• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Media Sean O´Malley roasting Cody Garbrandt´s technique.

CBohl

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score

<36><36>

I still think Cody´s KO was better.
TanThatGoshawk-size_restricted.gif

This dude is gonna get wrecked by a Cody bomb and this video will live in our memories forever.

.this video is just like fecking so sweet....

I blame the commentators for even acting like there was a discussion about which KO was better. Sean had your run of the mill straight right KO we have seen a million times over.

Cody had a monster powered up hook he threw from the dressing room that landed at the perfect time with Assuncao turning directly into it, giving us an early contender for KO of the year and one of the cleanest KO's of all time.

He does a good job of explaining his own but fails to mention that Cody had been feinting the duck(dip) down, essentially a takedown fake all fight whilst also using that uniquely with a leg kick to gauge distance.. This was what set up the KO imo. Equally technical.

Also yeah opponents, way different caliber.

Honestly, I believe versus Marlon Moraes, Cody would have received another KO, this time via knee or kick to the face. However, COdy only did that ducking because he was already confident by that time that Assuncao was just a "slow stuck in the mud fighter," and he could get away with it.

Cody shouldn't try that type of a stunt with a better and faster fighter. He would get KOd. Again. His chin gone. Don't let this victory fool you.

Back