• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Social Gina Carano tosses her hat into social media politics #fireginacorano trends

and you're proving our point now, which is that some people like to :
tenor.gif

She's the one making the comparison.

Mainly it is the corporatists that do. Neither the Democratic Party elites (corporatists all of them) nor the Republican Party elites (corporatists all of them) want genuine journalism. Left vs Right in those parties are just corporatists playing the "good cop, bad cop" con to fool the general public into thinking that both sides aren't against you..
Yes, mainly its corporate. However, mass media seems to be very left these days.

Yeah and I’m sure the tweets of her praising anti mask rallies could have meant a lot of things too when you combine them right?
I don't think she was pulling a Fauci with the implied message. Not very many young and healthy people died of Covid. I'm not anti mask but I don't mind people challenging authorities. Especially authorities that are habitually and admit-tingly wrong a lot.

It's almost like there's hundreds of fighters that haven't fought in over a decade yet their names aren't brought up in this section for saying stupid shit on social media.....I wonder if that's the issue?
There are also a ton of fighters and other C list celebrities who say controversial things and don't get mentioned here. She's a Sherdog favorite. It's no mystery that everything she does gets attention here.

I don't think she was pulling a Fauci with the implied message. Not very many young and healthy people died of Covid. I'm not anti mask but I don't mind people challenging authorities. Especially authorities that are habitually and admit-tingly wrong a lot.
How many of those young people who didn’t die contributed to the spread? Maybe they should have worn masks.

People who try to cancel/censor others for their differing opinions and/or political views are some of the most pathetic people on this planet.
The hypocrisy and double standard in today’s America between the left and the right is absolutely disgusting. I don’t care what your views are. You are entitled to them as well as your freedom of speech. Cancel culture is a cancer to society.
There will never be anything resembling “unity” in America until both sides are treated equally. Attempting to censor one side is only going to Inevitably divide America further. Unfortunately, the divisiveness seems to continually get worse by the day and it is fueled by ignorant fools on social media and the msm.

If you support punishment of speech, you don’t believe in free speech.

the left has been acting like speech is still free even as they go about destroying people for saying things that the left disapproves of.
If you want to have a discussion, try addressing points that I actually made. I’m not sure if the “you” in your first sentence is general or you’re talking to me. If you’re talking to me, I never said that or implied that. Get off the soapbox and stop putting words in my mouth.

Cara Dune won't make it past episode 1 of the Book of Bobba.

I'm not going to forget her character and her two and a half emotions.
I wouldn’t be surprised if she already got the news she wasn’t coming back and made these tweets to cry victim after the fact.

That article is bullshit. I followed this story. She never said masks do not work. She never saud covid is fake.

She said churches should be allowed to open if big businesses like walmart are.

She never said the election was stolen. She just supported doing audits snd investigations in November. Not once fid she claim it was a fraudulant election. There is a middleground btwn crying 100 percent rigged election and "there was no voter fraud we don't need to ask questions"

She has been supportive of SW fan youtubers, even small time ones. She has shown so much support for those fans that lucasfilm has been attacking the past few years.

And it's because she isn't afraid like most Hollywood sell outs.

You realize it’s hypocritical to say she’s allowed her opinions but the consumers of the Disney product aren’t allowed theirs right? CEOs are not “catering to a crowd.” They’re making a decision based on the bottom line because that’s all they care about. The same morons preaching freedom of speech need to understand, especially this day and age, that it doesn’t mean freedom from consequences. She’s free to spread whatever bullshit propaganda she wants, but don’t be all shocked and outraged when there are consequences.
You are talking like Disney and their bottom line always aligns with cancel culture and what the social media mob wants. Did Spotify give in to the cancel culture mob and fire Joe Rogan? Did Disney fire Gina Carano the first time they tried to get her fired before season 2?

They are free to make their repost and hashtags, just like Gina Carano is free to express her views. They can't expect their voice is the only one that matters or should be heard. Cancel culture is an extremist version of left wing views. Democrats should see it for what it is. Not all democrats agree with cancel culture.

How many of those young people who didn’t die contributed to the spread? Maybe they should have worn masks.
I wish we knew the answer. I think it's selfish to not think of those at risk and act dangerously. Did they kill more than Cuomo ordering Covid patients into nursing homes? doubtful but completely selfish.

Yes, mainly its corporate. However, mass media seems to be very left these days.
You don't know what left really is. It isn't the Democratic Party or their media stooges. When Fox News and Republicans labelled Obama as far left, that was absurd. Obama was a corporatist, and corporatism is a right wing thing, essentially. Corporatism doesn't care much about left vs right social issues really, so they are happy with the public focusing on those issues, and dividing on those issues, rather than the issues that the corporatists truly care about.

You are talking like Disney and their bottom line always aligns with cancel culture and what the social media mob wants. Did Spotify give in to the cancel culture mob and fire Joe Rogan? Did Disney fire Gina Carano the first time they tried to get her fired before season 2?

They are free to make their repost and hashtags, just like Gina Carano is free to express her views. They can't expect their voice is the only one that matters or should be heard. Cancel culture is an extremist version of left wing views. Democrats should see it for what it is. Not all democrats agree with cancel culture.
Disney will not lose money for a second rate hack of an actress who means nothing to them in the whole scheme of things. Their views align with MONEY. The second it’s obvious she will cost them money, she’ll be jettisoned like yesterday’s trash. She’s still employed so it hasn’t reached that point.

Spotify made the same decision. Joe rogan is a cash cow. They’re not stupid. If enough people had a problem with him and it became evident, he’s no different than Gina Carano. This is 100% about money and nothing else.

So the majority of CEOs in this country are Republican leaning the last time I checked. Tell them to stand their ground against cancel culture and see how far it gets you. It’s just way easier to blame democrats though right? Damn leftists!

Cancel culture is a stupid name so I’m not for or against it. Am I for people getting fired for saying/doing stupid shit? If there is clear cut evidence you said or did it? Yes. If you work for me and say/do something that offends my customers to the extent that they associate it with my brand and I lose money? Fuck yeah you’re fired. But then there are cases like Marilyn Manson who just lost out on a bunch of deals and has been damaged financially because Evan Rachel wood accused him of abuse without any proof other than her flapping gums...THAT is bullshit.

Back