• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Khamzat SMESH Everyone MEGATHREAD.

Is Khamzat Chimeav legit or still hype?

• Total voters
Keep hearing this BS being spread by casuals and so called media experts.

Ikram Aliskerov, 2x World Combat Sambo Champion, 8-0 BraveFC MW champion at the time and heavy betting favorite is by far the best opponent on Chimaevs resume.

Aliskerov does a perfect job defending all of Chimaevs TD attempts, until… let’s just say after this fight it was clear to me that Chimaev is a special talent.

UFC biased rankings aside, Aliskerov is a top 10 talent in his own right. If you know, you know.

Out of curiosity, who is Ikram Aliskerov's best win?

He very well may be better than the Leech, but you can't say that with certainty. Li has finished Ponzinibbio and Elizeu Zaleski Dos Santos. Aliskerov hasn't fought anyone of note other than Khamzat.

True. Kinda like Petr's best win when he was still at te beginning of his UFC career, was Magomedov.
Guy got dominated in Belattor a while ago though.

Aliskerov would easily be a ranked 85er in the UFC if Akhmedov was top 10, he'd dominate and sub Jingliang in the first too. This is by far Khamzat's best win, shows his diverse skillset is that when the takedowns weren't working, he absolutely lit up Aliskerov on the feet and knocked him down with like every short punch he threw.

Out of curiosity, who is Ikram Aliskerov's best win?

He very well may be better than the Leech, but you can't say that with certainty. Li has finished Ponzinibbio and Elizeu Zaleski Dos Santos. Aliskerov hasn't fought anyone of note other than Khamzat.
Rankings are fabricated to help casuals follow the sport. If you know what you’re watching, then you don’t need the UFC rankings to help decide which fighters are good or not.

Ikram Aliskerov would beat Li Jianliang, chiesa, masvidal.

“UFC is crazy PR machine” - Khabib, he ain’t lying

Rankings are fabricated to help casuals follow the sport. If you know what you’re watching, then you don’t need the UFC rankings to help decide which fighters are good or not.

It's all a conspiracy. None of these guys really deserve their rankings.

A khamzat nutrider?
Sure you will be loving it if he can get down to 155 and show his throws there as well but it's all good "if he makes weight".

You realise that barring HW, almost all fighters cut weight, right? Whats different for Khamzat?

It's all a conspiracy. None of these guys really deserve their rankings.
Yawn.

Khamzat destroying a glorified brawler suddenly validates his hype is ridiculous when he’s already beaten a better fighter than anyone he’s faced in the UFC thus far.

Yawn.

Khamzat destroying a glorified brawler suddenly validates his hype is ridiculous when he’s already beaten a better fighter than anyone he’s faced in the UFC thus far.

Yawn.

Easy to claim until it's proven. Let's hope he does. Until then, it's all yapping. Your sarcasm meter needs an upgrade, lol.

Not sure why you quoted me and talked about rankings? I didn't mention anything about rankings.

I said I've watched Leech finish two really, really good fighters in Santiago Ponzinibbio and Elizeu Zaleski Dos Santos. And I was asking who Aliskerov's best win was, as I haven't watched him much other than a couple clips, so I don't know. Assuming he hasn't fought any high level competition though, it's very very difficult to judge the true level of a fighter. But again, I'm not sure the level of competition as I haven't seen any of those guys fight other than Khamzat.

First of all, it's the style match up that has to be considered here before you start making comparisons. Poirier/Hooker was a fight between opponents who rely on their striking and it was pretty much all stand up. Hooker is a very good striker and gave Poirier problems. Islam on the other hand has a completely different approach as a grappler and went against Dan's weakness. How do you think last nights fights would've played out if Islam had no intentions to grappling?? Yah, exactly, he would get smoked by Hooker. Dustin is a better defensive grappler than Dan, but also, is much better at putting offense together vs grappling offense fighters. So I don't see the mma math here, different style match ups.

Gaethje is 5-3 because he's fought nothing but the best fighters at LW. Gaethje in 8 fights, lowest ranked guy was Vick at #13 and that was the only one out of the top 10. The man has fought primarily top 5 opponents and in his 9th UFC fight, another top 5. How do you think Islams record would look if he fought nothing but highly ranked opponents?? You have to look beyond the numbers amigo and the context behind it.

And I think you're not reading things clearly here. I never said doesn't deserve to fight those guys. He clearly does and now should be fighting nothing but top 5 guys like the names mentioned. I personally just don't think he beats Gaethje, Poirier or Chandler. So that is why I am not sold on him being a top contender yet or future champ. He hasn't beat the best guys at LW, and I personally don't think he will. It's not that complicated to understand. If he can then all the power to him and I would be wrong about him.

Don't take things so personally here. I am just not a big believer in him right now.
So somehow Chandler is this elite LW even though he's 1-1 in the UFC?

As far as Gaethje goes, his wins are over Cowboy, Johnson, Barboza, Vick, and Ferguson and all those wins aged poorly except for Barboza maybe. Poirier, like Gaethje, mainly gets stand up guys to fight against. Both guys were only tested recently against grapplers when they fought Khabib and they got steamrolled but somehow I'm supposed to believe they're a level above Islam?

Regardless of what you think Islam is a top contender in the division, he's got a much better claim to that than Chandler for G-d's sake. I have to look beyond the numbers? I am, I'm watching the fights and basing my opinions off the techniques I see there and not the fake rankings.

I doubt anyone above Magny has the sack to take the fight

fh6ma7ha2yw71.jpg

Back