• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Your team can lift you off the ground and help you to the stool?

fortheo

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
After round three or four, Ortega looked done and just layed on the ground looking unconcious for a long time until his team scooped him up to the stool. Then, after that, he also got extra time to recover while the doctor looked at him.

Anyone find that sketchy? Is there some rule saying you need to be able to get up yourself between rounds?

Yeah súper sketchy. Fight should have been stopped. Just championship fights getting rigged to last longer. We know Herb is a retard who will gladly oblige, but his cornermen should hang themselves for trying to revive a corpse to die again.

Yeah súper sketchy. Fight should have been stopped. Just championship fights getting rigged to last longer. We know Herb is a retard who will gladly oblige, but his cornermen should hang themselves for trying to revive a corpse to die again.

I don't know the rule about this, but it just seemed sketchy.

Twice now in title fights his corner have let him get battered, they must hate the guy

After round three or four, Ortega looked done and just layed on the ground looking unconcious for a long time until his team scooped him up to the stool. Then, after that, he also got extra time to recover while the doctor looked at him.

Anyone find that sketchy? Is there some rule saying you need to be able to get up yourself between rounds?
And then you get extra recovery time.

In multiple rounds.

Should have been stopped when he didn't get up.

I don't know that there is a specific rule against it.
But I agree if he can't get to his feet after the bell its the same as not being able to stand when the ref tells you to.

The other thing that bothered me is the doc evaluations giving extra recovery time.

ye as far as i know thats a good reason to stop a fight

wasn't anders vs santos fight stopped that way? you dont get up after a round is finished= you lose

luckily for him he layed literally in his corner.

No, there's nothing in the rules that says you have to get up on your own between rounds.

He didn't look unconscious, he was just gassed. Fight obviously would have been stopped if he went out.

Pretty sure gurgel had to wake up Franklin before carrying him back to his stool in his rematch with Anderson, it's probably wrong got thwt to happen but been going on for a while

id agree with pushing him on if he was much older.

Ortega is young and this isnt boxing, mma title shots are handed out like candy. Dude has taken 2 potentially career ending beatings now going for that belt.

Back