How good was Anderson Silva when Chris Weidman beat him?

It actually is. Watched the vid with an open mind.

1 minute and 18 seconds of top control. Stuffed 66% of the time. Landed only 37% of his strikes. Landed only 8 significant strikes on the feet. It's not the pillar to post drubbing you pretend it to be. Neither guy did much, Chris edged out the first with 1min and 18secs of top control.

1 minute and 18 seconds of top control. Stuffed 66% of the time. Landed only 37% of his strikes. Landed only 8 significant strikes on the feet. It's not the pillar to post drubbing you pretend it to be. Neither guy did much, Chris edged out the first with 1min and 18secs of top control.
Never said it was a 10-8, but it wasn’t competitive.

This doesn't prove he did for RJJ. lol.

The argument he clowned excessively because he had no options and was MORE desperate holds just as much weight to any balanced listener.

But you know the truth. You, the Silva fan, know his true motivations.

Despite a history of Silva acting a fool when he's unable to find offense.

This was a sudden burst of uncontrolled, unrelated movements.

He had never before clowned so excessively. Chael was having much more success than Weidman, and Silva didn't clown at all.

RJJ was in attendance and Silva had been trying to set up a boxing match with him.

Yet you, the Silva hater, know his true motivations?

All I remember was he was 100% wrestler proof and had just entered his prime after perfecting his TDD for Sonnen 2.

Then after he was taken down by another wrestler, finished twice, he was way out of his prime.

Objectively, his TDD did improve from age 35 to 38 (see the Sonnen fights as much, of course with a minor asterisk due to cheating to do it)
Objectively, his speed was still up there as well. I remember one thing commentator were saying during Weidman fights was how much faster he was than Chris.

But yeah, there was a valid reason some like me said Weidman was a stylistic nightmare.

Never said it was a 10-8, but it wasn’t competitive.

He was making Weidman miss excessively, landing leg kicks at will, and stuffing the majority of his takedowns. Weidman couldn't even keep him down for very long. It was absolutely competitive and Silva wasn't even taking it seriously.

Chael was having much more success than Weidman, and Silva didn't clown at all.

Hahaha, yeah, you're right.

Either he didn't want too dance and talk shit, or he was busy eating 300+ strikes and couldn't.

50/50

I find just pathetic that most people bashing Silva are the usual insecure GSP fanboys.
That alone hows how they know SIlva is above GSP.
Because most SIlva fans have no problem saying GSP was a great fighter as well... they on the other hand have to shit on Silva to convince themselves how GSP was better...

This is the problem with silva fans.

You just can't let it go. I'm not a weidman fan. I'm not a silva hater. But you're just out of your mind.

Breakdown the fight then. Show me where I'm incorrect.

I find just pathetic that most people bashing Silva are the usual insecure GSP fanboys.
That alone hows how they know SIlva is above GSP.

That's a comfortable, easy argument and conclusion.

Sometimes life is simple. Sometimes people think too hard.

Hahaha, yeah, you're right.

Either he didn't want too dance and talk shit, or he was busy eating 300+ strikes and couldn't.

50/50

So, you agree that he was in a worse scenario against Chael and didn't clown at all? So how does your theory on his clowning vs Weidman hold up? He was only clowning excessively because he was losing, right? Especially on the feet, where he almost doubled Chris's significant strikes.

So, you agree that he was in a worse scenario against Chael and didn't clown at all?

No. He told Nog what he was going to do.

He planned that entire fight. Don't you remember? He told Nog he was going to triangle him, and tactically tired out Sonnen.

The Weidman fight was an example of a lost soul, desperately hoping to create offensive opportunities and create the perception of control, while losing.

It's the same thing we saw in Diaz fight, the Maia fight, but he paid for it. Suddenly it's "excessive" cuz reasons not related to the fight. You sound stupid to me.

No. He told Nog what he was going to do.

He planned that entire fight. Don't you remember? He told Nog he was going to triangle him, and tactically tired out Sonnen.

The Weidman fight was an example of a lost soul, desperately hoping to create offensive opportunities and create the perception of control, while losing.

Your continued selective quoting is an example of a lost soul, desperately hoping to create offensive opportunities and create the perception of control, while losing.

Your continued selective quoting is an example of a lost soul, desperately hoping to create offensive opportunities and create the perception of control, while losing.

And that's the point that matters.

I am a bad man, and you are a good boy.

It means Silva is better than GSP. lol

All I remember was he was 100% wrestler proof and had just entered his prime after perfecting his TDD for Sonnen 2.

Then after he was taken down by another wrestler, finished twice, he was way out of his prime.

Objectively, his TDD did improve from age 35 to 38 (see the Sonnen fights as much, of course with a minor asterisk due to cheating to do it)
Objectively, his speed was still up there as well. I remember one thing commentator were saying during Weidman fights was how much faster he was than Chris.

But yeah, there was a valid reason some like me said Weidman was a stylistic nightmare.

This was Anderson perfecting his TDD against Chael:
silvastddefens.gif

That's a tough one, because he almost beat Daniel Cormier after fighting Diaz.

lol, landing one kick is not "almost beating" someone.

He got completely dominated with ease otherwise.

Back