Ken Shamrock is somehow CTE-proof

No disrespect intended but Ken probably saved his brain by taking a lot of dives post-WWF. He also was a bit nutty to start with due to his rough upbringing.

I always find it funny that Ken finds excuses that he lost to Dan Severn, even saying he didn’t know how to strike without closed fists, when he fought most of his career in Pancrase. Ken has always been full of shit.
He kinda did the same thing at UFC 1. He creamed Smith and was like "he doesn't know grappling or mixed combat it was easy" then when he tapped against Gracie he was like "uhhh I don't really know this stuff" (it's like bullshit, you have more mixed fighting experience then all these people your full of shit)

Well Ken was always way more into taking care of himself much more than Don and especially now. Don has no more fucks to give

Most people only remember his late career, but 75% of his career he never got hit much, most of his fights when to the ground and some of the orgs there was no closed fists allowed. Its only his late fights after he was 38 that he was getting hit flush more

Anyone else having trouble understanding what Severn says? I mean not just now, but even back in the days he was hard to understand. Ken on the other hand amazes me with his clear speech.

He was never knocked out cold or anything, he would always quit before he got knocked out or took any real damage. It’s not like he was ever knocked out like Reem, Chuck and Wand lol plus he doesn’t really have many fights.

Anyone else having trouble understanding what Severn says? I mean not just now, but even back in the days he was hard to understand. Ken on the other hand amazes me with his clear speech.
Do you mean Don Frye? Dan speaks as well or better than Ken. Don however has had a stroke and can barely keep a train of thought.

his brain was mush to begin with....what are you gonna do break it down into more mush

He kinda did the same thing at UFC 1. He creamed Smith and was like "he doesn't know grappling or mixed combat it was easy" then when he tapped against Gracie he was like "uhhh I don't really know this stuff" (it's like bullshit, you have more mixed fighting experience then all these people your full of shit)
I think he Said he was too preoccupied trying to get one of Royces legs for a lock that he didn’t realize he was getting set up for a choke and got "caught": The excuses only came years later and he blamed the UFC for taking away his wrestling shoes.

Ken never took the shots Don Frye took, can’t remember him taking massive head trauma in any fight really.
6udpn.gif

Do you mean Don Frye? Dan speaks as well or better than Ken. Don however has had a stroke and can barely keep a train of thought.
Don sounds punch drunk, but still understandable.

LOL. He actually leans his head forward as the chair shot was coming at him making it even more impactful/damaging for no reason. Shouldn't he have stayed still and pulled his head back a little as the chair shot comes since... it's professional wrestling?

LOL. He actually leans his head forward as the chair shot was coming at him making it even more impactful/damaging for no reason. Shouldn't he have stayed still and pulled his head back a little as the chair shot comes since... it's professional wrestling?

I think it's so he didn't get blasted directly in the face. Just the top of the head.

I hate to say it but Don Frye and Dan Severn sound a bit punchy here, but Shamrock still talks like he did 30 years ago.

Not bad for a guy who is 57, fought way too long, almost 50 pro fights, 11 KO/TKO losses. Also did a lot of pro wrestling in the attitude era where he's taking chair shots to the head and big bumps.

This should give hope to a guy like Overeem

Maybe he had a low baseline to begin with?

That's because Kens had it since the early 2000s. Never seen TUF 3?

To be fair to Shamrock, that's one of the obvious upsides to throwing so many fights.

Back