Fury vs Wilder III in Relation to the UFC/MMA Discussion Mega Thread

As I've said, usually not a fan of instant rematches but Fig/Brandon is not a good example.

The first fight was a draw.

This time around, it was gonna be Brandon/Alexandre but Alexandre needs surgery and Brandon wants to stay active.
They announced the third fight...

Top Boxers make WAYYYY more money and it is not even close. Everyone knows this!

Boxing promoters make around 20% of a fighters purse whereas the UFC keeps 88% of total profits and 12% is used to pay the fighters on the fight card.

UFC = GREEDY MF's

It matters not, what is being discussed is the revenue split.

We know from court discovery the UFC is paying an average of 18% to fighters the last decade. That includes every single penny attributed to fighters - every bonus, PPV share, the insurance plan, even the performance institute. They are getting pennies on the dollar.

If you have 5 events or 500, the % split between the promoter and the fighters are the only thing that matters. The UFC is keeping damn near ALL the money generated by fighters. Over 80% of it. We know from financial filings they have record profits. No way in the world that can be justified or considered fair.
It's funny because most people are appalled at the UFC revenue split, but as soon as boxing comes up people will defend fighter pay. I think it's MMA fans being very insecure about the comparison to boxing

At least matches get made at all in MMA.

Spence and Crawford have been staring at each other across the aisle for half a decade.

AJ ducked both Fury and Wilder.

You may not like the rematches in the UFC, but at least they're rematches of big fights being made.

aj didnt duck them wilder turned down fighting aj and aj vs fury was messed up cause of wilder

aj didnt duck them wilder turned down fighting aj and aj vs fury was messed up cause of wilder

It's all speculation. AJ has yet to make a big fight with anyone. The other made big fights with each other. I'll believe them at this point.

One of the biggest gripes about boxing from people like Dana White is that they don’t make the fights we all want to see... yet useless rematches and undeserved title shots are at an all time high in MMA now. There is no logical reason Jorge Masvidal should have fought Usman twice, or Jose Aldo to fight Petr Yan after losing to Moraes.
Greed is NEVER out of fashion.
And the UFC have proven time and again they value money over the sport of MMA for a long time now.

What the hell gave you a clue? Aldo??? Masvidal??? Child, please!!!

Don't you remember Ronda? Lesnar? Conor? Hell, even Sonnen (at LHW)?
How the fuck can you even try to claim the UFC is not all about profit ???

You can "say" what you want, it means nothing. Zippo. Absolutely zero. Anyone can "say" anything. Carries zero weight.

I've been watching boxing before you are smile on your daddy's face. Thank you for incorporating the use of the word "daft" into your vocabulary. (You can think of me every time you use it, going forward.)

Show me a single heavyweight champion with more consecutive wins.

Show me a single heavyweight champion with more consecutive knockouts.

Show me a single heavyweight champion, with the above two traits, and also who 6'7", 235 pounds.

Other than the ability to write "your opinion," show me the factual evidence of a better prospect in the history of the division.
All those things you said don't mean you win fights, little boy. You know shit about boxing. Nothing. Zilch. nada.

"Show me a single heavyweight champion with more consecutive wins." - I can show you multiple, you scrub. Have you heard of this former HW boxing champion named Rocky Marciano by chance mr been watching boxing for 50 years like you claim??.... lol 49-0 professional record. 43 KOs. You're welcome for the freebie. Larry Holmes, 48-0 before his first pro loss.

If you're 55 to 60 years old like you're claiming, I suggest you go watch boxers from your era because you know fuck all about them, dummy.

voGMGTr.jpg

The boxing model is completely different. You don't have fighters that are contracted to specific organizations like UFC or Bellator. There are multiple sanctioning bodies (WBA, WBC, IBF, etc...) and there are multiple promoters that put together the fights (Arum, Golden Boy, Mayweather, etc...). There a very few big cards per year and those are very top heavy with the main eventers getting the lions share of the purse. I'm not defending the UFC, just trying to say that it's different.

Fury has insane sea level Cain like Cardio or better. He has better recovery power than prime Ferg. That said he would get taken down n choked out by any serious mma hw.

Can't the mods make a subforum for all the same repetitive "boxer X made more than UFC fighter" and just put them all there?

It's the same thread with the same replies over and over...

I always thought Tyson Fury didn't like Khabib. He did pick Mcgregor to KO Khabib in the first round.

His instagram comments say otherwise. Fury has definitely been a fan of Khabib for some time now & respects the heck out of him. Called him the King or GOAT a couple days ago under Khabib's video of him facing off against Cristiano Ronaldo.

Back