Media POLL TIME: Who's Next For Khamzat?

Next for Khamzat is

• Total voters

Gio

Wendy Belt
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
After a dominant and impressive win against #11 ranked Li Jingliang,
who should Khamzat Chimaev fight next?

l5N1dG0.jpg

ToduMnE.jpg

u4gZhSX.jpg

Sound off!

Luque is the perfect fit. He's such a game fighter willing to go out on his shield if need be. I think it would be a great test for both men. You can't underestimate Luque he's such a phenomenal warrior that he can never be counted out.

He absolutely toyed with number 11 ranked WW. He deserves much more than a number 8 ranked fighter after that performance

As for the thread, i think he and Burns should fight for the title eliminator
No...

Beating number 11 doesn't put you in title contention.

This is what happens when the UFC lets people just jump the line like islam did...

Beating someone outside of the top 10 should mean your next fight is within the top 10 but outside of the Top 5...

Since when does beating Leech make you a title contender?

Also fun Fact...

You know who beat Leech before Khamzat did.

Neil.Magny

Id say two fights until the titleshot

First: The Neil Magny fight should be booked asap to settle him nicely in the top 10 while still riding the hype. Alternatively a guy like Chiesa.

Then: either a bs fight against Nate to bump his name value, or a legit fight like Edwards, Masvidal, Burns, Luque.

Then titleshot

Dont think that sounds to crazy or too unreasonable.

Last edited:
No...

This is what happens when the UFC lets people just jump the line like islam did...

Beating someone outside of the top 10 should mean your next fight is within the top 10 but outside of the Top 5...

Also fun Fact...

Neil.Magny
Beating 4 guys in the UFC and only absorbing 1 blow total puts this guy in his own category. Besides, the UFC is a money making, entertainment company as well as a sporting one and this guy is way more entertaining than Magny and that sells seats and makes money. I love his fights (more like muggings.)

No...

Also fun Fact...

Neil.Magny
The guy's potential is off the charts.Taking only 1 punch in 4 UFC fights is just insane no matter the competition and when you consider the fact that he literally carried around a decent fighter in Li like a child and beat him inside 3 minutes,it is best to assume that the guy is legit and give him top contender fights instead of wasting his prime fighting gatekeepers like Magny.

As a khamzat nuthugger I want a nice safe easy route forward... so Neil Magny

I voted Leon but Burns looks the most promising really....physically strong with great ground game if Khamzat wants to that route (which he will) 50/50 fight

with that said...he will beat Leon if it comes to that, Mas aswell.

Back