How do you explain Conor dominating Holloway in three rounds

ehxsur

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
after popping his knee at the beginning of the fight (so fighting in one leg basicaly) and during his second fight in the ufc only?

The guy was special, but thats the problem, he WAS special, he could be the goat, but he wasted his legacy because of money.

Hungry/poor Conor is the goat. But the Caramel Fedor aka Gane will end up being the goat because he is way more stable mentaly unlike Conrad or Jones, by the way Gane is EVERYTHING Jones dreamed to be.

Discuss.

it was three rounder

Max was 21 at the time it's like asking 15 year old Fedor why you got dominated in a Sambo match. Conor beat him with man strength not skill.

That win aged well for Conor but it was not elite or even good win at the time.

It was actually Max who hurt his ankle in round 1, and basically fought with a bad leg for 3 rounds.

Conor blew his ACL at the end of the 2nd round and only fought with a hurt leg in the last round. And not a lot of people knew that Max is hurt already, 30 seconds into that fight and wasn't able to perform at a 100%. It would be a different story if they had a rematch a year or two later.

Here's Max's quote about the Conor fight:

"“So I was tripping out how people believe him and people are saying that he was injured for the whole fight. He was only injured for the last round. He got hurt in the last ten seconds of the last round. And then when I fought, I hurt my ankle in the first 30 seconds of the first round.

You know, that really did mess me up. I couldn’t move. I usually move out there, but if you go watch that fight, I hardly move. I stand in front of him, I move straight back, I move straight forward
" - Max (Dec 2015)

https://www.the42.ie/holloway-questions-mcgregor-injury-2514116-Dec2015/

Last edited:
Very simple. Conor was just further in his development as a Mixed Martial Artist at the time. Max was only just coming off learning striking off of UFC video games at that time. Conor already had more experience and whether he got hurt early or late in the fight, he was able to switch it up effectively by taking down a very green Max.

If he was anywhere close to goat he would have shown it, he wasn't. A good win is all it was.

Conor had twice as much MMA experience when he fought Max who just hit drinking age. (21 in USA)

Max was only a young kid in the game when he fought prime Conor. Hell Prime Conor had to resort to panic grappling a young kid in Max who broke his foot in the 1st round to get the win.

Certainly that loss to Conor made a man out of Max and his whole MMA game improved exponentially

Now that Max is a grown man he would beat Conor in a rematch.

Holloway was inexperienced.

Conor was a great Featherweight.

He is also hittable and Conor is very accurate.
Max was never finished by strike let alone knocked down.
Conor won't finish him.

Max needed only 3 rounds to finish Aldo both times.

In the end of the day they will never fight in a 3 rounder since they will always headline

Back