So Alec Baldwin just killed a woman

What a tragedy. RIP. I’m sure Baldwin feels terrible about it.

You’d think after Brandon Lee’s death that Hollywood would have fixed this issue with prop guns by now. I know they’re rare, but more than 1 death is already too many.

TMZ is saying it was Alec who shot the gun. They’re normally on the money with such things.

Wow I wasn't expecting it to be him. For this to happen someone must have shown negligence. This is a very real risk when using a blank gun and precautions have to be taken to prevent it. Why or how did these precautions not take place? I wouldn't like to see anyone go to jail because it's an accident but this should not be possible if people are following health and safety regulations.

What a tragedy. RIP. I’m sure Baldwin feels terrible about it.

You’d think after Brandon Lee’s death that Hollywood would have fixed this issue with prop guns by now. I know they’re rare, but more than 1 death is already too many.

It's not surprising that something like this happened given all of the rushed shooting schedules since COVID started.

I went to high school with a guy who works in production, and he's been saying that accidents on set are through the roof over the past 18 months industrywide.

Baldwin is an utter piece of fucking shit.

But some interesting details:
Actor Alec Baldwin, 63, discharged a prop gun in an apparent accident Thursday on a movie set, killing one person and injuring another, according to local authorities. One of the people who was shot, cinematographer Halyna Hutchins, 42, has been pronounced dead.
The Santa Fe County Sheriff’s office said Thursday the shooting happened at the Bonanza Creek Ranch movie set during work for “Rust,” an independent project that stars Baldwin, according to Deadline. Joel Souza, 48, the writer and director of “Rust,” was also shot in the incident and has been hospitalized at Christus St. Vincent Regional Medical center.

IMDb offers the following synopsis of “Rust,” which has now been halted: “A 13 year-old boy, left to fend for himself and his younger brother following the death of their parents in 1880’s Kansas, goes on the run with his long estranged grandfather after he’s sentenced to hang for the accidental killing of a local rancher.”
^^^

So he shot two motherfuckers not on screen....so not quite Brandon Lee situation.

Also, how does he shoot two people not in the scene with 1880 weapons? I mean, that is dead eye. If he was say shooting at someone on the other side of the camera....yeah, then ok the cinematographer might make sense....well, the cameraman would make more sense as he is looking through the camera.

Now the write and DP might be near the camera....but A) is this dickhead Alec fucking aiming at them B) are these people who got shot standing there with someone aiming a gun at them???

Was it during a scene? was he fucking around?

I feel terribly for her family... but I also feel terrible for Alec, who I truly despise. Image having accidentally killed a woman. He'll never be the same.

Crazy shit. RIP and boy, imagine killing someone like this and it having to weigh on you for he rest of your life....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luciusaugustus
Back