News BREAKING NEWS Yoel Romero Out Of The UFC!!!!

Really not that shocking and I feel this may have been a mutual split, Romero is old as fuck, will never be anything but a gatekeeper in the UFC now and realistically at his age only has a few fights left in him. He will go to Bellator for a few fights and likely make more than he can with fighting out his career in the UFC.

The UFC doesn't just let people go. They would have gladly just owned his soul under exclusive contract for the rest of his life.. Some crazy shit must have happened?

Wow, fuck that. WTF bald goof?!?

To be honest, Romero deserved it. His activity was pretty low when he fought Izzy and also his age. However, I still want him to be in UFC.

Dudes is 43 already, on 3 fight lose streak and wasnt gonna be a champ. Honestly at his age he shouldn’t be fighting anymore. Probably what UFC was thinking too.

Be interesting to see what his next move is. Might be retiring I mean the guy's what almost 44? Alternatively Bellator would pay over the odds for him on say a short 3 fight contract, could likely double his money there. I'd still back a mid 40's Romero to beat Mousasi.

Romero got more opportunities than almost any fighter on the entire UFC roster...and he blew all of them (except when he was allowed to cheat and beat Kennedy...he truly capitalized on that one). He is old and to paraphrase Marcellus Wallace, "If he was going to become the champ, he would have done so before now." He was never getting near the championship again and he realistically doesn't have many fights left in him. So, it's probably the best move for everyone involved that he go somewhere like Bellator.

Jarl

No, his contract is now void and he is free to sign with another promotion.
Doubtful that the UFC contract is void and he's now free to sign with another promotion. Doesn't the UFC have exclusive matching rights for 12 months after they "cut" someone? So he's earning $380,000 per fight in the UFC now when he's cut. But if another promotion offers him $200,000 in the next 12 months, the UFC has automatic rights to sign him again for $200,000. Right?

So IMO if the UFC just doesn't want to pay Yoel $380K, this is a very smart move for them. They could avoid paying him, but also not risk losing him. Very smart decision if that's how the contracts work.

I think that's how cuts/ releases work. I think that's why no one's signing Anderson Silva right now.

To be honest, Romero deserved it. His activity was pretty low when he fought Izzy and also his age. However, I still want him to be in UFC.

he deserves to be cut for one fight?

Guy's stay under contract nowadays after losing 4 fights in a row. When's the last time someone got cut after losing a title fight? There's obviously more to the story that we don't know yet.

Wow. I'm.biy usually for fighters to continue into their forties, but if anything he always looks in great shape.

I think he's looking at other promotions? I'd rather he retire on his own terms.

UFC, bloody hell.

The UFC MW division:

giphy.gif

Bellator & ONE FC fighters:

source.gif

How unexpected. But really, having as many shots at the title as he has he's basically ran out of chances. That's why I hate how quickly the UFC gives fighters title shots

I just assumed that it couldn't be due to USADA violations because the UFC never cuts guys in that case. They just prefer to own your soul until your suspension is over. Then maybe cut you at that point lmfao. But Romero is unique in that he's 43.. maybe the UFC has enough of a heart not to keep him on ice until he's 47??

well Goddamn.

has to be a back-story on THAT one.......

Back