Paul vs. Askren Fight Week Megathread (from Heavies please do not merge)

Who wins the boxing match on Triller on April 17?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ben can barely throw a punch, yet he can beat world class fighters just by wrestling them

Ben can barely throw a punch, yet he can beat world class fighters just by wrestling them

In a real fight, an actual street fight, Ben Askren would pulverize Pake Jaul.

He'd just take him down asap and then grind him out or finish him with a Rib crush, Can Opener or a choke.

Jesus christ guys he fought the worst striker in ufc history (besides royce) who was also 7 years out of prime.

I expected dana to react smarter than this, but it just shows age and experience can't overwhelm goof genetics.

Such a trash article. It's a puff piece promoting Jake Paul. It gives no details about White allegedly threatening legal action. They don't even address the allegedly threatened legal action until the very last paragraph. It also says Dana paid off Jake Paul for his lost bet on the Askren fight.

They even call Woodley "Tyrone Woodley".

Reactions: MMA
It’s real from several days ago. Maybe the snoop dogg betting interview.

Who would have thought ufc sensing legal letters so the you tube kid doesn’t knock them out.
I’m not saying it’s fake but even now I did a quick Google and the only sources I saw were sites with weird names I never heard of. Is there a video or something? I don’t even understand what legal action he could take

Boxing is far better than MMA

Agreed, Jake just proved it definitively.

askrenKOedb1d5b48767cda916.gif

You have to dig deeper to see what this is really about.

The UFC is fighting hard against the Ali Act and real reform coming to mixed martial arts and they don't want fans to start getting hyped over cross promotional business. Fighters aren't helping the matter by talking shit to each other over social media all the time. UFC loves to claim they make the fights the fans want but they only want to do so while also owning all the talent. They set the precedent with Conor that exceptions can be made, why should he be the only UFC talent that gets to benefit from this?

Please update it now goof.

I will be heartbroken.

<{Heymansnicker}>

People call you an idiot left and right every time you make a thread. You're constantly arguing with all these people calling you dumb. Pretty f'ing sad you are lol. Like seriously, Stipe vs Jake Paul? How stupid is that? The sad thing is, you're other threads in general are even worse. I haven't put you on ignore cause some people are so bad at posting it's funny to watch everyone else shit on them.

You have to dig deeper to see what this is really about.

The UFC is fighting hard against the Ali Act and real reform coming to mixed martial arts and they don't want fans to start getting hyped over cross promotional business. Fighters aren't helping the matter by talking shit to each other over social media all the time. UFC loves to claim they make the fights the fans want but they only want to do so while also owning all the talent. They set the precedent with Conor that exceptions can be made, why should he be the only UFC talent that gets to benefit from this?
All crossover fight have been in boxing. So it won't affect mma, but fighters are starting to see the boxing money and want a piece of it. Most were unaware of how much boxers were getting paid besides the top stars. The Triller events are opening a lot of fighters eyes to the fight purses in boxing. Especially when it's mma fighters going for their biggest pay days.

What did Gorgey magically do in 9 months
to beat Marty?
I hate to break it to you
but Journeyman Jorge has virtually no chance to beat Marty
Its just a pointless Money grab off of gasvidals fleeting fame..
So i see that a Masvidal-Usman thread got thrown into the Paul nonsense. Guess that's what happens when his name is invoked in the title

I can't understand why this is so hard to grasp for some people on this site.
I'd also like to add that it's an error to think retroactively that, because someone lost, they had no chance. So when someone says that little has changed, they think there's "still zero chance." Just means he shouldn't be favored is all.

I hate to ask but I think JP would take the fight. DC is a huge name but also over 40 with a bad back and again not really a boxer. The fight sells a lot better than JP vs Woodley. Also Woodley is under UFC contract DC is not. DC can take the fight without UFC permission. DC is mad and says he wants Dana to send someone real. Dana won't its on DC to represent and beat JP ass for the MMA community. But can he?? All his talk about this what has JP done to deserve it and I don't punch down sounds like a Duck. JP can pay Dc a fortune its called Prize fighting. Go get that money and represent. DC vs JP is the fight to make. DC actually sounds like he doesn't want that smoke for a few million???? Would JP actually beat DC?

Dude DC has like 60 pounds on him and is a true heavyweight. If he could stand and bang with stipe for 5 rounds, what do you think would happen if he faced an amateur bum like Jake Paul ? DC's striking is awkard but he has heavy hands and would put that taxi driver to sleep in under 2 minutes flat.

Back