Is it possible to cook a steak in an oven that actually tastes good?

Agree besides the ketchup part.
I’d stab some one in the neck with a fork if. They aske fort ketchup for a. Steak I cooked

I was kidding about the ketchup btw ;) - I would refuse to give them ketchup!! - In fact I sometimes get a litlte upset if I serve someone food and they immediately throw a bunch of salt on it. I mean.....at least try it first for crying out loud! How do you even know how salty it is without tasting it first?

Oh, and I don't set out BBQ sauce with my pulled pork ;) - But I will get it out if asked.

I was kidding about the ketchup btw ;) - I would refuse to give them ketchup!! - In fact I sometimes get a litlte upset if I serve someone food and they immediately throw a bunch of salt on it. I mean.....at least try it first for crying out loud! How do you even know how salty it is without tasting it first?

Oh, and I don't set out BBQ sauce with my pulled pork ;) - But I will get it out if asked.
Oh I know, I was just voicing my distain for ketchup on steaks.

I actually tried this tonight in like a toaster oven and came out like shit

I actually tried this tonight in like a toaster oven and came out like shit
10lkUdy.gif

For a quality thick cut an oven is basically mandatory..... for reverse searing purposes.

I’ve done it all... bbq grill both charcoal/gas propane, cooked in traeger, sous vide and then cast iron, oven only and pan only.

This method reigns supreme to me.

The funniest thing is how they managed to make him stop

Doctor: This might kill you.
Guy: Whatever
Doctor: It will also hurt your gainz in the gym.
Guy: Oh... I'm stopping now.

<6>

I do a prime rib roast in the oven and slice it into steaks that will make a vegetarian drool. Granted it's the only steak I cook in the oven, but it's fucking incredible.

Have done a filet using only a toaster oven on broil and it turned out ok. Tried the same in a viking oven and it turned out amazing(if you like bleu/rare).

Might try air frying a ribeye tonight to see what happens.

The oven just seems like a more difficult way to do it. How hard is it to just cook it on high heat on the stove top and flip once? It a less than 5 minute process once the pan is hot.

I prefer the gas grill to the broiler, year round. They basically do the same thing, but I like the angle I’m working at better on the grill than my oven. Usually I’ll just seer in a pan until I get good color on both sides, then into the over at 350 with a pad of herb butter on top. When the butter is melted out completely, take it out and let it rest 5-10 minutes.

The oven just seems like a more difficult way to do it. How hard is it to just cook it on high heat on the stove top and flip once? It a less than 5 minute process once the pan is hot.

A lot of people don't understand the sear. They look at a frying pan, and think "fried steak?". They don't know the heat it should be cooked at, and whatnot. I was in the same boat, before I learned how to cook. You just automatically believe that steaks go on a grill and that anything else seems odd. I'd wager it's a big reason why people attempt to cook steaks in the oven. It's simply because the oven rack looks like a grill.

A lot of people just don't know the basics of cooking.

Make your own! If you sterilise the jars they keep forever without spoiling. You can make it to your own taste then, and the kitchen smells awesome.

It really depends on the width and size of the steak. I like to get a good crust with the sear and then pop it in the oven. You can still do it med rare.
If I'm cooking a really good filet though it isn't going in the oven. That's pan seared and blue.

Yes, bro. Sear the sides quick to lock in the goodness and then toss it in the oven. Actually surprisingly good.
Pretty much this. Cast iron sear, then heat in the over to finish it off.

I put steak in the over and it looked grey and tasted bad

Lol i tried to salvage it by putting it on the pan but it was too late, the outside looked gray and inside was still a bit rare, it was weird. I just ate it with bbq sauce <{clintugh}>
and you tell me I have weird tastes

Back