• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Examples of fighters that has lost simply because they underestimated their opponent?

Yeah DC fought like he was going to get Stipe out of there any moment... Even in the fourth round where he was stopped, he disregarded everything Stipe did and just tried to walk him down.

Re listening DC's pre fight interviews for this rematch it's safe to say he was overconfident going into the fight. Then that last body punch hit him.

Was pretty frustrating to watch as a DC fan, seemed pretty clear after first couple of rounds that Stipe wasn't going anywhere...

Bisping Rockhold rematch
i don't see that

Rockhold has no defense against the left hook and Bisping clearly knew that and was going for the left hook from the start of the fight

no matter how seriously he took that fight his biggest flaw had been found and he never fixed it even in later fights

I've said this over and over again, but I've never been so pleased after a fight as when Tito finished Bader.
Bader had some hype after TUF and with a win over Lil Nog. He wanted an easy payday after his first loss (Jon Jones),
and Tito was a big name although Bader saw him as totally washed and not a threat. Hahaha.

Saku/Schembri
Rampage/Forrest - But Forrest had the right gameplan,that was literally the only way they could have won,but it played to their advantage,rampage's stubborn refusal to check kicks,and trying to force his way through whatever Forrest did.

McGregor Poirier 2

Conor would have won were it not for underestimation

The only reason McGregor can’t win is that he can’t bring himself to take seriously someone he’s knocked out so easily before
The ONLY reason? lol

Maybe its because Porier is an mma fighter,and Conor cant hang if he just gonna try and box?

I've said this over and over again, but I've never been so pleased after a fight as when Tito finished Bader.
Bader had some hype after TUF and with a win over Lil Nog. He wanted an easy payday after his first loss (Jon Jones),
and Tito was a big name although Bader saw him as totally washed and not a threat. Hahaha.
I def spilled my beer in jubilation at that one. I was like.. imagine if???

I didnt think the fight should have happened,and that Bader was trying to pick off old bones. SO it was funny when Tito got him so quickly. Ahh the highs and lows of this sport are like nothing else.

The ONLY reason? lol

Maybe its because Porier is an mma fighter,and Conor cant hang if he just gonna try and box?
Didn’t even need to do much more than box to be beating him most of the fight, just needed some motivation

Didn’t even need to do much more than box to be beating him most of the fight, just needed some motivation
Not getting your ass knocked out is usually enough motivation for me

vs oliveira, chandler went into round 2 too relaxed and sure of himself, or at least it seemed like it

Ortega vs Max.

Romero vs whittaker 1 (romero won the second time)

luke vs bisping

Interesting thought. My take on the Mcgregor/Poirier saga is that Dustin was always the better fighter. Even though Conor knocked him the fuck out the first time, it kinda feels like a fluke today. It was a weird punch that dropped Dustin, they both moved up to 155 after and Dustin did better things there.

Maybe Conor underastimated him in the second fight due to the easy result in 2014, but he learned in the third fight Dustin is actually elite.

Yeah I mean Dustin got KOed by MJ... I don't think anyone would argue over who's the better fighter out of the two of them.

Also I don't buy any of the "he wasn't taking Dustin seriously" crap. Unless he wasn't following MMA at all he would know that Dustin had evolved massively and looked great at LW.

lol @ that

Nah just knock me out bro,im bored. Im too rich to do this. I can just replace all the teeth that will fall out.
I mean, okay, you do you, I do not judge

Back