Why people criticize Ngannou

3rdAccount

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I am still baffled that some people on this site don’t understand why Ngannou is being criticized. Let me clear this once and for all.

If you are someone who had been following MMA media since last year, you would know that Ngannou was doing media tours before and after Stipe’s third fight with DC, expressing his frustration that Stipe was holding up the division. He was doing it when he knew for certain that he would be fighting for the title next. My guess is he wanted to get Stipe to fight as early as he could so that the damages sustained would still be in effect. Anyways, skip to this year, Ngannou wins the belt quite spectacularly and the narrative around the media is that we now have a champion who will defend his belt against anyone at anytime. Why? Because Ngannou was criticizing Stipe who was defending his title as frequently as any other former champions before him. Ngannou placed himself to be judged at another standard. This is why people are calling him out. Also, I would wait until some more details come out. Ngannou and his team are quite media-savy. I would not be surprised if they are quibbling. Making an interim title fight implies, Ngannou did just enough to put UFC executives under the impression that he’s refusing to fight.

He won the belt just three months ago. He wants to fight in sept, that's 6 months. What's the big deal? the dumbasses who criticized him can't do a simple math? it's not Ngannou's fault that half of sherdoggers only have a HS degree. Why not criticize Dana who's definitely the one to blame for making an interim out of nowhere?

He won the belt just three months ago. He wants to fight in sept, that's 6 months. What's the big deal? the dumbasses who criticized him can't do a simple math? it's not Ngannou's fault that half of sherdoggers only have a HS degree. Why not criticize Dana who's definitely the one to blame for making an interim out of nowhere?
With all due respect, if you actually had any respect for me and read what I wrote, I answered exactly that question and that question only. Stop wasting my fucking time with your ignorance.

There has to be something else to this story. Champs take off 5-6 months all the time and don’t get stripped. This is just an unfortunate situation.

With all due respect, if you actually had any respect for me and read what I wrote, I answered exactly that question and that question only. Stop wasting my fucking time with your ignorance.

That's a good way to get people to respect you bro.

"Also, I would wait until some more details come out". I agree TS.

You're the one being ignorant and if you cannot see that in you, maybe you're not as smart as you think you are? pretty normal phenomenon these days actually.

This is sherdog. Respect is earned. By shoopers and guys that are lightning fast with the gifs.

<JonesLaugh>

Last edited:
No that’s me telling that guy to fuck off.

Username checks out. Why so aggresive about it? The news broke like 12 hours ago.

My guess is, maybe he's heard a rumbling that Jones may come back sooner than we think and hence why he'd rather that fight than a Lewis one so is happy to sit out, i'm sure it'll come out within the next few weeks anyway.

So Francis wants to fight this September, but they’re going to make an interim title the month before? So who is Francis fighting the September and why isn’t the fight announced yet?

Username checks out. Why so aggresive about it? The news broke like 12 hours ago.

My guess is, maybe he's heard a rumbling that Jones may come back sooner than we think and hence why he'd rather that fight than a Lewis one so is happy to sit out, i'm sure it'll come out within the next few weeks anyway.
Okay. I got aggressive because I make a thread suggesting that it’s not that people have a problem with Ngannou fighting every six months but rather because he put himself on another standard by criticizing Stipe’s activity. Then this guy shows up and says, “But he just won it three months ago and wants to fight in September which is six months.” Btw, I’m paraphrasing that but do you get why I got frustrated

I am still baffled that some people on this site don’t understand why Ngannou is being criticized. Let me clear this once and for all.

If you are someone who had been following MMA media since last year, you would know that Ngannou was doing media tours before and after Stipe’s third fight with DC, expressing his frustration that Stipe was holding up the division. He was doing it when he knew for certain that he would be fighting for the title next. My guess is he wanted to get Stipe to fight as early as he could so that the damages sustained would still be in effect. Anyways, skip to this year, Ngannou wins the belt quite spectacularly and the narrative around the media is that we now have a champion who will defend his belt against anyone at anytime. Why? Because Ngannou was criticizing Stipe who was defending his title as frequently as any other former champions before him. Ngannou placed himself to be judged at another standard. This is why people are calling him out. Also, I would wait until some more details come out. Ngannou and his team are quite media-savy. I would not be surprised if they are quibbling. Making an interim title fight implies, Ngannou did just enough to put UFC executives under the impression that he’s refusing to fight.
Can you point to any precedent previously where the champ who won the belt 3 months prior had an interim titleshot put in place other than people vacating the title?

Can you point to any precedent previously where the champ who won the belt 3 months prior had an interim titleshot put in place other than people vacating the title?
Nope and I bet you it doesn't have a precedent because there is also no precedent where the newly-crowned champ demanded to fight an opponent who made it clear he is not willing to fight for another year and not for any less than 15 million.

Last edited:
This is sherdog. Respect is earned. By shoopers and guys that are lighting fast with the gifs.

<JonesLaugh>
Sure but I assumed there is an underlying respect to actually reading the post you are replying to.

Last edited:
Half of Sherdog has a high school diploma? I think you're given them too much credit.

There are definitley more details that we are missing,but UFC flexing on Francis like this,it just looks bad on their end.
Yeah but this thread is not even really about that. I’m clarifying why some people are criticizing Ngannou even though all the past champions defended their belt every six months.

That's still in line with my post you dum-dum. Ngannou criticized Stipe and wanting to fight six months after winning the belt is worth criticizing him for? no wonder this is your third account. Not very bright aren't you?
I guess not since I don’t have a yellow card to show for it.

You're the one being ignorant and if you cannot see that in you, maybe you're not as smart as you think you are? pretty normal phenomenon these days actually.
No. I think replying to a post without even reading it is the classic example of being ignorant. Did you expect me to tell you I agreed with you?

Back