Khabib is telling the Russian Media a Different Story about Retirement

THE-06

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score

"Not everyone can retire at their peak, but I know in a year or 2 years from now I will make a decision about coming back."
"What else is there left to do? Make money? I will always be able to make money"

3 Days before Retirement he said this in regards to Conor vs Poirier

"Both of these fighters, I finish both of them. I am not interested in Conor rematch, I want new blood, new motivation. I want legacy fight, I want new someone."
"GSP fight make me excited, motivates me"

I think the "retirement" was a spur of the moment decision with emotions. He always planned to come back and have another legacy fight.

This is kind of what I figured would happen. He would retire for a year or two then comeback for a mega fight. So Khabib confirmed what I was thinking.

Either way he aint fighting anytime soon

I'm honeslty starting to belive that he Retired so that the ONLY Fight Dana and the UFC comes at him with is the GSP fight, not the rematch with Conor.

Pretty fucking smart long gaming if true. He probably doesn't care that he's vacating the Championship and that the two people he smashed will fight for his Vacant Title, but he's also made it clear he doesn't want to rematch Conor, and that he just wants GSP. By retiring, the UFC can only offer him 1 Fight.

If he comes back it means all that honour man of my word bullshit was fake

If Khabib wants to go down as the best ever, dude needs to defend his belt more than a handful of times.

It did seem like he didn't fully plan on retiring beforehand, because he talked in the Kevin Iole interview about still having the fire inside to compete

Back