Dana finds something to throw a tantrum over

Couch Ninja

The Duster King
@Black
Reaction score
Just finished watching the fights from last night. Afterward, the 1st article I read about it is Dana White venting at the doctor. Uncle Dana was evidently upset the doctor took so long to clear Edmen to fight after that 2nd round. Said "what you don't do, is go in there and talk to him for 10 f***ing minutes" blah ba-blah ba-blah. Having no clue what he was talking about, I went back and checked it. The doc took 13 seconds to make a call; a little shorter than "10 f***cking minutes."
So did I miss something? Did the video I watched cut a bunch of stuff out? Or is this just Classic Dana at his finest?

Just finished watching the fights from last night. Afterward, the 1st article I read about it is Dana White venting at the doctor. Uncle Dana was evidently upset the doctor took so long to clear Edmen to fight after that 2nd round. Said "what you don't do, is go in there and talk to him for 10 f***ing minutes" blah ba-blah ba-blah. Having no clue what he was talking about, I went back and checked it. The doc took 13 seconds to make a call; a little shorter than "10 f***cking minutes."
So did I miss something? Did the video I watched cut a bunch of stuff out? Or is this just Classic Dana at his finest?
No, you pretty much nailed it. Dana just says dumb shit sometimes.

fighters are tools to make him rich, I doubt he cares about a man life.

clown-dana.jpg

Don't know why he was let back out there.... Gotta change the mma culture of throwing in the towel/tapping to strikes
I agree man. I get the whole "going out on your shield" thing or just not wanting to be called a wussie. But that's what the corner should be there for. Gotta just be realistic and throw in the damn towel sometimes

I think he’s probably saying that the doctor should have checked on him between rounds, not when the third round should have started.

I think he’s probably saying that the doctor should have checked on him between rounds, not when the third round should have started.
If that was his point, he oughtta just say that specifically. Personally I think it's a bad idea for the doctor to throw himself in front of the fighter in the middle of his corner advice and cutman work. Dana can disagree, but he makes himself look unnecessarily stupid when he exaggerates. Plus it puts negative media out there to overshadow his fighters. Like I said, it was the 1st article on last night that I found. You don't want your 1 headline following the fights to be the president talking shit to the ringside doctor when everything actually went pretty smoothly.

Don't know why he was let back out there.... Gotta change the mma culture of throwing in the towel/tapping to strikes
I can understand your point to a degree, but it’s a slippery slope. Other sports have tried to appease the recent trend to take most of the physicality out of their games because of whining pussies (not saying you are one).

In the NFL now, literally any hit that is considered to “hard” gets a flag and sometimes an ejection. Even if they are legal hits, it’s ridiculous. These same hits 10 years ago people didn’t even think twice about. NBA is just as bad as teams just aren’t allowed to play that physical, hard-nosed defense you saw in the 90s and 2000s.

I understand that corners especially probably should know their fighters a bit better and call it when a fighter is clearly done, but I would hate to see mma follow the trend of all the other major sports. I don’t want to see a bunch of early stoppages and suspect doctor stoppages all because they are trying to appease the same people that the nfl and other major sports have.

yeah there was a zero percent chance he was gonna win at that point. He looked like he just wanted out but didn't have any way to say it without being shamed.

Except that's not the way it's done.

The corner gets it's minute to work on the fighter, THEN the doctor can assess. The exception is when the ref pauses the action mid round to assess an injury.

I can understand your point to a degree, but it’s a slippery slope. Other sports have tried to appease the recent trend to take most of the physicality out of their games because of whining pussies (not saying you are one).

In the NFL now, literally any hit that is considered to “hard” gets a flag and sometimes an ejection. Even if they are legal hits, it’s ridiculous. These same hits 10 years ago people didn’t even think twice about. NBA is just as bad as teams just aren’t allowed to play that physical, hard-nosed defense you saw in the 90s and 2000s.

I understand that corners especially probably should know their fighters a bit better and call it when a fighter is clearly done, but I would hate to see mma follow the trend of all the other major sports. I don’t want to see a bunch of early stoppages and suspect doctor stoppages all because they are trying to appease the same people that the nfl and other major sports have.
Well said, man

Im not a big Dana fan, but he's right on this one. What if the whole delay caused Shabazyan to recover and he ended up winning against Brunson? We've seen how a fighter badly hurt during the second round can take advantage of a delay going into the third round and winning, like Romero did against Kennedy (and Kennedy was so mad about the delay).

Dana said that it's either the doctor stops the fight right then and there, or allow him to continue; and what the doctor shouldn't do is to take too long because it might give the injured fighter even more recovery time, and it's not fair for the fighter on the other end.

Last edited:
He's obviously exaggerating to make a point, but his criticism is valid. When the doctor is called out when the round is starting instead of right when the previous round ends and then takes longer than he should to evaluate, it looks corrupt.

That doc was hella inexperienced tho, Edmen was leaning on the fence and didn’t make eye contact once. Body language TKO right there. Plus he slumped off his stool and Tarverdyan sent him back out. Hope the kid realizes his cap at Glendale fight club.

Im not a big Dana fan, but he's right on this one. What if the whole delay caused Shabazyan to recover and he ended up winning against Brunson? We've seen how a fighter badly hurt during the second round can take advantage of a delay going into the third round and winning, like Romero did against Elliot (and Elliot was so mad about the delay).

Dana said that it's either the doctor stops the fight right then and there, or allow him to continue; and what the doctor shouldn't do is to take too long because it might give the injured fighter even more recovery time, and it's not fair for the fighter on the other end.
What fight are you talking about? Yoel Romero hasn't fought anybody named Elliott so idk who you mean

Back