• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

What idiot does the match making for Bellator?

NoBiasJustMMA

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
So Sergei Kharitonov is fighting Cheick Kongo and Fedor Emelianenko is fighting Tim Johnson. Seems to me that Fedor vs Sergei and Kongo vs Johnson would make a lot more sense and probably bring in more viewers.

That beluga whale headed fat mongoloid Scott Cucker.

Last edited:
Used to be Chou but now we don’t know. Jude Samuel was doing it for Bellator Euro

So Sergei Kharitonov is fighting Cheick Kongo and Fedor Emelianenko is fighting Tim Johnson. Seems to me that Fedor vs Sergei and Kongo vs Johnson would make a lot more sense and probably bring in more viewers.
I don't know if Fedor will fight another Russian, especially in Moscow.

I don't know if Fedor will fight another Russian, especially in Moscow.
Could be but there are better fights to make. Overeem, JDS, and Barnett aren't signed to any MMA promotions and I don't think Overeem's kickboxing deal is exclusive.

Could be but there are better fights to make. Overeem, JDS, and Barnett aren't signed to any MMA promotions and I don't think Overeem's kickboxing deal is exclusive.
Oh I agree, but just replying to your Fedor vs Sergei mention

That would be weird if it is true, most MMA promotions don't have the president making the match ups.

It doesn't look like Coker does the match making.
It was Richard Chou until recently but I can't find who replaced him.

https://www.mmafighting.com/platfor...to-leave-bellator-mma-and-join-wimp-2-warrior

The president will certainly have input in matchmaking when it comes to main event level fights. If Coker doesn't want these matchups they don't happen.

He likely leaves stuff like which can you bring in to get smashed by a prospect to other people though.

Going to Russia to put on a show isn't cheap so Bellator went for the cheapest guy they could find. Enter Timmothy Johnson. 11k followers on IG and probably willing to fight Fedor for 50k. Bellator cutting corners where they can. Guys like Reem and JDS probably wanted 300k minimum.

The president will certainly have input in matchmaking when it comes to main event level fights. If Coker doesn't want these matchups they don't happen.

He likely leaves stuff like which can you bring in to get smashed by a prospect to other people though.
That isn't the way it works in most MMA organizations so I don't think it would be different in Bellator unless they just don't have a match maker yet since Chou left.

Going to Russia to put on a show isn't cheap so Bellator went for the cheapest guy they could find. Enter Timmothy Johnson. 11k followers on IG and probably willing to fight Fedoe for 50k. Bellator cutting corners where they can. Guys like Reem and JDS probably wanted 300k minimum.
I don't see what the point of paying Fedor to fight is then unless they are going to be in a very large arena. No one outside of Russia wants to see Fedor vs Tim Johnson so their views are going to be awful.

Most of the money normally comes from views not live gate.

I don't see what the point of paying Fedor to fight is then unless they are going to be in a very large arena. No one outside of Russia wants to see Fedor vs Tim Johnson so their views are going to be awful.

Most of the money normally comes from views not live gate.

More reason to think Bellator is a mess internally.

What's Joe Silva up to these days?

But in real talks, they need to dip into the LFA pool off talent. UFC got Mick Maynard from there

That isn't the way it works in most MMA organizations so I don't think it would be different in Bellator unless they just don't have a match maker yet since Chou left.

Dana has a say on main events and is involved in matchmaking meetings. He probably isn't listening when they discuss the fight pass prelims though.

What's Joe Silva up to these days?

But in real talks, they need to dip into the LFA pool off talent. UFC got Mick Maynard from there
Whoever does the matchmaking at LFA needs to be scooped up by Bellator.

Kongo vs Fortune
Sergei vs Mowry
Fedor vs Mitrione II
Minakov vs Vassel

Whoever does the matchmaking at LFA needs to be scooped up by Bellator.
LFA matchmakers actually do pretty well for what they are, a feeder league for UFC and Bellator.

giphy.gif

Back