News Ngannou speaks out against incompetent judges

How would open scoring help a robbery like Barber x Maverick? I like open scoring, but it doesn't help to solve the issue.

With robbery's, the athletic commision simply has to overule the scores and suspend judges.
They will never do that because it implies they have made a mistake.

Also where "Eyes" are involved and perception of "Interaction" is weighed this will always be an issue.

bored of this guy talking like some kind of weird spokesman for mma. same shit as his tweet before about jake paul & fighter pay "what are we doing wrong?". tweets sound like they are written by a robot. or more likely his manager

This causes too much recency bias. Expecting judges to remember the details of a 15 or 25 min fight is asking for disaster.

Honestly that's just sad IMO. Should be taking notes then if your attention span is that bad.

Last edited:
Finish only MMA! Go for 5 x 5 rounds and if it's not over after that, it goes to a shootout where fighters trade free shots until someone goes out.

<{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}>

I've been saying this for a while. It's not a solution but it would reduce the chance of a bad decision.
Id have 6 judges, 3 watching monitors and 3 cage side, if somehow it ends up a draw the reff calls the winner based on the overall fight not by rnd scoring.

Fire all the current judges and start over.

Eliminate politics from the hiring of new judges.

Eliminate the 10 point must system-this isn't anything like boxing.

...of course none of this will happen, because the UFC is happy with the way things are now.

First off, rewatch these fights. The maverick and Barber fight was far from the worst decision ive seen. Round one granted was for sure maverick. After that its anybodys guess who won that fight. I saw it going either way. For the Dillashaw/Sandhaggen fight, the judges scored it how I saw it. Granted TJ got lit up and cut that second round. Other than that he did more. Sure he didnt show as much damage but without that cut, TJ would have been in the same boat. TJ pressed the action 95% of the fight and had Sandhagen in more comprisable positions. I dont think these decisions were clear cut robberies, ive seen much worse from the judges.

Accountability, when these shitty judges score a fight wrong it should be sent to court or some other legal system to be fined, suspended and their result overtuned

So in a fight what comes priority? Damage or cage/ring control?

Because by answering that question, an answer to who really won the fight between TJ and Sandhagen also comes forth into the spotlight.
I disagree if you're using the TJ v Corey fight as an example.

TJ won rds 1 & 3 in most ppl's view.
Corey won rd 2 in everyone's view.

So that means TJ only has to win one more round. Rds 4 and 5 were close, wasn't very much damage, if any. I thought TJ won rd 4 with leg kicks and control.

2 judges gave 4 and 5 to Corey but that wasn't enough.

First off, rewatch these fights. The maverick and Barber fight was far from the worst decision ive seen. Round one granted was for sure maverick. After that its anybodys guess who won that fight. I saw it going either way.
No. The second round can not be reasonably scored for Barber. It was a robbery, and I don't throw that word around.

The main event was debatable. I scored it 48-47 Sandhagen(2,4,5), but the third and fourth were so close that it's no robbery.

Miranda Maverick won two of three rounds, and the judges got it wrong.

So in a fight what comes priority? Damage or cage/ring control?

Because by answering that question, an answer to who really won the fight between TJ and Sandhagen also comes forth into the spotlight.
There is no ring control if a fighter is backing up on purpose and hitting the other fighter while doing so. If you’re controlling on a cage there needs to be a dominance shown where the guy can’t just reverse. If you take someone down that’s not doing anything to stop a takedown and you do 0 damage and the fighter gets up then your takedown is meaningless. TJ controlled nothing.

Open scoring.

Also put up a finish bonus that decreases with each round.

I don't think finish bonuses that decrease with each round make a ton of sense. why risk a finish in round 5 for significantly less reward? I don't see the benefit of that change

Nah more shitty cooks in the kitchen = crash, we just need more COMPETENCY. Some calls are so fucking obvious to us, and they still get it wrong and it's their fucking job.

Maybe both. I don't think it would hurt except maybe injecting a bunch of new judges...which could be good or bad

Back