• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Opinion Kamala tells illegal immigrants DO NOT COME. Is this racist?

I only asked if there was any proof that Biden encouraged illegal immigration and you replied with an opinion piece from a Washington Examiner writer. It's basically an online only tabloid.

You said it "was the opposite her boss was telling us"

So where did Joe Biden tell us the opposite?
You need me to dig up the election pandering of the Dems on immigration, and how that’s in contrast to the message being spread by Ms. Harris? You have video games to satiate your loneliness, stop wasting my time.

You need me to dig up the election pandering of the Dems on immigration, and how that’s in contrast to the message being spread by Ms. Harris? You have video games to satiate your loneliness, stop wasting my time.

I just asked a simple question, I feel like it would be pretty easy to find a quote from the sitting President encouraging illegal immigration.

I didn't ask about Dems pandering, I asked about Joe Biden, who you claimed was giving " the complete opposite message".

Where did Joe Biden call for more or any illegal immigration at all?

He was the managing editor at the Daily Caller, too. Total hack. How did his name come up?

@Natural Order provided an opinion piece from him that got posted on nbcnews online website as some sort of proof that Joe Biden encouraged illegal immigration and it was from "my rag" when it was actually just a writer from a conservative tabloid.

Open borders are not good.
I have made this analogy on here before.
If you have a buddy that is down on his luck and asks to crash at your place until he gets his shit together, you are like sure I can help you out.
IF the same guy says I also need to bring my wife, 4 kids, in laws, 6 cousins, and couple aunts and uncles, you would be like hell no, I cant support all that.
Another point I have always made, if you want illegals to go away, fine the absolute shit out of the people who hire them. My Uncle was a higher up at a chicken plant in Delaware. They would get the head ups when Immigration was coming and he would laugh because he said that day, the plant is like a ghost town. The problem is what nobody seems to care about is Corporations make it rain in D.C, so you will never have any policy that penalizes the people who hire the illegals. Hell we are bailing out Bezos who may as well be a modern day Lannister, dude shits gold.

Numerous times I had to argue the point, on this very forum, against liberal and left-wing posters that illegal immigration is not good. The same arguments were being repeated, that illegals were a boon to American society, that they did not drive down wages, that there were zero problems resulting to criminality within those ranks, etc. making it seem like there was absolutely no problem with it. You don't just erase that from memory now that there's a shift back to "normalcy" due to Joe Biden.

Immigration generally is a huge boon to American society, and illegal immigration has helped us. The evidence is extremely clear that they do not drive down wages or increase criminality (they commit crimes at a lower rate than the native population). Nevertheless, we still want control over our borders. Something I think a lot of people don't get is that one can hold a general position without repeating falsehoods to advance it.

@Natural Order provided an opinion piece from him that got posted on nbcnews online website as some sort of proof that Joe Biden encouraged illegal immigration and it was from "my rag" when it was actually just a writer from a conservative tabloid.

Good lord. Don't feed the trolls.

Immigration generally is a huge boon to American society, and illegal immigration has helped us. The evidence is extremely clear that they do not drive down wages or increase criminality (they commit crimes at a lower rate than the native population). Nevertheless, we still want control over our borders. Something I think a lot of people don't get is that one can hold a general position without repeating falsehoods to advance it.

There we go.

https://apnews.com/article/joe-bide...barack-obama-5274d5912b062989cc4f2856f3741cd6
I just asked a simple question, I feel like it would be pretty easy to find a quote from the sitting President encouraging illegal immigration.

I didn't ask about Dems pandering, I asked about Joe Biden, who you claimed was giving " the complete opposite message".

Where did Joe Biden call for more or any illegal immigration at all?
Speed processing of 11 million of them is a decent place to start...

https://apnews.com/article/joe-bide...barack-obama-5274d5912b062989cc4f2856f3741cd6

Or are you truly campaigning on the need to see Biden literally say “we welcome illegal immigrants”?

There we go.

OK, but do you understand? I don't believe that we should lie about the impact of illegal immigration, but I still support closed borders (but I support greatly increasing legal immigration).

I mean a path to citizenship for existing illegals, majority of them living here for decades at this point, isn't the same thing as encouraging new illegals to come here, is it?
No, for sure bud. When you tell the world your entire illegal immigration count of 11 million is going to be fast-tracked to citizenship (you can only imagine the vetting....lol) that’s not providing a message of acceptance or welcoming arms.

We’re not even going to talk about the migrant message...

No, for sure bud. When you tell the world your entire illegal immigration count of 11 million is going to be fast-tracked to citizenship (you can only imagine the vetting....lol) that’s not providing a message of acceptance or welcoming arms.

We’re not even going to talk about the migrant message...

Fast tracked.. 40 years later?

Even the Romans had a more efficient path to citizenship.

OK, but do you understand? I don't believe that we should lie about the impact of illegal immigration, but I still support closed borders (but I support greatly increasing legal immigration).

Was Obama full of shit here, in your opinion?

"To keep from having to go through this difficult process again in the future, we must also replace the flow of undocumented immigrants coming to work here with a new flow of guestworkers. Illegal immigration is bad for illegal immigrants and bad for the workers against whom they compete.

Replacing the flood of illegals with a regulated stream of legal immigrants who enter the United States after background checks and who are provided labor rights would enhance our security, raise wages, and improve working conditions for all Americans.

But I fully appreciate that we cannot create a new guestworker program without making it as close to impossible as we can for illegal workers to find employment. We do not need new guestworkers plus future undocumented immigrants. We need guestworkers instead of undocumented immigrants.

Toward that end, American employers need to take responsibility. Too often illegal immigrants are lured here with a promise of a job, only to receive unconscionably low wages. In the interest of cheap labor, unscrupulous employers look the other way when employees provide fraudulent U.S. citizenship documents. Some actually call and place orders for undocumented workers because they don't want to pay minimum wages to American workers in surrounding communities. These acts hurt both American workers and immigrants whose sole aim is to work hard and get ahead. That is why we need a simple, foolproof, and mandatory mechanism for all employers to check the legal status of new hires. Such a mechanism is in the Judiciary Committee bill.

And before any guestworker is hired, the job must be made available to Americans at a decent wage with benefits. Employers then need to show that there are no Americans to take these jobs. I am not willing to take it on faith that there are jobs that Americans will not take. There has to be a showing. If this guestworker program is to succeed, it must be properly calibrated to make certain that these are jobs that cannot be filled by Americans, or that the guestworkers provide particular skills we can't find in this country."
http://obamaspeeches.com/061-Immigration-Reform-Obama-Speech.htm

Was Bernie Sanders also full of shit?

Seems both of them cited the undermining of labor rights as one of the ill-made consequences of illegal immigration. Did they simply not have their facts straight? Should they have read more material from the Cato Institute (which no doubt is a truly objective source when it comes to the matter of debate), in order to be more properly aligned with the facts?

Not watching the video but what an extreme position it would be to tell immigrants "do not come"... No reasonable American would say that...

I learned at a very young age, honesty is most important. Honesty allows integrity because without it it's impossible to juggle the lies and eventually the holes and mistakes reveal the truth to others...

The majority of those 11 million has occurred in the last 20 years, but nice try....also imagine thinking time has anything to do with proper processing.

Majority actually came in during the Bush admin and previous to that, so if you meant the majority came in 20 years ago, sure.

Back