Can Stipe vs Ngannou be MMA version of Fury vs Wilder?

JustOnce

On Hiatus
@Gold
Reaction score
Ngannou and Wilder are both monsters with historical knock out powers in their hands. (Yes Wilder is obviously a better boxer by far.)

Fury put on a boxing clinic on Wilder in the first fight, then he put a beat down on Wilder in the second.

Stipe put a MMA clinic on Ngannou, will this be similar to Fury vs Wilder in that it will be a worse domination in the second fight or will Ngannou be able to adjust?

Ngannou and Wilder are both monsters with historical knock out powers in their hands. (Yes Wilder is obviously a better boxer by far.)

Fury put on a boxing clinic on Wilder in the first fight, then he put a beat down on Wilder in the second.

Stipe put a MMA clinic on Ngannou, will this be similar to Fury vs Wilder in that it will be a worse domination in the second fight or will Ngannou be able to adjust?
Yes exactly. It’s actually a very, very good comparison. Who knows what happens in the second fight but it’s definitely fair to draw a couple parallels

I don't think Stipe will be as lucky this time to avoid the big bombs

No because Ngannou is a good inside fighter (per mma standards). Wilder is deadly with his straight right and has a decent uppercut but Fury showed he’s not up to par when fighting on the inside.

If Stipe tries to walk Francis down he’s going to get his head blasted off. He can definitely win. But not like that.

I cant wait for this rematch!! It's gonna be an interesting fight. What i am interested to see now is if Stipe can defend the early bombs from hell, can Francis defend the takedown and win the technical stand up battle as the fight goes on? Also will Francis cardio hold up?

Just like Hendricks vs GSP is the MMA version of Vitali vs Lennox

Uh no.... Ngannou's gameplan was the problem in the first fight. He gassed himself trying to end Stipe in the first round. If he comes out patient and picks his shots, he puts Stipe out with the first shot he lands. Stipe won't be able to take down a fresh Ngannou that's not completely gassed out and he won't be able to avoid getting hit for the first 2-3 rounds.

No. Ngannou is a better MMA fighter than Wilder is a boxer. Ngannou has beat the best of the best in the UFC while Wilder has literally dodged every good fighter in the heavyweight division. Joshua, Ruiz, Parker, Povetkin, White, etc.

When he went against Fury who wasn’t coming off a huge layoff, he got battered. Wilder has Ortiz as his best win. Think about that.

I can definitely see Miocic vs Ngannou 2's PPV numbers falling below the break even point and the promoter bitching about illegal streaming.

Back