely talented natural born fighter, that said it's frustrating to see him not take his conditioning and dieting seriously while simultaneously posting his hashtag all over the place #OnAMissionForGold. Would be much higher on my list if he where a true professional. That said , as he is now the man puts on amazing fights. The dude had dropped every single one of his opponents at MW before he underestimated Till.

5. Dan Hooker: I'll admit my interest in him only went up after finding out about his association with Izzy. I'm a pretty big fan of the entire City Kickboxing team, love their style. Dan's been really stepping up his game since Izzy started becoming a star in the UFC. His growth and finishes have been a pleasure to watch.

HM: Calvin Kattar, Rob Font, KZ, Más, Cejudo

Probation: DC, TJ, Conor

Valentina Shevchenko
Kevin Lee
Alexander Hernandez
Brian Ortega
Yair Rodriguez
Khabib
GOATsvidal
Yan
DC
Joanna
Khabib
Petr Yan
Zabit
Islam Makhachev
Valentina Shevchenko
Lawler
McGregor
Riddell
Holloway
Cruz

honorable mentions: Whittaker, Miocic, Covington, Adesanya, Maia, Shabliy, Pantoja, Ngannou, Poirier, Zombie, Aldo, Assuncao, Loma, Xiaonan
Khabib
Masvidal
Justin
Max
Dc

Wanted to put Dustin in there, but can't have all lightweight fighters

Wonderboy is another fighter I really like
1.) Israel Adesanya became he does it all usually in style. Always smart and Tactical. Never wild. Striker. Great interviews.
2.) Jorge Masvidal Tactical yet vicious. Well rounded striker.
3.) Jared Cannonier on a tear like Jorge. Dark horse in the division and everyone is ducking him.
4.) Paula Costa a brute who always presses forward. Somewhat dirty and tries to play the bully but it makes for entertainment.
5.) Korean Zombie (Fuck you zombie for koing my boy Frankie but I can't wait until he smashes Ortega.) Always puts on a show and put on a master class against Edgar.

These guys are putting on the most entertaining fights at an elite level for me.

Honorable mentions
Frankie Edgar is always my boy but it's time to hang em up.

Wonderboy is someone whose style I always enjoy although I didn't root him against Woodley and I don't really care much about Woodley.

O' Malley was really impressive, I wanna see more.
No particular order
Emmett
Burns
Joanna
Gastelum
Gaethje
Solid list, like

Last edited:
I like exciting fighters that aren't super cocky and cringey

Korean Zombie

Edson Barboza

Thiago Santos

Johnny Walker

Aleksei Oleinik

Who you guys got? Divisions are stacked as they ever been and fun fighters in every weight. Who are your favorite fighters to watch or follow? My list (in order):

1. Khabib Nurmagomedov
2. Stipe Miocic
- Greatest UFC HW of all time imho
3. Colby Covington - Don't care for all his out of ring bs but as a fighter, brings incredible intensity and cardio, makes great fighters look like amateurs
4. Justin Gaethje - Always brings it no matter what, can't miss any of his fights, just bleed god
5. Tony Ferguson - Same as above but Gaethje took his spot

Honorable mentions: Masvidal, Romero, Ngannou
1.) Israel Adesanya became he does it all usually in style. Always smart and Tactical. Never wild. Striker. Great interviews.
2.) Jorge Masvidal Tactical yet vicious. Well rounded striker.
3.) Jared Cannonier on a tear like Jorge. Dark horse in the division and everyone is ducking him.
4.) Paula Costa a brute who always presses forward. Somewhat dirty and tries to play the bully but it makes for entertainment.
5.) Korean Zombie (Fuck you zombie for koing my boy Frankie but I can't wait until he smashes Ortega.) Always puts on a show and put on a master class against Edgar.

These guys are putting on the most entertaining fights at an elite level for me.

Honorable mentions
Frankie Edgar is always my boy but it's time to hang em up.

Wonderboy is someone whose style I always enjoy although I didn't root him against Woodley and I don't really care much about Woodley.

O' Malley was really impressive, I wanna see more.

No particular order:
Zhang: After she beat the human out JJ, I was a fan
Holloway: I mean, "It is what it is"
Khabib: The dudes a beast..can't wait for his next fight
Ferguson: Champ-shit only..Snapjitsu...Baseball..some other random, non-relevant statement
Francis: Probably one of the best "highlight" reels on the current roster. I can watch that highlight against Reem over and over again.

Hon Mention:
Masvidal, Diaz Brothers (if they are actually even on the current roster), Frankie, Nunes

Nice change of pace in threads TS, we could use some light hearted stuff like this in the Heavies from time to time.

1. Israel Adesanya: Dude's the whole package, backs his talk up, and is one of most skilled fighters in MMA history. He gave you ungrateful basement dwellers the best fight ever. Can't wait to see how his future unfolds.

2. Max Holloway: It is what it is, blessed era Foreva. Seriously though, Max is one of the funnest fighters to watch. Will always be on his train.

3. Justin Gaethje: This man just isn't in bad fights. You can show this guy's highlight reel to just about anyone and get them interested in MMA. Much more excited to see his future now that his mental caught up to his physical.

4. Kelvin Gastelum: The other half of the best fight ever. Supremely talented natural born fighter, that said it's frustrating to see him not take his conditioning and dieting seriously while simultaneously posting his hashtag all over the place #OnAMissionForGold. Would be much higher on my list if he where a true professional. That said , as he is now the man puts on amazing fights. The dude had dropped every single one of his opponents at MW before he underestimated Till.

5. Dan Hooker: I'll admit my interest in him only went up after finding out about his association with Izzy. I'm a pretty big fan of the entire City Kickboxing team, love their style. Dan's been really stepping up his game since Izzy started becoming a star in the UFC. His growth and finishes have been a pleasure to watch.

HM: Calvin Kattar, Rob Font, KZ, Más, Cejudo

Probation: DC, TJ, Conor

Solid list, like

Great list too man

The more I see with Israel he should make my top 5 soon

If I'm honest he might already

I do at times find him cringe, but he is a really exciting fighter

Big things to come from him

Right now...mmmh so many and it changes all the time but...

Wonderboy
Mas
Moose
Lineker
Toss up between Aldo, Luque and Kattar

All brilliant strikers

Great list too man

The more I see with Israel he should make my top 5 soon

If I'm honest he might already

I do at times find him cringe, but he is a really exciting fighter

Big things to come from him
Definitely dude. I also don't live in an echo chamber, I know what you mean about his cringyness.

That aside I can't wait for him to get this Paulo fight out of the way. For a guy like Izzy who seems to rise to any challenge presented, I personally get more hyped when fighters like this when you don't know what's next for him. Could be Cannonier, could be Till, maybe Shahbazyan? Shit it's almost 2021 could be Jones. So many possibilities for this guy, can't wait to see it unfold.

Also I see your a man of culture, a fellow Holloway fan
<WhatItIs>
When do you think we'll see Blessed Express leave the station again?

Definitely dude. I also don't live in an echo chamber, I know what you mean about his cringyness.

That aside I can't wait for him to get this Paulo fight out of the way. For a guy like Izzy who seems to rise to any challenge presented, I personally get more hyped when fighters like this when you don't know what's next for him. Could be Cannonier, could be Till, maybe Shahbazyan? Shit it's almost 2021 could be Jones. So many possibilities for this guy, can't wait to see it unfold.

Also I see your a man of culture, a fellow Holloway fan
<WhatItIs>
When do you think we'll see Blessed Express leave the station again?

The cringe does not not bother me really

I have no idea dude

I would actually like to see blessed make a run at Lw

Get his body adjusted to the weight and he would be a great addition to an already stacked division

He always gives his best and has tonnes of heart

Back