Khabib or Islam. Who is Better?

Reign009

Not sure if serious.
Reaction score
I expect a lot of half assed answers because if you're a fan of one fighter, you're probably a fan of both.

I know that Islam has already lost but that's not that big of a factor to me because you can lose by taking more chances rather than playing it safe. It doesn't mean that you're technically inferior. Also Khabib has accomplished more but it was his time and he was in a position to do so.

I was really impressed by Islam. (I didn't catch the whole fight though because I was on the phone.) He seems stronger than Khabib and his grappling seemed even more fluid but I don't think that Drew is on the level of Justin and Dustin. Of course I could be wrong on this though. Khabib seems more well rounded to me at this point.

What do you guys think? Consider all factors. If these two guys fought, who wins?

As of right now, Khabib is miles ahead. Islam has 0 top ten wins while Khabib is the LW Goat. If they fought, Khabib most likely KO's him

I expect a lot of half assed answers because if you're a fan of one fighter, you're probably a fan of both.

I know that Islam has already lost but that's not that big of a factor to me because you can lose by taking more chances rather than playing it safe. It doesn't mean that you're technically inferior. Also Khabib has accomplished more but it was his time and he was in a position to do so.

I was really impressed by Islam. (I didn't catch the whole fight though because I was on the phone.) He seems stronger than Khabib and his grappling seemed even more fluid but I don't think that Drew is on the level of Justin and Dustin. Of course I could be wrong on this though. Khabib seems more well rounded to me at this point.

What do you guys think? Consider all factors. If these two guys fought, who wins?
I think khabib would win because his standup is further along. Especially defensively. Haven’t seen Islam compete at a level where his standup is important yet. Hell get there. But he’s not on the level khabib was as a complete mixed martial artist.

Wrestling? I mean, your guess is as good as mine. I felt like I was watching vintage khabib watching him handle dober like that

Not sure how to explain it, I feel like Islam CAN be better than Khabib, but at the same time, he also has a significantly higher chance of losing to inferior opponents than Khabib does.

I mean, it would be a little bit insane to make the claim that Islam is better than Khabib. Khabib dominated everyone, including the best of the best in the division, and is universally considered the best LW in the history. Islam hasn't fought any top guys yet. He certainly looks impressive but his striking technique/timing doesn't look as good as Khabib's and he doesn't appear to have the same iron chin.

Islam has the potential to go down as a great fighter, but there is absolutely no evidence to backup a claim that he is better than Khabib at this point.

It's kind of on Islam to prove he's got that much better.

He's already lost to an average fighter. Khabib didn't

Not really much debate to have.... based on proof, it's unquestionably khabib.

I'm not as confident with Islam beating Khabib's opponents, he definitely doesn't have Khabib's chin, and that's a massive factor. His grappling looks smoother, but I'm pretty sure he himself has said several times that Khabib is better. It probably cancels out. I think Islam's potential is higher, but his chin just doesn't look good. If they fought each other, I don't know if chin would play a factor, it would be more about cardio and who can dig deeper. Would have to give Khabib the edge obviously.

Khabib has multiple top 10 wins and top 5 wins with no losses. Islam has been TKOed and has no top 10 wins and I don't think he has any top 15 wins either.

Not sure how to explain it, I feel like Islam CAN be better than Khabib, but at the same time, he also has a significantly higher chance of losing to inferior opponents than Khabib does.

Nah, that makes sense.

I think Khabib is better. He has improved greatly from say the I aquinta fight to the McGregor fight and has better takedowns. Also when Islam got knocked out it was really just a knockdown that the ref stopped as soon as he hit the floor.

its not worth asking something like this right now. Islam needs more seasoning. We know Khabib's measure. A fight w Dober does not tell us that much

its not worth asking something like this right now. Islam needs more seasoning. We know Khabib's measure. A fight w Dober does not tell us that much

At some point, we'll have our answer. Nothing wrong with asking right now, it's a hypothetical question.

Skills are probably similar, but Khabib is a fucking animal

He has a great chin and his mental strength is insane. Look how he just marched down Edson and justin?

They probably have close spars,but if khabib went all out he would break Islam

Islam is apparently better skill wise according to everybody at AKA, but khabib just has the mental and ability to put it all together and take it to another level in the octagon, I don’t know if Islam will ever have that but he can still be one of the goat LWs without it. Just not as good as khabib

Islam is faster at diving in for legs, but i think Khabib got slower after when he tore his ACL.
Khabib has better cardio, chin and top control.

Back