Shogun still a ranked LHW...

Finding Deebo

Swimming in Heaven, lookin' for Craig!!
Banned
Reaction score
I'm completely surprised by this. I respect the hell out of him don't get me wrong, but surprised about him still being ranked at this stage.

He's gotten a few wins in the past couple years.

Sadly he got KO'd by Smith too. He's way past his prime and it's amazing he can even rack up wins on lesser known fighters. And we're starting to see some really bigger guys that look to dwarf the old guard. Smith also crushed Rashad, and the size difference was evident. You better be big as hell to expect to break into the Top 5 at 205lb these days.

He fights once per year now for the past 5 years and he hasn't fought in almost an entire year.

love Shogun, but it is absurd he's still ranked. His last two fights are against Tyson Pedro? Who? and a draw against Paul Craig, someone I barely know. Sorry but 1-0-1 in the span of almost 3 years against that level of competition, sorry sir. No.

I'm completely surprised by this. I respect the hell out of him don't get me wrong, but surprised about him still being ranked at this stage.
He is ranked #15 in the UFC Rankings.
Not sure the UFC has any LHWs beyond 15???
Might be a guy or two that are new blood but none of them have beaten anyone to get into the rankings. He is 4-1-1 in his last 6 so its not like he is getting crushed by nobodies.

Has he fought Rashad Evans yet?
That fight still needs to happen

He fights once per year now for the past 5 years and he hasn't fought in almost an entire year.

love Shogun, but it is absurd he's still ranked. His last two fights are against Tyson Pedro? Who? and a draw against Paul Craig, someone I barely know. Sorry but 1-0-1 in the span of almost 3 years against that level of competition, sorry sir. No.
Name one UFC LHW that should be ranked above him. He is ranked 15th.

Pretty damn good considering he's never evolved or shown any new skills ever lel

Name one UFC LHW that should be ranked above him. He is ranked 15th.

Alright fair point, LHW does suck. I didn't look so 15th isn't egregious. I could say Jim Crute. I wanted to say Magomed Ankle-boi but he's 14th apparently. I could comically said Chris Weidman and I feel like that's arguable, but laughable.

It's more about activity for me at that point. Tons of people bitch about McGregor being ranked due to activity but he's beat top 5-10 guys recently, he fought for a title recently albeit he lost. Shogun barely fights anymore, he's completely washed. But yeah, maybe 15th is right.

Back