• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dana wants to do Amanda Nunes vs Jake Paul

This is simply a way of Dana distancing Conor from a possible Jake Paul fight. He’s basically saying Paul has a more realistic chance against a female than Conor, and entertaining the Paul-McGregor fight is nonsense. I tend to agree.

Nunes isn't a wrestler/striker, that's not her game. But the main reason I don'k think she can take him down or out strike him is because he will be controlling the range and outstriking her in general. From what I've seen, he is bigger, stronger, and faster. She will be chasing him since he has the range advantages. He will be landing from the outside and she will be eating strikes trying to get inside. I don't think he will worry about the takedown at all. She is a smaller female and he has the wrestling background. He can give her the single, she still wouldn't be able to take him down. Her takedown attempts aren't a threat to him, he just can't let her get his back where she can use her bjj. He is a MMA middleweight male, she is a female bantamweight/featherweight. It will cost her a lot of energy to even attempt to take him down and she won't be able to finish a takedown against a guy that size with a wrestling background.

I can see her winning two ways. If she somehow gets his back or he gets cocky in her guard with ground and pound and she gets the armbar. But I don't see how she gets the back and I don't see him following her to the ground. But those are the two ways I can see her winning.

I dunno dude, you might be right. Just from training when I've seen people much bigger with some experience go with a decent level but much smaller pro, the decent level pro has always toyed with them.

He wants to drop some 60 contracts before the end of year and probably some real solid fighters who still got juice (No pun intended) but thinking of his own circus fighting? I love Amanda's fighting but youtube boxer puts her on that ass.

I hate Jake Paul, but he would take her head clean off.
No he wouldn't.
He would have a size advantage and I would give him the edge but she could KTFO him also.

That YouTuber bitch needs to be put in his place and Nunes is the one to do it.

Let's see it, $$$$ for sure.

Pretty sure you are confusing Jake with his brother, as far as I know Jake never wrestled outside of high school.
I think you’re right. But he was a competitive wrestler, and his boxing is much better than his brother. I don’t believe a 145 lb woman could beat him in any type of fight.

Nunes vs Jake PauI? I never thought I would say this but.....WAR JAKE PAUL
Why?
Are you an incel?
Rooting for a YouTuber vs a wmma fighter
<Dany07>
Let Nunes spark that spoiled man-child

I cant believe the fucking idiots in here calling Jake Paul a decent boxer after he's had 3 celebrity boxing matches against other novices. Thats like the equivelant of having 3 smoker matches

He is a amateur. This would be hilarious.

dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls
Damn didnt know Bisping got beat up by a girl

I very rarely post up threads, but since I’m seeing threads on the possibility of Amanda Nunez fighting Jake Paul I couldn’t resist to give my take on this... I’ll just echo my sentiments from the other threads and talk about my experiences training with females, I’m sure I will get shit on and bombarded with hate as a misogynist, ect... but whatever.

Amanda is a badass through and through, the WMMA GOAT, ect... this wouldn’t matter, in a straight up boxing exhibition it would end very badly for her... in an MMA exhibition I’d give her a reasonably good shot to submit the YouTube scrub, maybe a 50/50 shot at best, that’s if it was a 3 round fight, 5 rounder would significantly increase her chances of success. I’m seeing quite a few people post that they confidently think she would starch or submit him... I’m guessing these Sherdoggers have never trained or grappled with a female before, the reality is that the difference in strength and physicality between a grown man and grow woman is significant... it’s a game changer, even for the most skilled of female athletes or fighters.

I’m proportionately about the same size as Jake Paul, 5’10” and 190 back in my active Military days, so I was literally exactly the same size as Jake.

I’ve never sparred with a female in any type of the stand up arts so I can’t speak on that, but I have grappled with plenty. I’m not talking about soccer mom’s either, Military gals that were in US Army SOF support units, mostly TST, mostly lesbian too, but definitely weren’t soccer moms. Back in the day JFK Special Warfare Center at Fort Bragg NC had a grappling club (actually where I met Tim Kennedy) they ran club classes 5 days a week from 6-8pm IIRC, usually there’d be 20-30 peeps per class, but there always a few gals.

Anyway, the difference in strength between a grown man and woman is consequential, some guys actually refused to roll with the women because it lacked training value for them, I wasn’t one of those guys. I still remember rolling with some of the females who were skilled, good enough to hang with smaller stature dudes anyway. When I would roll with a woman, I’d always play nice enough so they would get something good out of the training, but there was always one chick who was either that competitive or had some type of gender complex that they’d always be going full bore, I’d toy with those types by just passively defending, they’d get mad... always try harder. Not to beat my own chest, but I could’ve easily finished off the drill, achieve mount, sweep, schrimp out, ect... however that would just make me look bad so I’d never do it. Anyway see the video below of Ronda and Mousasi training, she couldn’t achieve any type of moral victory against him, you could tell she was getting pissed.

Guys here that train and have had experience rolling with women please chime in and give your take about this female versus male exhibition...

Here is Rousey training with Gegard

I think she would have a way way better chance to sub Jake Paul than 50/50. Nunes is good on the ground and Jake is a wrestler with no bjj exp. If it hit the ground I could see Nunes hitting a triangle or something.

As for boxing Jake has fought YouTubers and some other basketball guy. Nunes got hands and power, dudes she trains with say she hits like a man. Not saying she'd win but I wouldn't be shocked if she hurts Jake or busts him up.

I’m proportionately about the same size as Jake Paul, 5’10” and 190

So... You are saying you are not 6,5 and 350pounds shredded? I thought every Sherdogger was.

Other than that, Nunes is definitely more jacked than a regular strong woman. I can see her taking Jake down and subbing him if he hasn't practiced BJJ. With boxing..
I don't know.

I don't think MMA or Boxing would go well. Sure, there's a chance she could get a sub but she'd get ragdolled. She's giving up 40lbs, plus there's a difference pound for pound between men and women. Men at the same weight will generally still be significantly stronger.

I coached female and male wrestlers that wrestled at a high level. Our female wrestlers could wrestle guys, two weight classes lower, and still get ragdolled. Men have more fast twitch muscle and more muscle per pound of bodyweight. As good as Nunes is VS women she'd be a pretty weak bantam weight in the men's division.

In a straight-up boxing match, she'd get KO'd between size, strength and skill difference. Paul may not be a pro boxer but he still looks better than Nunes.

I don't think anyone is denying there's a difference in strength and power.

The issue with your comparison is you're comparing people of a similar level. You're a similar level to the women you're training with, so the difference in strength becomes key. Mousasi is actually more skilled than Rousey, but again you're talking about a world class fighter and another world class fighter.

When you're talking about Jake Paul and Amanda Nunes there's a significant skill gap.

Stupid long read but I'll play ball, I'm ya average middle of the mix 66kg fighter in nz still working my way up and theres been 1 lady I've sparred with who I had to not go easy on or she would've slept me, her name is Melody 'diva' downs, multiple nz champ, definently #1 here and she should be signed to ones muay thai league, she was scary to spar, I just remember the first switch kick I felt, I got half winded and was like oh snap she ain't playing around!

I trained with Cyborg for a while (she had a camp in FL around 2014). She was a absolute beast in the gym and would have absolutely mauled Paul in a striking match. Also Paul came into my boxing gym for sparring here in LA like 6 months ago he’s a mediocre guy with limited skill set nothing special. I get the hype (due to his popularity) but people thinking that they have skill to compete with seasoned vets or even a woman of Cyborg or Nunes pedigree are living in fucking la-la-land.

Last edited:
Gegard and Jake Paul are pretty much the same person so yeah this is 100% accurate.
Incredible insights OP; you sound very impartial being able to tell the difference between a man and a woman, but not a Youtuber vs. an MMA legend.

Back