News Wallid Ismail: Paulo Costa will postpone light heavyweight move after Israel Adesanya’s ‘disgusting’

This is quite true and I feel like it's going to take some credit off the win for Izzy. Before Romero/Costa I was saying Costa was a bum and Izzy would run through him easily but the Romero fight did make him (over)rate him highly. Still think Costa is good and what Izzy did is still super impressive.

Izzy is doing some incredible shit out here. Whittaker is a genuinely great fighter and Izzy just knocked his block off. Dude is on another level.
Yeah but tbf to Whittaker though he was doing fine when he wasn't charging in at Izzy. You can't get impatient against Izzy, got to stay technical. Not entirely sure why Whittaker kept doing that because the only time he was getting clipped was when he'd rush in and start swinging. You're 100% right about people liking to take credit away, I feel like he's actually getting decent props for this win however.

I remember before he fought Kelvin most people on here were picking Gastelum to win and thought he'd knock him out. After the fight the narrative changed to "lmao he had a competitive fight with a fat welterweight!" In Gastelum's case everybody loves to hype him up before his fights then when he loses they say he's a fat welterweight and beating him is no big deal.

Reactions: xP
It was shitty, and I like Adesanya. There was no real bad blood, they proved that when they saw each other on fight week. To act like that after winning is just a weak move, and it will definitely catch up with him when he loses.

Don't see how a rematch goes differently for him. Costa has a much better chance at 205, him vs Jan would be great.

I don't see how someone with reach issues at Middleweight does better at LHW.

Yeah but tbf to Whittaker though he was doing fine when he wasn't charging in at Izzy. You can't get impatient against Izzy, got to stay technical. Not entirely sure why Whittaker kept doing that because the only time he was getting clipped was when he'd rush in and start swinging. You're 100% right about people liking to take credit away, I feel like he's actually getting decent props for this win however.

I remember before he fought Kelvin most people on here were picking Gastelum to win and thought he'd knock him out. After the fight the narrative changed to "lmao he had a competitive fight with a fat welterweight!" In Gastelum's case everybody loves to hype him up before his fights then when he loses they say he's a fat welterweight and beating him is no big deal.

Whittaker's style is all about leaping in and out of the pocket. He's great defensively while doing so against most fighters but against long outside strikers who will just slide back in response to the leap, he just can't cover enough distance without over extending himself. I think it's just built into his style. This was truly highlighted against Till who countered Rob early during a blitz and gave him a lot more trouble than he should have in general. Rob still out worked him on the outside but I don't think he can beat Izzy like that.

Still, I do think Rob can fight Izzy better than he did. Whittaker probably has the best chance to beat Izzy at MW, which says a lot seeing as he already got wiped out.

Paulo's prefight trash talk was more than homoerotic enough to justify Izzy's reaction

Ei6-Ewas-Wk-AUvi-E6.jpg
0E658F6F-487E-4013-94F2-AB2352C866E4.jpeg

I love how everybody was saying Costa was going to wreck Izzy and now after the fight he wouldn't beat him in a million years lol. Pretty obvious Izzy was the better fighter before the fight happened but that wasn't the narrative around here.

You are right, but didn't you vote for mcgregor to beat Pacquaio bro? I saw your name

Im not sure. He could go train wrestling and bjj for 3 years and might be able to take down izzy and keep him there.
Highly unlikely. We haven't seen anything recently that suggests this is an avenue for an opponent of izzy's

You are right, but didn't you vote for mcgregor to beat Pacquaio bro? I saw your name
You can see the name's of people who vote? The majority of times I vote in poll's I pick who I want to win not who I think will win. Pacquiao should win that without too much trouble. Well in this particular case I'm not sure who I'd want to win actually. I like Pacquiao and view him in higher regard than I do Floyd so him making light work of Conor would look good. If I picked Conor in the poll it was because I knew Manny would be the heavy favorite, wanted to make the poll a little less lopsided.

Highly unlikely. We haven't seen anything recently that suggests this is an avenue for an opponent of izzy's

its just logically true. It doesnt mean that its easy but that would be his weakness if his base is kickboxing. Cant kickbox off your back but its easier said than done.

its just logically true. It doesnt mean that its easy but that would be his weakness if his base is kickboxing. Cant kickbox off your back but its easier said than done.
Def logically true. In the theoretical sense. I just don't think it's a great gameplan unless your TDs are CRAZY good. Izzy isn't a guy who gets taken down or stays down. So if you're making this your game plan you better have more than determination to power it. You'll need uncanny talent at TDs.

It would take costa at least 3 fights at mw to get back into title contention again. He could have one fight at lhw and be gifted a shot....

You can see the name's of people who vote? The majority of times I vote in poll's I pick who I want to win not who I think will win. Pacquiao should win that without too much trouble. Well in this particular case I'm not sure who I'd want to win actually. I like Pacquiao and view him in higher regard than I do Floyd so him making light work of Conor would look good. If I picked Conor in the poll it was because I knew Manny would be the heavy favorite, wanted to make the poll a little less lopsided.

Haha I'm messing

I only discovered it recently

2 wins used to be the standard for CHAMPS,

Costa needs to go to the back of the line.

The thing about that is what if costa destroys everyone and the same thing happens again? Then izzy would have no one to fight

Back