Bellator MMA to Showtime

Have they mentioned anything about the prelims? I'm assuming the whole show wont be through Showtime because that would be like a 5-6 hour slot.
Prelims will more than likely still be on YouTube.

I really really hope they’ll get new color commentators! Wouldn’t mind Rashad Evans and Frank Mir honestly...I thought they did pretty good for Liddell vs Ortiz 3

That would be pretty shitty, tbh, but I dont see any other alternative for them.
YouTube or Bellator app

showtime is a premium channel, no way prelims are there. Boxing 3 fight cards, mma 4 tops

I’m happy they’re on Showtime but I was hoping they would still be able to do I guess “b-cards” for CBS sports net and just have bigger events on Showtime, I know they’ll be doing a lot of cards close together at first but I’m worried that this means significantly less cards and less fighters and divisions being featured enough. I thought maybe 12 Showtime cards and a certain amount of CBS Sportsnet cards would be good. Hopefully Showtime plans on having a lot of cards. At least more frequent than Strikeforce cards were.

YouTube or Bellator app

showtime is a premium channel, no way prelims are there. Boxing 3 fight cards, mma 4 tops
Shit, i was hoping to go back to 5 fight main events, i guess thats not gonna happen.

I tip my hat to Сoker, it looks like i couldn't be more wrong about the state of Bellator earlier.
not super excited about the gp though, too many fighters way past their prime in it. i think it pretty much safe to say that Nemkov will fight a winner of Anderson v Yagshimuradov in a finals.

I’m happy they’re on Showtime but I was hoping they would still be able to do I guess “b-cards” for CBS sports net and just have bigger events on Showtime, I know they’ll be doing a lot of cards close together at first but I’m worried that this means significantly less cards and less fighters and divisions being featured enough. I thought maybe 12 Showtime cards and a certain amount of CBS Sportsnet cards would be good. Hopefully Showtime plans on having a lot of cards. At least more frequent than Strikeforce cards were.
Espinoza said Showtime was the exclusive home of Bellator. I was hoping for stacked main events and a lot of fights on the prelims on CBSSN. I guess we will find out.

I tip my hat to Сoker, it looks like i couldn't be more wrong about the state of Bellator earlier.
not super excited about the gp though, too many fighters way past their prime in it. i think it pretty much safe to say that Nemkov will fight a winner of Anderson v Yagshimuradov in a finals.
I think they chose a couple of fighters based on name value to get a bit more casuals. Im looking forward to any Nemkov fight, Rumble vs Yoel, and Yagshimuradov vs Corey.

Espinoza said Showtime was the exclusive home of Bellator. I was hoping for stacked main events and a lot of fights on the prelims on CBSSN. I guess we will find out.
That would be nice to have CBSSN with the prelims. Like PBC does with their fox shows of boxing and prelims on fs1

What else is good Showtime other than Bellator?
Like any hit shows? Or other sports? Cool series? Or movies?

I need more than Bellator to justify this purchase.

Yet another pay wall for a MMA organization that have problems drawing viewers on free television.

These Showtime events need to look more special that's for sure. They need to have, at least better production. Off the top of my head, this arent exactly the match-ups I would have put together, save for Rumble vs Yoel. They have good name value but not they're not the most exciting on paper. We shall see, I hope they gain some momentum so we can see a potential show on CBS.
I imagine the issue was making sure that participants would be ready for April, not holding up MW division, and keeping some good talent outside of the tournament so that there is interest in other 205 fights as participants get eliminated, and build up some stories.

I watche every Bellator show and want them to succeed, but a premium cable channel? Welcome to the 2000s. Showtime? Retarded foster kid of premium cable channels. They’re only picking up Bellator because their boxing contract, PBC, has been slowly pulling away from Showtime after they also signed a Fox deal. Showtime has been getting all their lowest of the low end fights.

Still pissed over the whole DAZN deal. They move to DAZN, so I subscribe. $10/month is no big deal. Then DAZN ups it to $20/month, or subscribe for $99 for a full year. I do just that, then COVID hit. Obviously not anyone’s fault, but I wasted that money on DAZN and now Bellator is done with them, so now I have to subscribe to ANOTHER premium?

Finally, what a sham of a press conference. Here’s Mauro acting like it’s 90s pro wrestling (not good stuff, either, more like WCW near the end), a tournament that Bjorn would have finished in 6 months but Coker will take 2 years for, and Puke and Moron provided a ton of unneeded filler. That’s it, folks.

Showtime is better than CBS Sports, no doubt about that. People don't even stumble through that channel on accident since its buried in the sports section of any cable package. At least with Showtime people sure the hell know what channel it is.

Showtime is 10.99 streaming or is included in a lot of cable/satellite packages beyond the base packages. You go the streaming route your talking $132 a year and Showtime has ton of other programming to partake in beyond the world of sports, great original series. I'd gladly pay an extra $32 over what Dazn has giving fans in the US.

I can't defend Coker, you know I've pointed out his flaws many times on here. Hoping with Espinoza involved Coker's blunders are cut down massively, especially on the matchmaking side. Hopefully Showtime's sports people are helping behind the scenes to help produce a better product overall.

P.S.: I agree the press conference was pretty bush league from start to finish.

Free Cards on CBS. PPV on SHOWTIME

Bellator has hard time getting 400K to tune in when on Paramount and it dropped another 100K to 150K avg when it went to CBS Sports. CBS is not touching Bellator as exclusive outlet anytime soon with numbers like that. This is just unrealistic thinking.

Bellator has hard time getting 400K to tune in when on Paramount and it dropped another 100K to 150K avg when it went to CBS Sports. CBS is not touching Bellator as exclusive outlet anytime soon with numbers like that. This is just unrealistic thinking.

You think it will do better behind a paywall???

These Showtime events need to look more special that's for sure. They need to have, at least better production. Off the top of my head, this arent exactly the match-ups I would have put together, save for Rumble vs Yoel. They have good name value but not they're not the most exciting on paper. We shall see, I hope they gain some momentum so we can see a potential show on CBS.

I believe we will get much better cards than we have in the past under Coker event after event. Espinoza isn't going to stand for the shit cards Coker puts together all to often. It's big reason they started the Strikeforce Challenger series. It was simply because Showtime wasn't going to pay the same rate per an event for that kind of a card. They also stepped in multiple times and to use their power in the matchmaking of an event. I'm pretty sure the same will apply now.

Back