Jon Jones is the greatest combat athlete in history

Rashad was good yes but def was not a killer.

Gus is a bum in tbe same shallow division Rashad was in.

Vera is laughable !!

and my god Machida wasnt that " great either".

Hmm.

Considered retiring your opinions?

Hmm.

Considered retiring your opinions?

they had great highlights and good fights but nothing spectacular

noticed i left shogun out for example. Not necessarily against Jones but he was a killer IMO

Same for Cormier. Although he couldn't get past Jones and lost to stipe dude was an animal and had that extra factor.

No doubt in my mind Jone Jones could have been the GOAT.

But he never will be.

they had great highlights and good fights but nothing spectacular

noticed i left shogun out for example. Not necessarily against Jones but he was a killer IMO

Same for Cormier. Although he couldn't get past Jones and lost to stipe dude was an animal and had that extra factor.

Gus has never been a bum, that's ridiculous, while Evans was an elite 205er.

Khabib has less wins but was in a stronger division with more consistent dominance so, there's a coversation to be between those two.
Jon competed when the 205 was the best division. He fought consistently better opponents. Jon got to the point they were just tossing guys title fights (I'm looking directly at you Smith and Santos) because Jon beat everyone else.

I don’t see this talked about enough on here

Jon Jones is the undisputed greatest fighter pound for pound of all time

he is 28-0 against killers, over a decade of dominance

Hamill, Bonnar, Bader, Shogun, Machida, Rampage, Rashad, Glover, OSP, Cormier x2, Gus x2, Thiago Santos, Reyes, Vítor Belfort, Chael Sonnen, Matyushenko, Anthony Smith, Brandon Vera

That is a crazy fucking list I don’t care if you walk into the cage with a needle in your ass
Well needles helped him for sure. He needed the roids. Just check his progress after usada. without the juice he loses quite a few fights and therefore disqualified from all goat conversation. He's a fraud who cheated his way to the top. How shertards have him on a pedastal is beyond me.

Maybe you joined the Sherdog forum when you first discovered MMA :(

Nothing intelligent to add white belt ?

Maybe you need to research Art Jimmerson debut and retirement. That's how long ive been around

If you remember Art Jimmerson but you don't remember Rashad as a dominant LHW, you must have enjoyed a few very fun years!

He doesn’t come across as a genuinely good guy but Conor makes him look like a saint

the whole “ everyone was on peds “ argument has some serious holes in it. Was it proven Cormier used them? There has to be some guys who didn’t touch them. That really brings the question of cheating and legitimatcy into play

When it’s all said and done…Jones will go down as the best to ever do it for our generation.

I actually agree. People hate in Jones because he's an arrogant psychopath cheater, but his accomplishments are unparalleled. Plus everyone else is also on steroids. I think Lance Armstrong is a good comparison for him. Everyone doped in Tour de France but still Armstrong won 7 titles. People hate him because he's a giant asshole that destroyed others' careers in addition to the cheating
7IoQWx.gif

Everyone is on steroids.
But only multi-multi-millionaires like Jones get caught repeatedly, and hide under cages.
The rest of the roster, mostly guys getting 40k/40k, guys that can’t afford the best gear and cycling, mostly manage to test clean.

No.

No.

No.

no, if we're just looking at records there are a ton of boxers and wrestlers that would be above Jones, and I'd imagine it's the same with MT. "Combat athlete" is too broad and creates a non-comparable standard.

It depends on how you look at it, I feel (PEDs aside) Jones is further ahead of the second greatest than any other athlete in their individual combat sport, so I don't disagree at all with this thread.

Lol, again I’m not giving him a pass. I’m just saying he’s a naturally amazing fighter and it doesn’t prove he’s not just because he got busted for roids. Im pretty sure he would have still beaten most of his competition without roids because he is a physically and naturally gifted fighter. Also the fact that I would bet most fighters are on something and he still looked dominant over them. I’m not sure why we’re arguing about this hahaha

It’s like we’re having conversations with different people or something. What you’re saying and what I’m saying can exist at the same time. They don’t contradict each other.
A lot of what you say is true, but having trained around people who used PEDS, I'm not sure you realize just how beneficial they are. You're right, I'm having an arguement with the people who say "PEDs don't teach you technic".

Rashad was good yes but def was not a killer.

Gus is a bum in tbe same shallow division Rashad was in.

Vera is laughable !!

and my god Machida wasnt that " great either".
Okay, I see you started watching MMA very recently. You dont know about the sport. Do the knowledge.

Back