Media Cody Garbrandt calls out...TJ Dillashaw??

It’s all relative. He could have been legendary. But then just started losing fights based on over emotionality. He has very little fans compared to what he could have. He was Dana’s next Conor. Had the same custom suit guy, got flown private, etc etc. of course he’s successful. But he had the skills and ability to be something special and he can’t be described as anything more than average at 135. And that response wasn’t Over emotional. It’s in line with every triggered whiny thing Cody has always said.
True he could've been more successful if he didn't start losing, but he's still successful overall. Even without the fighting he can probably make due with just his dog breeding and promo from the brand he built with UFC. He can still work his way back to the title FLW or BW. If he ends up fighting TJ and gets a win that will move him closer to BW title shot so either way it's a good move if it happens. Plus there's beef and history with that fight so people will still be interested. But for sure his response after the fight was an emotional response lol.

I don't know if there's any other person in mma who understands less how anything works than poor Cody. Poor guy. Not really his fault, just born dumb

cody was moments away from finishing tj in both fights wtf are u running your mouth for?
And now he's years away from ever fighting TJ if he can just stop getting KOed lol.

Only success Cody has ever had against TJ is with his Twitter fingers and in his own head. That guy needs to focus on his cut to 125.
Cody dropped him and had TJ on deer legs at the end of the round in their first bout. With more time left, who knows. Aside from that though, ya TJ has his number.

Means literally nothing in the fight game. A second is an eternity -every fighter is "seconds away" from a hook or head kick they "almost didnt block" which woulda dropped em. Only final results matter
OK your right Cody had 0 success vs tj lmao

Alright fine, you can have it. Cody's biggest success after winning the belt is 'almost' finishing the guy who did actually finish him (not almost) twice. Are you happy now?
I'm ecstatic. My point was Cody vs tj 1 was a real good fight. Cody lost but did real good. @Substance Abuse said Cody only success was on Twitter which is a ridiculous thing to say. I bet on on tj last night it's all good lol

Cody dropped him and had TJ on deer legs at the end of the round in their first bout. With more time left, who knows. Aside from that though, ya TJ has his number.

And he lost. You guys keep chirping this same thing. I know, he was winning until he lost. Check the second fight to see Cody throw the same combo three straight times that TJ baits him into and cracks him every single time he throws it. He lost both times. You guys know this right?

I'm ecstatic. My point was Cody vs tj 1 was a real good fight. Cody lost but did real good. @Substance Abuse said Cody only success was on Twitter which is a ridiculous thing to say. I bet on on tj last night it's all good lol

Against TJ that's been about it. Keep on topic, buddy. A loss is a loss. I'm glad he knocked TJ down at the end of the first of their first fight on his way to a KO loss.

Alright fine, you can have it. Cody's biggest success after winning the belt is 'almost' finishing the guy who did actually finish him (not almost) twice. Are you happy now?

Pretty much this, lol.

I can actually disagree with this when it comes to Cody. I was at the MGM for the UFC 189 pre fight Q & A and in the line up before we got in Cody was walking by and got called out by a fan in a wheel chair who knew who he was. He was on the card but he only had 1 UFC fight at that point. He spent a lot of time with that fan and it was not seeming to be for show and attention.

I have seen a lot of fighters that most people don't recognise going thru the MGM so its not uncommon. Seen Cowboy Oliverira, Bruce Buffer, Kongo, Mighty Mouse, Hendricks, Castillo and more. Cody seemed very genuinely nice.

Hard to judge genuine character from a meet and greet.

What are they like when they arent on the clock sucking up to fans?

I could see both TJ and Cody being douchebags in real life. In the gym, at a bar, etc.

MMA is a selfish man's sport, has to be to reach the top.

What’s the point in a rubber match when Cody got knocked out early both times. Tjs got bigger fish to fry

Just when I was finally rooting for this clown he had to ruin it all, every times TJ gets mentioned he goes full bitter and retard, like an ex that can't get over after being dumped.

I'm completely with you on that. I think Cody did really well but for him to ask for another ass whooping is just asinine.

Both fights were fun, Garbrandt had moments in both, honestly sounds like peeps don’t want It just in case he scores a ko 3rd time of asking.

Back