Microsoft acquires Zenimax Entertainment for $7.5 billion

Lol, was he highjacking trucks full of electronics?

This isn’t your cousin is it?

Where did he get deported to?

I'm not even sure what he was doing. One time he was giving me and my cousin a ride somewhere and he had to make a quick stop. He pulled out this bag of small diamonds and dumped them into someone women's hand or she dumped them into his hand I can't remember. I just remember there were a shitload of little diamonds.

He got deported to Dominican Republic. The pic doesn't work for me.

I'm not even sure what he was doing. One time he was giving me and my cousin a ride somewhere and he had to make a quick stop. He pulled out this bag of small diamonds and dumped them into someone women's hand or she dumped them into his hand I can't remember. I just remember there were a shitload of little diamonds.

He got deported to Dominican Republic. The pic doesn't work for me.

It was a pic of Dominic Torreto (Vin Diesel from the Fast and the Furious). That was pretty much the plot of the first movie was their gang was doing highway robberies of trucks carrying goods like vcr players and shit.

It was a pic of Dominic Torreto (Vin Diesel from the Fast and the Furious). That was pretty much the plot of the first movie was their gang was doing highway robberies of trucks carrying goods like vcr players and shit.

lol yea who knows what he was up to. I would be at my cousins house all the time and I honestly barely ever saw him.

Head of Xbox Asia when asked about bringing titles to other platforms since Minecraft went that route:

"Minecraft" is a little special case, and I think it should be considered separately from the platform called Xbox. The idea is that "Minecraft" is itself a platform. It's also used in educational institutions, and by the time we acquired Mojang, it was already on various platforms. "Minecraft" is a unique platform, and it is a sample of how to create a community, and in the TGS presentation, we showed a video focusing on the "Minecraft" community. Xbox has a slightly different idea from "Minecraft". Since Game Streaming and Game Pass are already compatible with mobiles and PCs, **I feel that there is not much need to support other devices.**

https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&nv=1&pto=aue&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&sp=nmt4&tl=en&u=https://jp.ign.com/xbox-series-x/47781/interview/xbox-series-x?amp=1&__twitter_impression=true&usg=ALkJrhhwoa9ICeblJ7tquK1nEZlYOM4YKg

This article came out today.

Head of Xbox Asia when asked about bringing titles to other platforms since Minecraft went that route:

"Minecraft" is a little special case, and I think it should be considered separately from the platform called Xbox. The idea is that "Minecraft" is itself a platform. It's also used in educational institutions, and by the time we acquired Mojang, it was already on various platforms. "Minecraft" is a unique platform, and it is a sample of how to create a community, and in the TGS presentation, we showed a video focusing on the "Minecraft" community. Xbox has a slightly different idea from "Minecraft". Since Game Streaming and Game Pass are already compatible with mobiles and PCs, **I feel that there is not much need to support other devices.**

https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&nv=1&pto=aue&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&sp=nmt4&tl=en&u=https://jp.ign.com/xbox-series-x/47781/interview/xbox-series-x?amp=1&__twitter_impression=true&usg=ALkJrhhwoa9ICeblJ7tquK1nEZlYOM4YKg

This article came out today.

Of course they’re not coming to PS5 or Switch. You don’t spend $7.5 billion on something if you’re not aiming to divert consumers to your products.

“But, but they’re losing out on sales to Sony and Nintendo customers!”

Do Sony and Nintendo sell their first party games for Xbox??

Last edited:
Technically yes for Sony now, the MLB Show is made by a Sony First Party (SIE San Diego) and one of the parts of their new deal with the MLB is the game now has to be multiplatform , so for MLB The Show 21 on wards you'll be able to get it on Xbox at the very least aswell as Playstation

https://www.dualshockers.com/mlb-the-show-new-platforms-2021/

Kick Ass! I've been waiting for a AAA baseball game for the Xbox. I thought it was kind of weird that there has been no new AAA baseball or boxing games for this entire generation.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/t...rolls-6-being-an-xbox-exclusive/1100-6483905/

Bethesda creative director Todd Howard said that Microsoft hasn't decided what its approach to console exclusivity will be, but that it will be "hard to imagine" the two companies not launching a game like The Elder Scrolls 6 on other platforms as well.

We're a subsidiary, but we're still running our games and pushing everything the way that we have," Howard explained. "We felt very strongly about their view of access; games for everybody that we can bring to anybody regardless of where they are, what devices they're playing on.

"We do view it, and always have by ourselves, on a case-by-case basis," Howard said. "We'll do that as part of Microsoft as well. They've been pretty open on other platforms and not just within Xbox. This is an outside perspective, but if you go back ten years at Microsoft, you wouldn't expect them to have a full Office suite on an iPhone either."

<WellThere>

Last edited:
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/t...rolls-6-being-an-xbox-exclusive/1100-6483905/

Bethesda creative director Todd Howard said that Microsoft hasn't decided what its approach to console exclusivity will be, but that it will be "hard to imagine" the two companies not launching a game like The Elder Scrolls 6 on other platforms as well.

We're a subsidiary, but we're still running our games and pushing everything the way that we have," Howard explained. "We felt very strongly about their view of access; games for everybody that we can bring to anybody regardless of where they are, what devices they're playing on.

"We do view it, and always have by ourselves, on a case-by-case basis," Howard said. "We'll do that as part of Microsoft as well. They've been pretty open on other platforms and not just within Xbox. This is an outside perspective, but if you go back ten years at Microsoft, you wouldn't expect them to have a full Office suite on an iPhone either."

<WellThere>

In the actual full interview right where your post ends, he goes on to say..

"I can't really project where things will be except to say we've done those sort of exercises ourselves as an independent. If you look at every Elder Scrolls game, there has been some exclusivity on Xbox or with Microsoft. We've partnered with every game. Morrowind was basically a console exclusive, Oblivion was a long timed exclusive, Skyrim's DLC was exclusive for a long period of time. We'll decide what makes the best sense for our audience when the time comes, and I can't really project today what that looks like."

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2020-10-28-todd-howard-the-next-generation-is-about-access

I think the approach for huge games like Elder Scrolls will be:

"Get an Xbox and play it day 1 on GamePass or wait 6 months and buy it for $70 on PS5"

Oh, yeah. That’s a given.

In the actual full interview right where your post ends, he goes on to say..

"I can't really project where things will be except to say we've done those sort of exercises ourselves as an independent. If you look at every Elder Scrolls game, there has been some exclusivity on Xbox or with Microsoft. We've partnered with every game. Morrowind was basically a console exclusive, Oblivion was a long timed exclusive, Skyrim's DLC was exclusive for a long period of time. We'll decide what makes the best sense for our audience when the time comes, and I can't really project today what that looks like."

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2020-10-28-todd-howard-the-next-generation-is-about-access

I’ve read the whole interview. His whole thing is, Microsoft’s a good fit and they’ve given Bethesda a long leash. They’ve had a very good relationship and they’ve worked together on various DLCs, games etc etc.
But he does say multiple times, Elder Scrolls and other very big games aren’t meant to be exclusive to one company. And he does say that phrase "case by case..."
The second bigwig to say that.
He could’ve just said "Nah...Sony fked up. They should’ve bid on us but now they and their players can eat a bag of dicks." Or "it’s for the CEO / President to decide."
But he didn’t.

Ftr I’ve never played ES. Nor care for it or anything. Got no stick in the game.

I’ve read the whole interview. His whole thing is, Microsoft’s a good fit and they’ve given Bethesda a long leash. They’ve had a very good relationship and they’ve worked together on various DLCs, games etc etc.
But he does say multiple times, Elder Scrolls and other very big games aren’t meant to be exclusive to one company. And he does say that phrase "case by case..."
The second bigwig to say that.
He could’ve just said "Nah...Sony fked up. They should’ve bid on us but now they and their players can eat a bag of dicks." Or "it’s for the CEO / President to decide."
But he didn’t.

Ftr I’ve never played ES. Nor care for it or anything. Got no stick in the game.
Well, they won't be exclusive to one company or one single platform..

PC via Steam etc, and XCloud via many, many different devices..

However, that doesn't necessarily mean they will be released on PS.

<WellThere>
Thing is, Todd has no power here, his thoughts dont matter at all. And he's a liar. And its not the same thing.

Well, they won't be exclusive to one company or one single platform..

PC via Steam etc, and XCloud via many, many different devices..

However, that doesn't necessarily mean they will be released on PS.

Maybe but that doesn’t mean it won’t.
Nobody’s come out and definitely said that. And notice his Microsoft / Apple comment.
He didn’t say PC - Mobile - Tablet (Microsoft ecosystem), he said Apple, as in one of Microsoft’s biggest competitor with its own closed off ecosystem.

<WellThere>

Full Office Suite coming to ps5 confirmed?

I understand from a business standpoint why Microsoft would decide to make games like Starfield, Elder Scrolls, and Fallout exclusive. I still hate it though. Its one thing to have exclusives like Sony has with naughty dog or Microsoft has with Halo or Gears, those were always exclusives. However it’s another thing to buy rights to games people were already enjoying and then taking them away. It would be like Sony buying Capcom and taking Resident Evil away from X Box players. Smart for business but a bit of a dick move IMO.

God I remember being one of these people. Having to beg my parents to buy me a console (which only worked twice NES and Sega). Being so poor I had to take my used games to gamestop just to buy some new game I wanted. Thank god those days are behind me. I go PC and PS since PC gives me the option to emulate a lot of shit so I get a lot more gaming. Zelda BOTW on my PC was amazing.
How do you find Wii U emulation? That's the only console emu (and Wii) I haven't dabled in

I hope the Xbox is cool and does well.

Back