184 lbs Lawler who was planning to cut to 170lbs, is gonna face 195lbs+ Nick Diaz, fight night

Yeah it's very suspicious, but then again it's Diaz so who knows what he was thinking. He might have thought he could make the weight because he did years ago and realized he couldn't at the last minute.

Speculating? We have a pic where he is bloated.....and a pic later that week where he is more shredded.....he cut weight to 185lbs, it's undeniable.......He is gonna be clearly bigger come fight night.

The other guy is a warrior who can't make up excuses before the fight...he doesn't even want to think about the bullshit........But even Robbie Lawler said, his team was mad about it, because they know it's complete bullshit.

It's so obvious, it's hilarious how people still deny reality lol.

Yes, he may be bigger. You still don't know the circumstances to state matter of factly that he's cheating and reference it as bullshit. You don't.

You don't know what Nick's intentions were. You are speculating. Lawler accepted the fight. I still fail to see the bigger issue at hand here if his opponent accepted the bout. You guys are all up in arms always looking to persecute guys. The other guy involved doesn't care.

Lawler said he doesn't care? Who's speculating now?

Just because he accepts the fight to get a payday and not be called a coward and not disappoint all the fans that paid money for seats and flights, doesn't mean he doesn't care that its a cheap move by Diaz that gives him an advantage

Lawler doesn't care. So why should we care? You guys clearly don't know exactly what happened. None of us do.

You're all speculating. Stop saying Nick is cheating, etc. Etc.

No one knows.
Does it really need to be said? I mean just look at the weighs in lol.

Just because it's a cloudy day, doesn't mean the sun isn't there.

Everyone in this thread seems to work behind the scenes at the UFC and in Nick's camp. They know what happened, right?

All I know is Robbie took the fight. He didn't complain. Why is everyone else complaining and knows what happened? Lol
You just said in another reply we don't really know what happened. You seem too sure on your end.

I obviously have no way of knowing this, but my suspicion is that Robbie is most likely much more annoyed by this than he is letting on
Robbie must be thankful since he is getting a bump in his payment.

He could have taken 20% of Diaz purse if he didn't agreed to change weightclass so I imagine he is making ever more than that.

Lawler agreed and doesn't care as much as you do. What's the issue?
Seriously bro?

Lawler is the B side in this fight he didn't really have a choice here. If he refused to fight at 185 he would get pulled from the card and have to wait months to get another pay day, and they would throw anyone else in there for Nick to fight.

Nick cut weight to make 185, he had no intention of ever making 170 for this fight and waited until 3 days before weigh in to let Robbie know. How can any fight fan defend this?

Lawler doesn't care. So why should we care? You guys clearly don't know exactly what happened. None of us do.

You're all speculating. Stop saying Nick is cheating, etc. Etc.

No one knows.
Robbie mentioned in the cuckamoto interview he wouldn't have cut so much weight in camp, so yeah, he definitely didn't expect this, but he also says he doesn't care.

Lawler is a fucking badass savage...Of course that should be his mentality....Doesn't mean he isn't getting screwed over.

and talks about making it "right"....Im guessing making it right means he will get paid more.....So yeah if he wants to get paid more, he clearly has some sort of problem with this bullshit of Nick having a weight/size advantage.....but since he is fighting, he is gonna focus on fighting while his manager negotiates for him.

He could have taken 20% of Diaz purse if he didn't agreed to change weightclass so I imagine he is making ever more than that.
that's probably true too. At least I hope so

While I don't doubt that Nick may have planned this, I question if Dana/UFC knew. IF Dana/UFC knew, cue the number one bullshit gif. That's some seriously shady shit worthy of a legal investigation for collusion between UFC and Diaz. Some may think that's ridiculous, but if Lawler cut no water weight, he's going to be 10-15 pounds lighter than Diaz, posing an increased risk to his health by virtue of fighting someone that's theoretically in a higher weight class.

Lawler said he doesn't care? Who's speculating now?

Just because he accepts the fight to get a payday and not be called a coward and not disappoint all the fans that paid money for seats and flights, doesn't mean he doesn't care that its a cheap move by Diaz that gives him an advantage

If he cared as much as you guys do, I highly doubt he accepts the fight. Why? You guys care a ton, apparently.

Still, my point stands, no one knows the situation. You're all ripping on Diaz without inside knowledge. Carry on.

I wouldn't be surprised if that option was discussed but there is no way Diaz even comes close to 170. 180 maybe? Would the AC even let the fight happen with a 10 lb difference? UFC probably didn't want to deal with that so they hopefully gave Robbie a pay bump, because they don't give a shit as long as the fight happens.

You just said in another reply we don't really know what happened. You seem too sure on your end.

I have not heard Lawler complain on the media. So I'm basing my opinion on that. He's had plenty of opportunities to speak on it.

Lawler is a fucking badass savage...Of course that should be his mentality....Doesn't mean he isn't getting screwed over.

and talks about making it "right"....Im guessing making it right means he will get paid more.....So yeah if he wants to get paid more, he clearly has some sort of problem with this bullshit of Nick having a weight/size advantage.....but since he is fighting, he is gonna focus on fighting while his manager negotiates for him.

And he didn't complain. Just said things were good. Carry on being up in arms over it.

that's probably true too. At least I hope so
Robbie has a lot of leverage here. He said his manager was working on the other side of things to make sure they make it right.

Diaz vs Robbie is the biggest fight on the card and the one that will draw more PPV buys so the UFC needs this one.

Diaz is probably broke and will take the fight no matter what so he would have probably agreed to WW and miss by a gazilion pounds and give a % to Lawler anyways.

If cared as much as you guys do, I highly doubt he accepts the fight. Why? You guys care a ton, apparently.

Still, my point stands, no one knows the situation. You're all ripping on Diaz without inside knowledge. Carry on.
It's not about if Lawler cares or not. No one is saying Lawler shouldn't have taken the fight, that's his perogative. The discussion is about how Nick and his camp used dirty tactics to gain an unfair advantage. Of course there's no proof for it, but sometimes common sense is enough to read between the lines. 1 + 1 = 2, that's not rocket science lol.

Seriously bro?

Lawler is the B side in this fight he didn't really have a choice here. If he refused to fight at 185 he would get pulled from the card and have to wait months to get another pay day, and they would throw anyone else in there for Nick to fight.

Nick cut weight to make 185, he had no intention of ever making 170 for this fight and waited until 3 days before weigh in to let Robbie know. How can any fight fan defend this?

Lawler had a choice to say no and take his show money. He didn't complain. No one knows what's going on with Nick. Okay.

It's not about if Lawler cares or not. No one is saying Lawler shouldn't have taken the fight, that's his perogative. The discussion is about how Nick and his camp used dirty tactics to gain an unfair advantage. Of course there's no proof for it, but sometimes common sense is enough to read between the lines. 1 + 1 = 2, that's not rocket science lol.

You don't know if it's dirty. TS doesn't. No one knows in this thread.

You don't know what Nick's intentions were. You are speculating. Lawler accepted the fight. I still fail to see the bigger issue at hand here if his opponent accepted the bout. You guys are all up in arms always looking to persecute guys. The other guy involved doesn't care.

“Nick’s a cheater. Lawler should be allowed to ‘do his thing’ to bulk to 200.”

57f5f-15646065399500-800.jpg

{<hhh]

While I don't doubt that Nick may have planned this, I question if Dana/UFC knew. IF Dana/UFC knew, cue the number one bullshit gif. That's some seriously shady shit worthy of a legal investigation for collusion between UFC and Diaz. Some may think that's ridiculous, but if Lawler cut no water weight, he's going to be 10-15 pounds lighter than Diaz, posing an increased risk to his health by virtue of fighting someone that's theoretically in a higher weight class.
The only incentive UFC has is, they see Nick as a better draw for the title than Lawler, which is understandable, so they sneakily figured out a way to get him a win, or at least significantly increase his chances of getting it. And hoping this win, maybe coupled with something else can squeeze him to a title shot.

Back