Khamzat SMESH Everyone MEGATHREAD.

Is Khamzat Chimeav legit or still hype?

• Total voters
I’m not saying he will end up as the GOAT, but if you were to end up as the GOAT - this is how your career would start.
100%

No way to say where he goes from here but this is the way GOATs start out. Every one of them.

Chances are he beats Colby while KHAMZAT has to get one more ranked win before a TS.

Usman should get one more defence in (after Colby) before retiring, so he goes down in history as having 6 title defences and a 15 fight UFC win streak and not have to lose it to KHAMZAT

It's by far Khamzat's toughest fight bc he has never gone the distance. If I'm nate I want 5 rounds.

Lets see if Khamzat can fight for 5 rounds. This guy shot for a double leg GSP style from jump, scared to even try leach on the feet.

I'm not as sold on this Khamzat guy just yet. Give me Nate vs Khamzat, 5 rounds!
Nate would end up unconscious (strike or choke) or with a broken limb or ruined joint (I don't think Nate would tap) within two rounds.

No. Nate is a B or C leaguer compared to Khamzat.
OK White belt, I understand that you're new to this and are going along with the hype but Khamzat hasn't beaten anybody in the top5 yet. Nate vs Khamzat would be a great fight

Well, were all typing on a phone these days keyboard is a bit outdated were not in the 90's.

6"2 and fighting at WW and bragging like it's a big deal to ragdoll a smaller guy...yeah he's needs to man up and fight in his own weight class.
Weight class is weight class. You make the weight that is your weight class. Does sandhagen belong in a different weight class than yan? I mean he’s taller….

And ok. You’re a phone warrior….

I can't believe a lot of people actually want to see Nate vs. Khamzat before calling Khamzat legit.

Its amazing how bad the MMA knowledge of an average fan is

He must be strong as hell. He made it look effortlessly. Impressive. Hard to believe he wanted to hang it up. Covid is no joke...

"Don't give a Goblin"

All the people saying Khamzat was all hype train are crickets.
I was one of those who said he was overhyped because he hadn't faced any ranked fighters yet people sounded like he had elite wins.
I didn't dissmiss his skill just that it required some level of opposition to be proven.
Now that he destroyed a decent ranked guy I'm on board.

Realistically Khamzat is a much faster fighter. Khabib proved that speed in MMA is very important for success. I don't think Chimaev can handle Usman quickly, but still his wrestling and speed are better. Usman has flaws and was choked once.

Chances are he beats Colby while KHAMZAT has to get one more ranked win before a TS.

Usman should get one more defence in (after Colby) before retiring, so he goes down in history as having 6 title defences and a 15 fight UFC win streak and not have to lose it to KHAMZAT

Well, that would suck, wouldn't it?

Finally a guy that looks like he could match Usman's skill and athleticism. I sure hope we get to see them matched up in 2022.

Usman is in such a tough position lol, he runs through everyone in the division but Loses badly to Khamzat and it will destroy his legacy... Marty should fight Edward after colby and then retire on top... make up an excuse like his knees gave up and need some kind of surgery

I can't believe a lot of people actually want to see Nate vs. Khamzat before calling Khamzat legit

Its amazing how bad the MMA knowledge of an average fan is

I know, what an awful fight to make.

Some possible matchups for me going forward are:

1) Khamzat settle matters with Neil Magny, who is a competent grappler and whose earlier callouts could lend some narrative vigor to the fight. Khamzat will win, but greater resistance in the grappling department will showcase more of his striking abilities.

2) Khamzat gets fast-tracked, and they make him vs Gilbert Burns or something to get him into the top 5, and see how the situation plays with Jorge/Leon. If Masvidal somehow looks to be an amazing form and finishes Leon, he probably still can't get a third title shot, so maybe a big fight Khamzat could be on the cards?

3) and the dankest option, I would say, is Khamzat vs Vincente Luque. Winner gets a title shot (after Leon, if he beats Jorge)

Lol at Magny and Masvidal... <{hughesimpress}>

Magny is a journeyman, Li is better and Masvidal is a LW who's too old.

Like I said I'd expect Kaz to win but those 2 are leagues above the 1st 3 opponents he faced.

Magny beat Li. Best win for Li was post health issue ponzi with like 2yrs off

Back