Social Nikki Haley: Liberal Media ‘Can’t Stand It When A Brown Republican’ Claims America Isn’t Racist

All facts but I can't wait to hear the radical left try to defend their position on this one

Discuss
She is full of shit. She has identified as White.

Indian Nikki Haley Says She Is White

Not so inspiring? Lying about where you’re from, like South Carolina Republican Gov. Nikki Haley (R-SC), the American-born child of Indian parents, might have done. The Associated Press reports that in 2001, Haley listed her race as “white” on her voter registration form

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2011/07/indian-nikki-haley-says-she-is-white/

morgan-freeman-pointing.gif

Larry Elder is a White Supremacists. The L.A. Times told us so. Candace Owens.... she's a Nazi loving racist too! Just ask Ted Lieu.

Not wrong.

No easier way to get ostracized by your own ethnic group, racial group, political party, religion, etc. than to make these claims or even go against the grain.

At least as a pro-choice 'republican' or 'right leaning' person (see: firearm ownership advocate), I don't get ostracized.

Her President ship has sailed.
She suffers from Shillary and Harris disease. She is too much of a politician.
Funny she is a lot like Harris. Someone will make her a VP because she checks a bunch of boxes but VP is her ceiling.

I think there a strong possibility she ends up a VP on the ticket. I could see DeSantis or Trump having her. It’s almost the same reason that I think she’d end up a VP pick that I think she chances of being the nominee are lower. She’s hedging bets too much.

I think there a strong possibility she ends up a VP on the ticket. I could see DeSantis or Trump having her. It’s almost the same reason that I think she’d end up a VP pick that I think she chances of being the nominee are lower. She’s hedging bets too much.
She has always been calculating and maneuvering to become VP and President. Everything she says and does is designed to get her to the White House.

Truly rare behavior from a politician.

Some take it to another level entirely. Your argument is just to engage in whatbourism and ignore how duplicitious and self serving Haley is? In that case why even bother criticising any politician?

Gabbard didn't do this. If Gabbard was soley concerned with reaching the WH should have supported Hillary, not went and met Assad, thereby remaining in the good graces of the DNC. Gabbard may have become Biden's VP because she was DNC vice chair.

Nikki Haley said Thursday that the media “can’t stand it when a brown Republican” says that it is impossible to call America “a racist country.”

Haley, who is the former Governor of South Carolina and the former United States Ambassador to the United Nations, appeared on Fox News Thursday and responded to comments made by Brianna Keilar, who said Haley had “whitewashed the ups and downs of the American experience with racism.”

https://rumble.com/embed/vktyvr/?pub=4

Keilar made the comments after Haley’s Tuesday speech at the Reagan Library in Simi Valley, California. Haley criticized people who chose to focus on America’s defects over its strong points.

“They deny the massive progress we’ve made,” Haley said at the event. “And they punish anyone who disagrees.”

Keilar said Haley was whitewashing American history to gain popularity with conservatives. “It’s amazing to me how the liberal media can’t stand it when someone black or brown happens to talk about the fact that America is the best country in the world. The fact that we are blessed to be free and blessed to live in America. I’m going to keep saying it, we should all talk about the blessings of America,” Haley said in response to Keilar’s comments.

“You can’t say that we’re a racist country, you just can’t. And they can’t stand it when a brown Republican says that,” Haley said.

All facts but I can't wait to hear the radical left try to defend their position on this one

Discuss

Here are the facts with which any rational person, on either side of the aisle, should agree.

1. America, like all nations, contains racists.

2. America was founded on extreme, systemic racism and practiced it for close to 200 years.

3. America is no longer a systemically racist nation.

It's pretty simple.

She is full of shit. She has identified as White.

Indian Nikki Haley Says She Is White

Not so inspiring? Lying about where you’re from, like South Carolina Republican Gov. Nikki Haley (R-SC), the American-born child of Indian parents, might have done. The Associated Press reports that in 2001, Haley listed her race as “white” on her voter registration form

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2011/07/indian-nikki-haley-says-she-is-white/
I don't care for Haley but this isn't some great gotcha in my eyes, its really not uncommon for people to change what they identify as throughout their life on such forms. People who are mixed will sometimes identify as either side or as mixed and they might identify differently in different contexts at different times.

Here are the facts with which any rational person, on either side of the aisle, should agree.

1. America, like all nations, contains racists.

2. America was founded on extreme, systemic racism and practiced it for close to 200 years.

3. America is no longer a systemically racist nation.

It's pretty simple.
I mean 200 years if you count the literal founding of America, but slavery was in place before that. Numbers don't reflect that we still aren't past systemic racism being an issue. Wealth inequality and prison rates show a drastic difference, you can attribute it to culture but that culture was affected greatly by intentional racist policies of the past. Gerrymandering is still an issue that affects people of color more than anyone else.

We're no longer a country that is actively racist in policy, from an ideological standpoint, but we still have systemic racism that needs to be addressed. Though capitalism needs a lower class, it does give incentive to continue racist policies. So you'll still see racism, it's just presented from a different place now. No longer do we endorse racism, but I think you can argue we subconsciously enforce it.

Some take it to another level entirely. Your argument is just to engage in whatbourism and ignore how duplicitious and self serving Haley is? In that case why even bother criticising any politician?

Gabbard didn't do this. If Gabbard was soley concerned with reaching the WH should have supported Hillary, not went and met Assad, thereby remaining in the good graces of the DNC. Gabbard may have become Biden's VP because she was DNC vice chair.

Okay, that's one...one that gets shit on by the left for being a selfish grifter looking to position herself into a powerful GOP role, whenever she makes headlines for not being a DNC stooge. You guys really have to make up your minds on these politicians and their motivations. Y'all don't seem very consistent on the matter.

Numbers don't reflect that we still aren't past systemic racism being an issue.

There is a fundamental difference between a system that is intrinsically racist and a system that is lead and directed by individual, racist actors. The first no longer exists in the US. The second absolutely does.

For example, Joe can't put a sign on his apartment complex that says "We do not rent to non-whites." That is illegal. The US system of law and justice no longer allows this.

But Joe can show his apartments to people of all races and then choose, as the owner of the complex, to ONLY rent to whites.

Joe can also do the same in hiring if he is a business owner. This may make Joe's business a "systemically racist" enterprise but it does not make the US a systemically racist country.

I don't care for Haley but this isn't some great gotcha in my eyes, its really not uncommon for people to change what they identify as throughout their life on such forms. People who are mixed will sometimes identify as either side or as mixed and they might identify differently in different contexts at different times.

The other thing is was her race/ ethnicity even listed as an option on the form. Sure there might be a “other” box but I see a lot of times forms like that don’t really cover the spectrum of what a person might identify as.

With regard to the numbers of average people, there is defiantly much less racism than there was 50 or 60 years ago. What people call Tim Scott and others sell outs over is the denial that systemic racism in criminal justice, housing, education, etc persists regardless of how much our attitudes as a society have progressed.

Back