• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sterling was absolutely pathetic

Absolutely right. I usually respect other opinions, but people who dont agree with what you stated are competely ignorant
I totally get that people are mad a title fight ends like this. But then be mad at Yan. Sometimes it feels like MMA fans, if a fighter would pull out a knife during a fight and stab his opponent, would call the victim a actor and scream "Legalize Knifes"

Is Aljo the real Champ? Of course not. But he didn't make the rules. It's not in his power to give Yan that belt back. He can't do that. All he can do is accept a direct rematch and I'm pretty sure he will. If he wins that, he's the champ. If Yan knocks him out clean and follows the rules, Yan has his title back.

I honestly thought Sterling was going to win, but after the first round, that wasn't gonna happen. At the end of the day, Sterling got gifted a win, did some (bad) acting and Yan f'd himself

Maybe if Yan hadn't cheated none of this wouldn't have happened. Losing the title seems like a good punishment, clearly Aljo was rocked and if it continued he would have got KO'd.
It it continued, with or without the knee having happened, it was going to end in a KO sooner rather than later. Had the situation been reversed, with Aljo thowing the knee, would the commentary team have vilified him the way they did Yan? I think not.

Aljo wasn't standing up and was clearly grounded that not even debatable. Yan landed one of the most blatant illegal strikes I've seen in a long time and it landed pretty damn hard. I'd of been fine with Aljo if he was just upfront and didn't embellish. One minute after the illegal strike the man is falling in his back and starting to hyper ventilate it was super corny acting on Aljo. Fuck Yan though he should have known better.

I'm even pretty sure if someone new on that prelims would have done that, he would have gotten cut right after the fight.

I mean , have you even watched that knee. It was a brutal knee shot, that landed undefended on an already tired and exhausted opponent.

Did he put on a little bit? Who knows? You assume so, but really have no way of knowing. He could have easily had a concussion.

Yan blatantly broke the rules. There is no argument against that. Not one person on commentary, on Yan's team, Yan himself, or other professional fighter has said any different.

An intentional illegal strike, that leads to a fight being waved off, is a loss. Of course that will lead to a loss of the title, because if not, a fighter who was losing could intentionally get disqualified, to retain his title.

So I guess if you can ignore fighter safety, and we'll established rules, you can somehow blame Sterling for this.

Last edited:
Some of you are fucking delusional. Faking being knocked out to win is bullshit. And he was CLEARLY faking. 90% of the guys that get legiitmately KO'd get up almost immediately and want to fight the ref who stopped the fight. This dude was completely lucid but was acting like he got ear lobed and his balance was off. Just ridiculous. We made fun of Diego when he did it and we should make fun of Aljo for doing it.

And then Aljo in the post fight talking about how the fight was an all time classic and incredibly close and he just HATES that the fight had to end this way. That's heel shit. Take your fucking "He's doing this for his family!" bullshit and shove it up your ass. That's scumbag shit. Everyone with eyes could tell you that it was getting sad for Aljo at the point of the knee. Actually, it was way past sad for him.

Also, guys down on the cards who win via DQ shouldn't get a win or the title. They should get the win bonus, though. And Aljo was clearly down and it was obviously illegal. Anyone arguing that is insane.

On a second note, remember when an actual rookie in Greg Hardy did this and people acted like he should be arrested for assault and barred from the UFC? Good times

Last edited:
I don't care about a minor technicality. That man is standing up. Why the fuck is throwing a knee on a man that's literally standing up illegal?
How stupid are you at all? His knee is on the ground. You fucking kids these days only see what your stupid brain wants to see.

Yam knows better than that. I bet he is just hating himself this morning

Got his fucking ass whooped, spent half the fight panic wrestling and throwing wild strikes. As soon as he found a way out because he was going to get killed in there he did some very bad acting saying that he's "dizzy" while he was just lying down panting on the canvas like a bitch. Absolutely pathetic and disgraceful and terrible decision of the UFC.

How is that even a downed strike? He was clearly standing up. Fucking stupid.
Very dumb opinion. It was 100% an illegal knee and 100% Yan's fault. The ref shouted "grounded" loud and clear before.

Who can blame Sterling for stopping there? The guy is getting his ass whooped, he gets the chance of taking a DQ win by a miraculous foul. Sure he is no legit champ but:
1) He gets a nice win bonus $$$
2) He is guarantee another title fight next $$$
3) He can use the experience to prepare better for the rematch

If he had stayed to get inevitably destroyed, it would have been criminally stupid. He did his job: get the win, get the belt, get the money.

The ref should have called the fight on the spot so that aljo didn't feel that he had to roll on the floor and pretend to cry. That knee was outrageous.

Yan can now go and fight TJ and we can have the sandhagen rematch for the title

I don't care about a minor technicality. That man is standing up. Why the fuck is throwing a knee on a man that's literally standing up illegal?
The guy kneeling on the ground is Sterling, not the guy in the black shirt and pants. Don't sweat it, fighters also confuse the ref for a fighter too. Though for them it is often due to head trauma, I really hope you didn't hit your head

Money on the line you can't blame him. It's not just about legacy and all that BS. He guaranteed himself another 50-100k for his next fight because he's a champion.

It was a viscous knee too and I'm sure it did hurt Aljo. Fighters are trained to hide being hurt, when they have to turn that off it looks ridiculous. I know he milked it. I also know he was hurt.

Either way Yan is incredible. I wanted to see him really tested by a younger fighter and he ragdolled the best grappler in the division. He looks unbeatable. I would love to see prime juiced to the gills TJ vs. this dude.

Same. You hold a guy down, you've got his head perfectly placed to get hit with a knee but you can't do it. This rule is f.g ridiculous..

TS and anyone sharing his opinion: delusional.

Think I saw sterling give up his back 3x in the 5th while STANDING, that’s how much turning his back and running away was going on. He didn’t want to be in that cage with Yan anymore.

then sterling takes the fetal position in the center of the cage in the ultimate bitch stall move and starts playing the stupid game of “I’m down, I’m getting up, just kidding I’m staying down so you can knee me” game to hide and try and draw a foul. This is in a championship fight lol.

He was going to lose that fight, But blaming Sterling for taking a huge knee to the face while downed and not being able to continue is idiotic..Yan was stupid and he got himself DQ'd...Even the reaction of Sterling after saying" I didn't want to win this way" and wanting to run it back is classy.

Not sure Sterling deserves any hate here.

Taking the L like a man would've been better than the shit he's gonna get for this.
Nah, Yan deserved to lose his belt for that. To see that type of shit from a UFC champion is totally unacceptable. Yan's legit psycho.

Back