Fabricio Werdum Refuses to Renew UFC Contract

Should he be inducted into the UFC Hall of Fame?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
werd.jpg

“There’s no possibility (of renewing my UFC contract). All those years with the UFC have been good. We had a good relationship. We disagreed sometimes, but those things happen in a normal relationship,” Fabricio Werdum said to AG Fight (via google translate).

“I’m thankful to the UFC for all these years. It’s practically where I made my career. I’ve always wanted to join the UFC and they gave me that opportunity twice. I was fired and asked to come back because I kept bothering them about it. But the cycle is over.

Now I want to move on with my career. I want to do it my way. Maybe I’ll fight for a different company; I’ve fought for many of them; I want to have choices.

“This trajectory that I had in the UFC was very cool. It was a very good and happy moment. Twice champion. I beat Mark Hunt; then I beat Cain Velasquez. I don’t only count the victories (of course I don’t like to lose), but the defeats also made me grow a lot.

This part as a commentator too, eight years ago as a commentator in Spanish. It was all part of my career. We had fights, arguments; we didn’t agree on some things; I was fired (laughs). But this has passed.”

4735657790_cc1847faeb_o.0.0.jpg

mma_ufcupsets_09.jpg

Last edited:
Werdum is a MMA legend 100% and should be in the UFC HOF also imo, UFC HW champion, finished Cain, Hunt, Big Nog. Then a win over Roy Nelson and two wins over Travis Browne, Walt Harris. It's a very good resume

Basically he wants to do what Vitor is doing now. Go to an orginization that doesn't test for peds

From past interviews how he's talked about them, yeah I agree. He's 42, the only thing that's going to give him that youthful spark again and keep up is PEDs.

Possibly for the betterment of his health as well. If he just wants to do TRT, his quality of life will likely improve and he knows it. Worth it if the paychecks are a little less.

From past interviews how he's talked about them, yeah I agree. He's 42, the only thing that's going to give him that youthful spark again and keep up is PEDs.

Possibly for the betterment of his health as well. If he just wants to do TRT, his quality of life will likely improve and he knows it. Worth it if the paychecks are a little less.
most 42 year-olds don't need trt.

Makes sense to leave at this time. His run to the title was great, but he's well past his prime and doesn't need to be a punching bag for prospects.

Is Gus the last fight on his contract then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GringoRonin
Back