News SCIENCE Confirms FEMALE Boxers Hit Harder Than MALE MMA Guys

She is a decorated amateur.

Wolf started training boxing in 2008 and took her first amateur fights in 2010.[14] Already in 2011, she first attended Olympic trials but her weight class was not added to Olympic boxing in 2012 Summer Olympics.[3] She then went on to win US National Boxing Championships in three consecutive years (2013–2015). In 2015, Wolf again attended Olympic trials and as her weight class wasn't added to 2016 Summer Olympics either, she resorted to mixed martial arts.[15][3]
That's not what this thread is about nor is it something I dispute.

Danyelle Wolf who won US Nationals and recently signed with the UFC after winning her debut MMA match. During her fight week she along with numerous other Male MMA players were tested at the UFC performance institute. Shockingly she punched harder than all her male colleagues including the "heavy handed" Dustin Poirier who recently KTFO Conor Mcgregor. They even gave Poirier 15 attempts to match Danyelle's score and even then he struggled to match her raw power.

Honestly I'm shocked this was the case as Poirier looked pretty heavy handed for a MMA guy. That being said everyone who thought Ngannou would punch harder than Wilder must feel stupid now. I would bet that Beterbiev hits much much harder than feather fisted Ngannou.

5:30 in the linked video

I find this interesting, but mainly to learn more about how this system measures power. Because there’s no chance that this woman does more damage with her punches than Dustin.

They don't hold much relevance because I think it requires a difference kind of force to knock out a moving target, look how many amazing KO artists in boxing and MMA history have been pretty small considering.

It's all to do with how you can get enough torque in a flash to KO the moving and defending target. So these tests are always fun but I take them with a grain of salt tbh

Boxers will always be better punchers and hit harder than MMA fighters imo
Boxers also have better chins/durability due to the extensive amateur scene and glass jaws being weeded out before they can reach the top. Someone like Petr Yan who failed as an amateur boxer at the regional level has dominated using basic boxing fundamentals that he incorporated into his MMA game.

She is a decorated amateur.

Wolf started training boxing in 2008 and took her first amateur fights in 2010.[14] Already in 2011, she first attended Olympic trials but her weight class was not added to Olympic boxing in 2012 Summer Olympics.[3] She then went on to win US National Boxing Championships in three consecutive years (2013–2015). In 2015, Wolf again attended Olympic trials and as her weight class wasn't added to 2016 Summer Olympics either, she resorted to mixed martial arts.[15][3]
What does any of that garbage have to do with her lack of KO power, lol.

She failed to KO and was getting pieced up by that can she fought on Contender Series

Let me fix the headline for you...my changes are in bold:

One controlled, possibly honest but not scientific test confirms that one female boxer punched a punching machine measurably harder than a non-representative sample of male MMA fighters that happened to be on hand.

And I'm a guy that doesn't get all weird or threatened by female fighters, enjoys WMMA, and doesn't feel the constant need to scream about out how men are usually stronger or more skilled. Female fighters would probably call me an "ally" or something.

But for it to be "science", it has to involve things like representative samples in both the testing and control groups, variables that are open, controlled, and/or corrected for, and the results have to be repeatable.

The thread title you used is like when a shitty media outlet uses a headline that screams "SCIENCE PROVES....!" any time one scientist speculates or hypothezises something in an interview. That's not how science works.

Cool first step. Now let's see if the results are repeatable, and if they're similar across a broader and more normalized sample.

Let me fix the headline for you...my changes are in bold:

One controlled, possibly honest but not scientific test confirms that one female boxer punched a punching machine measurably harder than a non-representative sample of male MMA fighters that happened to be on hand.

And I'm a guy that doesn't get all weird or threatened by female fighters, enjoys WMMA, and doesn't feel the constant need to scream about out how men are usually stronger or more skilled.

But for it to be "science", it has to involve things like representative samples in both the testing and control groups, variables that are open, controlled, and/or corrected for, and the results have to be repeatable.

The thread title you used is like when a shitty media outlet uses a headline that screams "SCIENCE PROVES....!" any time one scientist speculates or hypothezises something in an interview. That's not how science works.

Cool first step. Now let's see if the results are repeatable, and if they're similar across a broader and more normalized sample.
It doesn't need to be a broad statement then if we're going to compare one result at a given time to another. We can confidently say Danyelle punched harder than Poirier on this specific test.

Also for eferance magician Chris Angel out punched a prime Rampage on a punching machine, now ask yourself, who would you rather take a punch from?
I think if Chris Angel were to punch me I might disappear where as Rampage would probably just knock me out cold. So if I'm going to be completely honest with you I think I'd rather take a punch from Rampage.

It doesn't need to be a broad statement then if we're going to compare one result at a given time to another. We can confidently say Danyelle punched harder than Poirier on this specific test.

Sure we can....under the specific conditions for this test on this particular day.

I'm not saying it didn't happen. I'm saying the thread title you used isn't accurate, and science hasn't proven what you said it has.

Delusional.

Boxing draws talent from over 150 countries whereas Muay Thai is only competitive in one country at weights too small for most westerners.

Boxers getting EMBARRASSED by kickboxers

I think if Chris Angel were to punch me I might disappear where as Rampage would probably just knock me out cold. So if I'm going to be completely honest with you I think I'd rather take a punch from Rampage.

I dunno, Id rather have Chris Angel pull an illusion that I am missing rather than Rampage possibly kill me.

Back