Best examples of fighters taking L's in front of their hometown crowd?

DoctorDeelon

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Last night was worst case scenario for Lewis, he was the hometown boy and Gane made him look amateurish and then made him quit in front of his home fans.

Then I remembered Alex Gustaffson had it happen twice to him in Stockholm - once getting KTFO by Rumble Johnson, and then getting RNC'd by Anthony Smith (bad luck fighting Anthony's in Sweden).

Street Jesus Jorge Masvidal knocked out Till in London and Cerrone in Colorado, in front of Grandma Cerrone.

Wanderlei got blitzed by Belfort and decisioned by Franklin in Brazil, Bethe got KTFO by Ronda in Brazil, every loss Sakuraba had was in front of a home town crowd.

What are some of the best examples of people taking horrible L's in front of a hometown crowd?

Mark Hominick is 100% the worst. I think his coach died a few months prior to the fight, so he was fighting for his honor, in front of his home crowd in Ontario. He was coming off of an amazing title fight where he pushed Jose Aldo to his limits, and a win would put him right back into contention. He got KO'd in 7 seconds by KZombie. Definitely too much weight on him to do something spectacular.

Gus crying live on Swedish TV has to take the prize

When Werdum got knocked out running forward like a fucking retard against Stipe.

This is one of the best I can't believe I forgot this LOL, and after he handed out thousands of Werdum face masks lol smh

20160514_170432.0.0.jpg

Mark Hominick is 100% the worst. I think his coach died a few months prior to the fight, so he was fighting for his honor, in front of his home crowd in Ontario. He was coming off of an amazing title fight where he pushed Jose Aldo to his limits, and a win would put him right back into contention. He got KO'd in 7 seconds by KZombie. Definitely too much weight on him to do something spectacular.

Don't forget he tried the fake glove sucker punch on KZ and then got knocked out

Justice served

Last night was worst case scenario for Lewis, he was the hometown boy and Gane made him look amateurish and then made him quit in front of his home fans.

Then I remembered Alex Gustaffson had it happen twice to him in Stockholm - once getting KTFO by Rumble Johnson, and then getting RNC'd by Anthony Smith (bad luck fighting Anthony's in Sweden).

Street Jesus Jorge Masvidal knocked out Till in London and Cerrone in Colorado, in front of Grandma Cerrone.

Wanderlei got blitzed by Belfort and decisioned by Franklin in Brazil, Bethe got KTFO by Ronda in Brazil, every loss Sakuraba had was in front of a home town crowd.

What are some of the best examples of people taking horrible L's in front of a hometown crowd?
Masvidal knocking out Till was a big one. Masvidal looked two weight classes smaller in the ring. Till had that walkout and the crowd was going insane (Sweet Caroline). Jorge flatlined him.

Weidman pushing to be on the first UFC show in NY only to lose, and then lose again on the next one.

Weidman pushing to be on the first UFC show in NY only to lose, and then lose again on the next one.

Holy shit I forgot about that, he got KTFO by Romero in New York City, TKO'd by Mousasi in Buffalo and then KTFO by Jacare in New York City. Poor Chris!

Imagine if Usman loses his belt in Lincoln in front of his crowd. He is a demi god over there.

I think Chiesa got subbed at home before n got super pissed, might have been the one with like 1 second on the clock too, but I might be totally misremembering

Gus losing to Rumble was the worst.

There was another fight that made an Arena go ultra silent…Can’t put a name to it

Good call. This was the worst. Dude was never the same after Tomkins died.

Back