When GSP beat Hendricks :

Facial scarring determines not the winner of a fight. Some people are sexier motherfukkers and have that soft sexy skin plus GSP had a lot of scar tissue. Compare that to Hendricks truck driver steroid laden face.

who was medically suspended for longer? There’s your real answer.

He cuts easily and it was sharp razor thin close fight but making an argument for hendricks is understandable. I thought he won and i would also say that i thought they both won and i know it doesn't make sense but they both won that night because the argument can go both ways.

GSP is a crafty point-fighter and there is a legit argument for him in this fight as well which is why the judges gave him the fight but nonetheless you could say both guys won. It is a fight with two narratives

I need to watch that fight again and see if time has changed my mind about who won.
Watch it, and leave the GSP hate, the pic of his face afterwards or the original score aside. I wanted Hendricks to win and thought he won,....then i rewatched it and gave it to GSP. I understand why people thought Rigg won but I let all the damage GSP was wearing sway my judgement at the time bc I was kinda new to the sport.

View attachment 820055

This is what it looked like.

394125949d4cc373a2b01df17560b30c.jpg

bisping
Nemlg0U.jpg

diaz
OrXLVk6.jpg

condit

display_image.jpg

bj
ufc129_12_gsp_vs_shields_024.jpg

jake shields

i never knew gsp had so many losses lol noob

By Playground Rules, then yes, Hendricks won. Thankfully, the UFC goes by the Unified Rules, so there's the answer.

Honestly, I don't know why people hate on GSP so much for this. Do they really wish Hendricks was the champ? The guy was so f***ing whiny about his losses. His conditioning wasn't that great, as evidenced by him doing just enough to survive in both of the Lawler fights. And then, his performances just plummet inexplicably after USADA, which makes me wonder even more.

Tbh the mere fact that we debate who won that fight just highlights the greatness of GSP. GSP sustained that form throughout his career and was fighting a peak Hendricks on all the peds in the world at his very best which was short lived. That Hendricks would’ve kod any of the welterweights today. That peak was a small part of his career and GSP still had an extremely hard to call fight with him (imo he won). It was the hardest fight of his career. He was green in his early losses. Not everyone does that well in their hardest fights.

For reference khabib who’s regarded as one of the GOATs now I suppose had his equivalent of that fight against gleison tibeau. And he couldn’t secure a single takedown on him despite a lifetime of wrestling. GSP was simply on another level as an athlete and a person.

I agree that if Hendricks was natty it would be fair to consider it a win for both of them

By Playground Rules, then yes, Hendricks won. Thankfully, the UFC goes by the Unified Rules, so there's the answer.

Honestly, I don't know why people hate on GSP so much for this. Do they really wish Hendricks was the champ? The guy was so f***ing whiny about his losses. His conditioning wasn't that great, as evidenced by him doing just enough to survive in both of the Lawler fights. And then, his performances just plummet inexplicably after USADA, which makes me wonder even more.

People are always going to criticize top athletes. Happens in every sport and always has.

That said, it isn't hating on GSP to point out the obvious fact that Hendricks was the better fighter the night they fought. Giving the fight to GSP was highway robbery, and more or less everyone at the time recognized that.

Back