Was Emin going to fight in the UFC?

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I have heard this dude was going to fight in the UFC back in the old days. He was supposed to fight either Vitor or Frank Shamrock. I am curious to know how close the fight was from happening?

I give this guy respect for being the very few martial artists in the style of Wing Tsun who is in a respectable shape:

emin-boztepe-7.jpg

image.jpg

Wow. I haven't heard that name in a long time. We used to always hear about him on old MMA boards. I watched an instructional video of his about 15 years ago that was actually pretty decent.

Didn't he have a street fight with another Wing Chun guy that was caught on tape?

He's got that weird steroid physique in the first pic where certain muscles are overdeveloped, while others aren't developed at all.

Emin Boztepe might have a better physique than most Wing Chun practitioners, but if you've seen the video footage of his fight with William Cheung, (another Wing Chun Master,) the only logical conclusion is that he'd have gotten his ass kicked in the UFC. Cheung was much older, tricked and then sucker-punched, and it still just ended up being two seemingly-unskilled guys attempting to wrestle. It's a helluva coincidence that between two of these well-regarded masters of Wing Chun, neither apparently had the "real" Wing Chun.

I actually really liked a lot of Emin Boztepe's demo videos. They were cool and well-produced, like movie fight scenes, (and about as realistic.) And I actually kinda understood his side of why he never did business with the UFC, (he actually wanted to fight RORION specifically moreso than actually wanting to fight in the UFC.) But if he wanted to fight somewhere, he could've. He didn't. I just read about Gary Goodridge and how he got into the UFC. He called their marketing department and eventually got to Art Davie, and boom, he was fighting in the UFC. That's a guy who wanted to fight.

I never heard of Boztepe wanting to fight Vitor or Frank. I thought his war of words with Rorion well preceded either of them. Royce would've submitted him easily, but Vitor or Frank would have killed him.

Wow. I haven't heard that name in a long time. We used to always hear about him on old MMA boards. I watched an instructional video of his about 15 years ago that was actually pretty decent.

Didn't he have a street fight with another Wing Chun guy that was caught on tape?

Boztepe attacked William Cheung at a seminar and they briefly "fought." Neither of them shows much in terms of skill. You can still find it on youtube and the like.

I give this guy respect for being the very few martial artists in the style of Wing Tsun who is in a respectable shape:

Personally, I give him respect for bagging Jacqueline Bisset. True she was north of 50 when they were together, but still, that's a high quality piece of (cl)ass. Way more impressive than his physique, his supposed 300-0 street fight record, or any of his martial arts accomplishments.

And by the way....the only reason i had ever heard of emin years ago, was not because of his wing chun,
but because he was fucking Jacqueline bisset
jaqueline-bisset-young-xlarge.jpg

Not prime bisset like in "the deep"
MV5BMTc1NzI0OTg1OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNDQwNzIwMjE@._V1_SY1000_SX800_AL_.jpg but still an accomplishment never the less

Personally, I give him respect for bagging Jacqueline Bisset. True she was north of 50 when they were together, but still, that's a high quality piece of (cl)ass. Way more impressive than his physique, his supposed 300-0 street fight record, or any of his martial arts accomplishments.
lol hivemind

I guess I took so long typing my post, you made the reply for me

Funny how that's the first thing I thought when i saw a thread on emin<45>

lol hivemind

I guess I took so long typing my post, you made the reply for me

Funny how that's the first thing I thought when i saw a thread on emin<45>

Hah. The Deep, Bullitt, Class. She could get the D today with no questions.

he was great in the pianist. won him a fukn oscar at such a young age

adrien_brody_h.jpg

Emin Boztepe might have a better physique than most Wing Chun practitioners, but if you've seen the video footage of his fight with William Cheung, (another Wing Chun Master,) the only logical conclusion is that he'd have gotten his ass kicked in the UFC. Cheung was much older, tricked and then sucker-punched, and it still just ended up being two seemingly-unskilled guys attempting to wrestle. It's a helluva coincidence that between two of these well-regarded masters of Wing Chun, neither apparently had the "real" Wing Chun.

I actually really liked a lot of Emin Boztepe's demo videos. They were cool and well-produced, like movie fight scenes, (and about as realistic.) And I actually kinda understood his side of why he never did business with the UFC, (he actually wanted to fight RORION specifically moreso than actually wanting to fight in the UFC.) But if he wanted to fight somewhere, he could've. He didn't. I just read about Gary Goodridge and how he got into the UFC. He called their marketing department and eventually got to Art Davie, and boom, he was fighting in the UFC. That's a guy who wanted to fight.

I never heard of Boztepe wanting to fight Vitor or Frank. I thought his war of words with Rorion well preceded either of them. Royce would've submitted him easily, but Vitor or Frank would have killed him.

I agree he would have gotten killed badly by Frank and Vitor but I heard that he was looking for a fight during the era of Vitor and Frank Shamrock until of course he became aware and backed off. But for sure, he wouldn't be able to handle any type of mixed grappler like Karo Parisyan or Sean Sherk. A guy with takedowns and subs.

And by the way....the only reason i had ever heard of emin years ago, was not because of his wing chun,
but because he was fucking Jacqueline bisset
View attachment 284129

Not prime bisset like in "the deep"
View attachment 284127 but still an accomplishment never the less

She was super out of her prime when she was going on with Emin. She looks all puffy and old:

jacqueline-bisset-and-emin-boztepe-during-the-aviator-los-angeles-picture-id105366353

jacqueline-bisset-emin-boztepe-during-los-angeles-premiere-of-of-a-picture-id105029572

Looks like a typical middle aged women. Now this is a real HOT Jacqueline that Emin missed out on:

7573d50cdd15b198098196ffc215ff80.jpg

hollywood-screen-goddess-jacqueline-bisset-picture-id607386786

No he chickened out of challenges issued from guys like Bas and the Gracies.

He was and is a fraud nothing more

No he chickened out of challenges issued from guys like Bas and the Gracies.

He was and is a fraud nothing more

But he is in a great shape in terms of practicing what he preaches as oppose to some fat martial artist...

But he is in a great shape in terms of practicing what he preaches as oppose to some fat martial artist...

Having some muscle doesnt mean youre in great shape for physical combat.

Also what does he preach hes boasted about accepting challenge matches and backed down from them all. On top of that he comes from a fraudulent martial lineage.

its 2017 who the fuck thinks Boztepe is legit

Having some muscle doesnt mean youre in great shape for physical combat.

Also what does he preach hes boasted about accepting challenge matches and backed down from them all. On top of that he comes from a fraudulent martial lineage.

its 2017 who the fuck thinks Boztepe is legit

I'm kind of embarrassed. I saw some Serkan kickboxing fights and I knew Serkan is and he looks similar to Emin and I thought like Serkan, Emin had fights but I realized that all the fights are Serkan.

That and I saw Emin in an MMA attire with the gloves and shirts which made me assume that he has fought in hybrid matches like san shou. I mean he is a kung fu guy but seems like he would embrace some hybrid kickboxing matches but guess I was wrong...

I trained with Sifu Emin in the early 90s--there would be maybe six of us in a backyard in Hollywood. I remember talking to him after UFC 2. He had been invited to compete because he had wanted to take up the Gracie Challenge. If it was a couple of years earlier, we would probably be able to watch the fight on a Gracie in Action video (or we would all be doing Boztepe Kung Fu). But in '94ish when I talked to him about it, Emin was scared. He was not worried at all about fighting a Gracie, he was worried about his immigration status. As a Canadian, I bonded with Emin over immigration issues. At the time he was in the middle of applying for a type 'O' visa, which is for exceptional athletes movie stars etc. He was afraid of ruining his immigrations status and getting deported. Remember UFC was a taboo bare-knuckle activity that was very likely illegal at the time.

Not saying he would have won any fights, but when talking about Emin, remember that he was open to all challengers at the time. That is also how he trained us. He told us to spar with boxers, TKD, anything we could--he would tell us to spar with other styles and use Wing Tsun to 'figure it out'.

All of this to say that I never heard of Sifu Emin wanting to fight anyone other than Royce, Rorion etc.

Finally, I can't help but notice that in the 25 years since I trained with Sifu Emin, and in the age of Youtube, I have yet to see a video of anyone getting the better of him. NOTHING! He was the WT bad boy that took on all challengers. And for the brief time I was around him, he was ready to go--anybody anytime. If you fucked with him, he would make you sorry. The fact is that Emin has made many many enemies, yet over the last twenty or so years when everybody has a camera everywhere always, there isn't a single video of Emin getting smacked. He might not be a figure for MMA fans, but he is still a big deal for WC/WT/VT kung fuers etc. The Kung Fu world is small, and if somebody could have beat Emin, they would have. They probably tried...but he is ready to go and like I said ....he will make you sorry.

Back