Is landing 445 significant strikes with no finish impressive to you?

Yes it shows an insane amount of cardio, defense & the ability to take a shot. Anyone that throws that many punches had to be in the pocket for a certain amount of time and get their chin tested, but survived off defense while having excellent stamina. Some guys don't have devastating power so they do what they can.

Yes. Max beat the shit out of Kattar for every second of the 25 minute fight. He left zero doubt who was the far superior fighter that night. If they fight 100 times, Max wins all 100. Incredibly impressive performance.

Depends on the situation. In the case of Max-Kattar, Max doesn't really have one-shot KO power (which was already known, his game is high volume and pressure) and Kattar is an animal who deserves a ton of respect for not going down.

Very impressive performance and execution by Max. It is what it is.

The elbows as well were ridiculous, I can’t believe they even interviewed Kattar after the fight they should have been digging him a grave to bury him in.

If you understand & appreciate the finer points of kickboxing, yes it was as aesthetically pleasing as any performance I can recall, altho I wish the ref would have stopped it in the 4th. Was it Herb Dean again?

If you only watch to see violent knockouts then this definitely wasn't impressive, & you'll wanna stick to watching LHW/HW only.

Yes its impressive as fuck to me. If the shots were not landing with any force why didn't Kattar walk through them and land "real" shots? Max is the definition of a volume fighter in MMA. If his opponent is tough enough to survive more power to them.

Yes. Max beat the shit out of Kattar for every second of the 25 minute fight. He left zero doubt who was the far superior fighter that night. If they fight 100 times, Max wins all 100. Incredibly impressive performance.

You don't get it do you?

Two of dumbest things about MMA are the definition of significant strikes (almost every strike is scored as a significant strike except little taps with no weight behind them) and 99.9% of rounds are scored 10-9 or 10-8 (an extremely close round and relatively dominant round both count the same: 10-9).

Kattar was thought to be an elite boxer for MMA and Max sonned him in that area, beat the hell out of him standing for 25 minutes.

Sherdog was sucking Zabits dick for outsricking Kattar for ten minutes and then losing the third.

no. like conor said your remembered by your highlight reel

Back