Media Woman files multimillion-dollar personal injury lawsuit against Conor McGregor (Old News- Mcgregor)

But what if he's innocent?

You think it's fair that he has to live with this stigma for years, it has no doubt cost him millions in lost earnings and legal fees already.

Where does it end, and what's to stop a bunch of money-grubbers doing the same, mud sticks, especially when in the public eye, they count on people not wanting the bad exposure and paying to make it go away.

The only way I'd support what you say is if it was illegal to name the accused until a verdict is announced, and even then there should have to be a degree of evidence before the process is allowed to even begin.

For that reason I think we should all be assuming Conor is 100% innocent.

I actually agree with you that there are issues in these situations around what allegations can do but I don’t believe either party deserves it 100% of the doubt here.

Context also matters, if this were a first allegation and out of context with general behaviour it would be less credible.

McGregor does though have a history substantiated assault allegations (including from before he was rich or famous), a documented history of erratic and aggressive behaviour and string of other unproven sexual assault allegations.

There is enough here to indicate a potential pattern of behaviour. Ultimately this woman now has to stand up and testify in court in the face of questioning from the high end lawyers Conor will have. I think it’s fair that her story is taken seriously and that his version of events is heard.

I actually agree with you that there are issues in these situations around what allegations can do but I don’t believe either party deserves it 100% of the doubt here.

Context also matters, if this were a first allegation and out of context with general behaviour it would be less credible.

McGregor does though have a history substantiated assault allegations (including from before he was rich or famous), a documented history of erratic and aggressive behaviour and string of other unproven sexual assault allegations.

There is enough here to indicate a potential pattern of behaviour. Ultimately this woman now has to stand up and testify in court in the face of questioning from the high end lawyers Conor will have. I think it’s fair that her story is taken seriously and that his version of events is heard.
But her version has been heard, this is a do over, and a do over timed to hurt his image, I suspect Conor will have been alerted this was coming a couple of weeks ago to give him an opportunity to make it go away.

As for a string of other sexual assault allegations, I know of nothing other than this, hopefully screen caps of WhatsApp messages isn't what you're talking about...?

As for who deserves doubt cast on their version I was with you first time round, I said lets wait and see if the police press charges, but this time round I think it's only fair we assume he is completely innocent until proven otherwise in court.

Conor going down like all the great black men.

Money, fame and a rape charge.

Pac, Kobe, Tyson, and even Bill Cosby feel your pain.

Couldn't resist throwing “That’s how I felt in the Octagon, I had to tap myself out three times, that’s how I felt,” in there?

I wouldn't be shocked if it turns out a sketchy mother daughter combo tried to get rich off a fake rape claim. Who fucking knows, but my natural inclination is to just dismiss whole ugly thing as BS.

That's what people are missing. They aren't seeing the whole picture of the fan fiction quote, self-contradiction, previous investigation, etc.. They're just focusing on the "what if" possibility or not understanding what was said in the first place.

It's fucking retarded someone can make an accusation like this and the accused name is public while the accuser is completely protected and anonymous

$1.79 million and $2.13 million for lost earnings
How could this be her lost earnings? Does she have a really high paying job? Even if the incident really happened, wouldn't she be able to work again?

Conor going down like all the great black men.

Money, fame and a rape charge.

Pac, Kobe, Tyson, and even Bill Cosby feel your pain.
Kobe went down in a helicopter bro look it up story was huge.

Don't worry guys, Sherdog legal experts in this very thread have already ruled it to be a frivolous lawsuit, case closed!

If there was anything to these allegations he would have been charged. What prosecutor wouldn't want a superstar sportsman conviction on his resume? They found nothing.

This is an attempted cash grab, remember the woman who wrongly claimed Conor fathered her child? It's impossible to have Conors stardom and wealth and not the be the victim of false allegations.

McGregor then told her, “That’s how I felt in the Octagon, I had to tap myself out three times, that’s how I felt,”

<31>
It couldn't be more unbelievable if she tried to.
<KhabibBS>

About a 70% chance he did it.

In a civil case 70% is enough for her to win.

How could this be her lost earnings? Does she have a really high paying job? Even if the incident really happened, wouldn't she be able to work again?

When Conor settles there'll be a non-disclosure clause, the lost earnings probably includes the tabloid money she misses out on by keeping quiet.

It couldn't be more unbelievable if she tried to.

True, they want him to pay-up. If they were too graphic he'd be more likely to fight the case. This way he pays and the story dies.

Hope he gets serious jail time and is forced to cough up 8 figures.
I dont think you can get in jail in personal court. I dont know Irish practice but general system as i know it is that personal disputes are for money, criminal are led by state prosecutor and are for jail time. I could be wrong.

When Conor settles there'll be a non-disclosure clause, the lost earnings probably includes the tabloid money she misses out on by keeping quiet.

True, they want him to pay-up. If they were too graphic he'd be more likely to fight the case. This way he pays and the story dies.
she can't sue for lost earnings from keeping quiet. lol.

If there is doubt it will be thrown out. And at 70% thats a huge amount of doubt.

Hey thats the game, u got money, someones gonna try to get some of it.

If there is doubt it will be thrown out. And at 70% thats a huge amount of doubt.

Beyond reasonable doubt in criminal cases, civil cases the balance of probabilities.

she can't sue for lost earnings from keeping quiet. lol.

I'm not saying she can, but in reality any non-disclosure clause will have to be paid for. I doubt either side want this to go to court.

Beyond reasonable doubt in criminal cases, civil cases the balance of probabilities.

I'm not saying she can, but in reality any non-disclosure clause will have to be paid for. I doubt either side want this to go to court.
but you can't claim it's part of lost earnings. that's my point.

Back