White House Rejects Additional Pandemic Funding for CDC, Testing and Contact Tracing

Orgasmo

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Everyday that I thought Murica couldn't inflict anymore damage upon itself, Trump administration exceeds such expectations. At this rate, you'll still be in your first wave by Christmas.
The Trump administration is trying to block billions of dollars for states to conduct testing and contact tracing in the upcoming coronavirus relief bill, people involved in the talks said Saturday. The administration is also trying to block billions of dollars that GOP senators want to allocate for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and billions more for the Pentagon and State Department to address the pandemic at home and abroad, the people said.

The administration’s posture has angered some GOP senators, the officials said, and some lawmakers are trying to push back and ensure that the money stays in the bill. The officials, who spoke on condition of anonymity to reveal confidential deliberations, cautioned that the talks were fluid and the numbers were in flux.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/us-policy/2020/07/18/white-house-testing-budget-cdc-coronavirus/

Everyday that I thought Murica couldn't inflict anymore damage upon itself, Trump administration exceeds such expectations. At this rate, you'll still be in your first wave by Christmas.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/us-policy/2020/07/18/white-house-testing-budget-cdc-coronavirus/
8wrpK5j_d.webp

If it was anyone else you'd say they were trying to lose the election on purpose but with Trump he probably thinks this is good for his election

Americans do not want to be traced. And if we are at some event where someone got the rona, we don't want to get traced and then have to quarantine for weeks because we were at the same place.

Can't reject additional funding if we don't test for additional funding.

Or we can't test for additional funding if we reject additional funding.

Science....
{<hhh]

Last edited:
If it was anyone else you'd say they were trying to lose the election on purpose but with Trump he probably thinks this is good for his election
Exactly what I was thinking , from afar it looks like this administration is trying to get Biden elected.

Americans do not want to be traced. And if we are at some event where someone got the rona, we don't want to get traced and then have to quarantine for weeks because we were at the same place.
Then enjoy a prolonged and painful pandemic and a Biden presidency

Compared to the Trump administration they are a well oiled machine .

Not really, no. If you judged them even half as much as you judge the Trump administration, they'd be the Trump administration of health officials.

Since Trump is opposing them though, they are perfection defined.

Surely this mentality won't lead to anything nefarious...

Last edited:
If the CDC weren't such fuck ups, they'd get their funding.

I'm sorry that "They have an acronym that sounds prestigious and totally trustworthy" doesn't cut it for Trump.

lmao

As if Trump is competent in any conceivable way on this issue.

“Suppose we hit the body with a tremendous light”

a month ago:

“the coronavirus is dying down”

And these same people are crying about schools being closed because cases are still high. Absolute morons

Good. We've already seen evidence the testing and reporting is erroneous at best, completely fake at worst. Nevermind that contact tracing is a straight up violation of human rights. This is like acting shocked that Trump didn't allocate funding for dropping an atomic bomb on LA.

Based Drumpf. If literally any other politician had the balls he has towards China and immigrants, (Specifically, his policy of immigrants on public assistance impacting if they can stay) I would vote for them.

I have very low standards now

Back