• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Where do you Rank Conor McGregor in the Greatest Fighters of All Time list?

Where do you rank Conor McGregor? (Who is still fighting and only 33 years old)
At Featherweight: Alexander Volkanovski, Max Holloway, and Jose Aldo have more top ten wins than McGregor.

At Lightweight: Every single champion has more top ten wins than McGregor.

Beyond that, I don't engage in P4P discussions.

I had him near top10, before Dustin 2nd and 3rd fight. He could’ve solidified a place in top10 winning Dustin now, instead he’s fallen back to the bottom of top20

Conor may be in my top 30, but he’s entirely carried by his win over Aldo, which never really told us anything we didn’t already know, he has a great left hand and you shouldn’t run into it.

I can completely understand others not having him in their top 40, sometimes I feel like top 30 is too high tbh.

money and fame aren’t factored into my list, it’s just based on skills,achievements, and strength of schedule/ quality of wins.

Conor was a 2 division champion sure, but we all know ufc politics played a huge part in that. Like for example, should Conor really be rated higher than Lyoto? or Rashad? Rampage? Cain? Woodley? RDA? Volk? Cejudo? Max? Shogun? Bj penn? Hughes? Big nog? Royce?
Dillashaw? Izzy? Whittaker? Dustin? Stipe? Usman? Werdum? Olivera if he continues his run??

thats atleast 20 guys that you could put over him right now, none of which are legitimate goat contenders at this moment.

like seriously he’s not significantly above any of these guys, if at all.

That’s not even factoring in UFC legends like Maia, Hendo, and Bisping who had lesser peaks but much more longevity and top wins.

I’m not seeing it, and if he does deserve to be ranked over those guys, what does that really mean? Because most people struggle to find space for those guys in there top 25-35? So yea……

Part of your legacy is how well you did once you were on the map and people really started game planning against your weaknesses, and since Conor was stopped by Nate Diaz in 2016, he hasn’t looked very impressive to me. Despite his title victory he’s shown to be an incredibly easy fighter to game plan for, and hasn’t shown the growth and versatility you’d expect for a true top 25 fighter.

I think 30-50 is fair, 40-50 being pretty low I think, but 30 maybe being high, if we take out the fame and just examine his career.

It’s a travesty that the UFC booked him against Siver instead of real dangerous killers like Cub Swanson at the time, who had just beaten Dustin like Conor. It’s just undeniable that there was UFC favoritism at play, and it either enhanced Conors legacy by allowing him to get a second belt and skip contenders along the way, or Conor really is a top 20 caliber guy and he was robbed of putting on showcases against guys like Frankie, Cub, Lamas, etc. I lean toward the feeling that if Conor did have to fight more contenders along the way, he would’ve been figured out much sooner.

When I rewatch his career you can see all the holes in his game from the jump, Dustin was tearing his leg up at an 80% rate even in their first fight, he was also landing at a 52% rate overall. His defense was always suspect and I don’t think he was gonna finish guys like prime Frankie or Swanson early in the fight, I just don’t buy it. I really think he would have struggled if he had a typical road to the belt, and the Chad fight was supposed to be that hard road. But we know that fight only happened because Jose got injured and it had to be made on short notice.

I don’t see a top 25-30 resume if we’re cutting the UFC marketing out.

if your new to the sport you might actually believe he’s a top 15 fighter, but the reality is, when we examine his resume as of right now, he has not separated himself from the pack enough to warrant anything above a #25, which is very high imo.

he’s just strait up NOT a better fighter than the other guys on the list, and albeit his 2 championship wins, his longevity hasn’t been very good and he never even attempted to do the hardest thing in the sport, defend a world title….yea if we keep it real, top 30 is a gigantic respect for him, he can easily be placed much lower.

In a couple years we could easily be talking about Aljo, Yan, Moreno, Gane or Ngannou, surpassing his legacy soon. The deeper you dig, the more my initial statement of top 30 looks shakier and shakier. I’m not sure I even believe top 30 anymore, I think I might join the top 40 crowd tbh.

Last edited:
Can you name the 9 fighters who you think are ahead of him any or all of them?

No interest...this comes up regularly around here and I'll let others post pages of lists that are all subjective and will never generate anything remotely close to a consensus (never mind convince you of anything).

Debating someone who I suspect has an unshakeable belief that a guy with zero title defenses and who has never granted a rematch (until Dustin), belongs in the GOAT discussion...that is an exercise in futility.

Conor is an excellent fighter who should be in any discussion of the best 145ers...and he is indeed the most famous and rich MMA fighter of all time...but he does not belong in any overall GOAT discussion though.

To be clear, I don't begrudge Conor his choice to pursue fame and money over granting rematches, cleaning out the competition, or defending titles...I think a good proportion of us would rather have his wealth than be on any subjective GOAT list...but a weaker in-cage legacy is the trade-off for that choice.

Where do you rank Conor McGregor? (Who is still fighting and only 33 years old)

-13 Seconds KO over 10 years Undefeated #1 p4p Jose Aldo
- First Double Champ
- First Fighter to Simultaneously hold two belts at the same time
- Best Championship performance ever against Alvarez for LW Belt.
- KOs in 3 different weight classes
- PPV Record (Over 2.4m buys against Khabib)
- Forbes Highest Paid Athlete in the world 2020

and the list goes on.

Connor is not on that list.

Definition needed.
"Greatest Fighters" as in fighting?

1-GSP

GSP is the GOAT, we can all fight over who is tied for 2nd.
Silva
Fedor
Mighty Mouse
Miocic
Jones
Khabib
Cormier
Cejudo
Kamaru
Royce Gracie
Dustin
Charles Oli.
Adesanya
Aldo - due to longevity, even with the loss.
16. Conor
NOTE:
ANY LIST must have Dustin ahead of Conor.
Somewhere outside top 10 right now.
This can change.
If "Greatest Fighter"
is popularity and $ - then #1 easily.
IF it's a mix of the 2?
Then around #7.

Last edited:
Somewhere in the top 50 I spose but below most of the guys who get talked about as divisional GOATS.

list based on greatness and not how good they actually were.

1. GSP
2. Jones
3. Anderson
4. Fedor
5. Aldo
6. Khabib
7. DC
8. Johnson
9. Stipe
10. Randy
11. shogun
12. Hughes
13. Chuck
14. BJ
15. Big Nog
16. Usman
17. Adesanya
18. Werdum
19. Silva
20. Frank shamrock
21. Page
22. Tito
23. Hendo
24. Cro Cop
25. Ken Shamrock
26. Conor

Conor wasted most of his career by not fighting much and he has multiple losses in his prime despite having some great accomplishments.

If I made a list of best fighters as in how good they a actually were, I think Conor does a bit better and is a top 20 on his best day.

Last edited:
him and Ronda are in the same boat. very impactful for the sport and likely to have a lasting legacy but a different one than the unblemished record fighters.
Ronda is definitely rated higher than ConRat. She had multiple defenses

How many title defense Conor got again?

He’s in the top 100 of European fighters for sure

Ronda is definitely rated higher than ConRat. She had multiple defenses
without question, the reason i lumped her in there is because despite her dominance she is always going to be accused of fighting soccer moms and the second real opposition arrived she was exposed horribly.

Back