News Ronda defending Simone Biles for stepping away from Olympics with mental health issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
You did not merely say it's a bad look LOL, you said "Maybe this is the cause of all these athletes spending the last few years concerned with being so woke and right that they forgot the work it takes to be champions.".
So tell me, how do you know what it takes to be a champion and will you go tell her? I'm sure she wants Guy LeDouche from sherdog's opinion. I'll let her know to stop having mental health issues, its just wokeness!
Oh buddy that’s exactly what I said, now your trying to argue semantics. chill out man. Stop embarrassing yourself and picking fights with people who are laughing at you.

Everyone hyped up Simone because she is four time Olympic gold medalist. That’s it. Go to bed.
Then why are you all excusing her quitting by saying, she was past her prime? What are you on about? Just stop, she quit, shes a quitter, nothing you will ever say will change that.

Oh buddy that’s exactly what I said, now your trying to argue semantics. chill out man. Stop embarrassing yourself and picking fights with people who are laughing at you.

You can laugh at whatever you want, You're squirming and trying hard to backpedal what you actually said because of how embarrassing it was--even now you're trying to deflect with some kind of "haha im just here to laugh at you bro haha"

I agree with ronda, all these fat ass middle aged dudes who would have a heart attack walking up a flight of stars taking shots at a 4x Olympic gold medalist doesn’t sit right with me.
Also, shit like anxiety and panic disorders are physical reactions. Time to stop treating them as anything less than physical injuries.

I know you disagree, but I hink it’s great that the Internet has become so user friendly that even someone as stupid as you can use it. With that said, nothing about what Biles has done is soft or was handed to her on a silver platter. If you can’t appreciate how challenging it is to do something other than roll your fat balding ass out of bed and pick up a shovel every day then that’s not her being soft, it’s you being sheltered.
Accomplishing things like multiple gold medals, achieving advanced degrees, running marathons or making scientific breakthroughs isn't easy. You just think it is because you’ve never put in the work to do something special. All people like you see is someone crossing a finish line or failing to do so. You think since you can bag groceries effectively that you could put your mind to anything and do it, but that’s only because you know good and well you’ll never actually have to put your mind to anything.
Bro its gymnastics. It is not that serious.

Lol I didn't realize we had so many guys on here so rabid about gymnastics. <45>

Let's say we had a UFC PPV and a fighter decides to not make the walk right before he fights for a title. (I know its happened but not in this high profile of a situation) I would say he is a tough guy, a great athlete, a good fighter but not making the walk is soft and weak. Guess what? At least half the people on here would agree. We have certain expectations of these athletes. I would choose to be a fan of the guys who show up.

I am just holding Biles by the same standard. She had this great opportunity she chose to pass up. I dont really care though because its gymnastics.

Then why are you all excusing her quitting by saying, she was past her prime? What are you on about? Just stop, she quit, shes a quitter, nothing you will ever say will change that.
Your obsession with Simone and her “quitting” is quite bewildering, have you considered therapy?

Dude it’s just sports. Pressure is waking up not knowing where your next meal is gonna come from. Pressure is having kids and not knowing how to feed them. Pressure is it’s the 30th and rent is due tmrw and you don’t have the money. Chicks making millions of dollars to play sports is not pressure. In sports you win or lose. Ppl are afraid to fail and lose because they’ve been coddled their whole life. Go out there and you lose so fucking what? You gave it your all and that’s all you can ask of yourself. You can’t win every time but the way you react when you lose is when your true character is shown.
Basically this. She is avoiding having to deal with losing after doing badly in one event by having a convient excuse and because off the social issues going on in the media, she is beyond ridicule supposedly.

Your obsession with Simone and her “quitting” is quite bewildering, have you considered therapy?
Not really, I just said she quit and shouldn't be this shining star of strength, then three simps jumped on me. You keep coming back and I'll keep reminding you that she quit. Why does it bother you so much?

things weren't going her way...she didn't want to lose so she bailed...simple as that.

Bro its gymnastics. It is not that serious.

Lol I didn't realize we had so many guys on here so rabid about gymnastics. <45>

Let's say we had a UFC PPV and a fighter decides to not make the walk right before he fights for a title. (I know its happened but not in this high profile of a situation) I would say he is a tough guy, a great athlete, a good fighter but not making the walk is soft and weak. Guess what? At least half the people on here would agree. We have certain expectations of these athletes. I would choose to be a fan of the guys who show up.

I am just holding Biles by the same standard. She had this great opportunity she chose to pass up. I dont really care though because its gymnastics.

what if you knew that fighter was already a multiple time world champion and tough as nails mentally and physically, but also knew that somebody involved in their coaching was sexually abusive to multiple people involved, some of it while the people were underage? If you would still judge them for that you're just a dickhead, straight up.

There's no mental health issue.

It got tough and she quit

Just like conor does.

Not really, I just said she quit and then three simps jumped on me. You keep coming back and I'll keep reminding you that she quit. Why does it bother you so much?
Any adult who uses the word simp unironically in a social setting automatically loses the argument. Grow up.

Call it what you want......but at the end of the day I really don't consider this a mental health issue. In sports competition you are putting yourself in that situation and have for years and event after event. Simply, put she cracked under the pressure and by pulling her out they hope to get her mind straight for individuals. This has zero to do with real mental health issues.

It’s not “just sports” in many cases it’s their livelihood.
People lose in sports, she has obviously never done very badly in a competition so her ego got bruised. Anyone who has done martial arts in a semi professional manner knows how it feels to get beat up and clowned on by a better opponent. I did sambo competitively in my youth and got clowned on in a tournament by someone who is pretty well known now in MMA, but I feel it was a learning experience to push me to get better

what if you knew that fighter was already a multiple time world champion and tough as nails mentally and physically, but also knew that somebody involved in their coaching was sexually abusive to multiple people involved, some of it while the people were underage? If you would still judge them for that you're just a dickhead, straight up.

I would think he is a good fighter but not showing up is weak. If you sign up for something finish it.

We’re creating a society of weak ass victims. Before, sports were about powering past hardships to become a true champion and never giving up. Now today’s nanny culture is telling our children to be infants and quit when it gets hard because “mental health”.

Tough times create strong men. Strong men create good times, good times create weak men. It’s why the pre-boomer generation got so much shit done and worked so much harder than people of today.
You said the word hard a whole bunch for a dude that needs dick pills. I kid I kid

People lose in sports, she has obviously never done very badly in a competition so her ego got bruised. Anyone who has done martial arts in a semi professional manner knows how it feels to get beat up and clowned on by a better opponent. I did sambo competitively in my youth and got clowned on in a tournament by someone who is pretty well known now in MMA, but I feel it was a learning experience to push me to get better
I find it hilarious that you compare your amateur sambo tournament to competing in the Olympics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back