Media Hooker ”Burn the boats”

Going to be so tiresome if Islam bores his way to victory again in this one.

Dan Hooker would be flying to Scotland and begging Paul Craig to teach him his tricks if he cared about winning.

But he is not because he is doing this fight for a paycheck.
Tell me a fighter that is not doing it for a pay check? They’re after all prize fighter. Hooker is going to get paid but to think he will just go to Abu Dhabi to get beat is very wrong.

Makhachaev and Hooker have a history on social media and he would truly not to want to get beat by Islam.

Burn boats >>> drown in deepest ocean shortly after

EeiIht_VoAA5dkk

I like hooker so im probably bias, but i think he could stick and move to a victory here. I think his cultural environment amplifies his warrior spirit, forcing him to get into dog fights when he doesn't have to. I'm not sure if he feels the need to stand and bang with Islam and with Islams reliance on upper body clinch work, I could see Dans range causing problems for Islam getting inside. Wishful thinking hopefully, but war Dan.

Tell me a fighter that is not doing it for a pay check? They’re after all prize fighter. Hooker is going to get paid but to think he will just go to Abu Dhabi to get beat is very wrong.

Makhachaev and Hooker have a history on social media and he would truly not to want to get beat by Islam.

Well, the fight is effectively a title eliminator since neither man has fought for the title and neither ever faced Khabib, so you would hope he is going in there with a game-plan that is more substantive than trying to knock Makhachev out old before he inevitably takes Hooker down.

I would never fault Hooker for taking a fight which is his job but this type of opportunity Hooker should realize is potentially the biggest of his career and may never come again and I haven't seen that type of mentality expressed in his interviews.

Islam is a great grappler, but there are fighters out there that have enough tools in their arsenal to change the dynamic of a fight with Islam.

If Paul Craig was a LW I think Islam would choose to kickbox with him over trying to take him down. The point is I don't think Islam is unbeatable for Hooker and there are things he can do even in a months time that could dramatically increase his chances of winning.

Last edited:
Dan Hooker would be flying to Scotland and begging Paul Craig to teach him his tricks if he cared about winning.

But he is not because he is doing this fight for a paycheck.

Huh ? You want the guy who just fought. And only just accepted the fight.... who ain't going home before his next. Staying in another country then flying to a different country to fight..

You want him to have had the foresight to organise a trip to Scotland? On a fight he had no plans to be in ?

or you want the guy who's got less than a month to prepare to add another 24 hours of flight time to his already tight schedule.. to get tips from Paul Craig who lost a grappling match with with a Australian horribly? That's your winning plan?

New Zealand is famous for conquering shit right?

Well... yeah actually. There's a reason it's only the Maori tribe really left in terms of indigenous peoples. Also any commonwealth country pretty much has a history of conquering shit.. it's how Europeans got to be the majority population in all these nations.

Huh ? You want the guy who just fought. And only just accepted the fight.... who ain't going home before his next. Staying in another country then flying to a different country to fight..

You want him to have had the foresight to organise a trip to Scotland? On a fight he had no plans to be in ?

or you want the guy who's got less than a month to prepare to add another 24 hours of flight time to his already tight schedule.. to get tips from Paul Craig who lost a grappling match with with a Australian horribly? That's your winning plan?

Well... yeah actually. There's a reason it's only the Maori tribe really left in terms of indigenous peoples. Also any commonwealth country pretty much has a history of conquering shit.. it's how Europeans got to be the majority population in all these nations.

I don't mean literally fly to Scotland.

And if you are referring to Jimmy. Crute he fought Paul Craig three years ago when Paul was a tenth of as good as he is now. Crute though has not gotten any better in those three years and is perhaps the sorest loser of any fighter in the UFC.

Dan Hooker should definitely call up Crute for grappling advice <45>the same guy who had Misha Cirkunov mounted and tapped 30 seconds later.

Back