Sports Illustrated calls Colby "Racist Heel" in headline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What people don’t seem to get is that doing racist shit as part of an ‘act’ can still be racist. Colby talking about Usman’s “little tribe” sending him smoke signals plays into a racist trope. It’s a racist thing to say. Saying that you’re just making a joke is not an excuse if the punchline is that people who live in Africa are savages. It’s like, yeah, I get the joke you’re trying to make but I don’t find it funny because I’m not a racist.
That's not racist lol, he means Nigeria is/was something of a primitive country, wether thats true is an other discussion but the statement on itself is not racist at all.

Who the fuck still reads Sports Illustrated. Trying hard to stay relevant I guess. Wonder if that "Journalist" would ever say that to Colbys face
???? he’s racist on purpose to draw the ire of most people watching. of course he would call colby racist to his face, so would anyone else. what is colby gonna do? attack them? lmao

Racist has lost its true meaning. The fact he plays the Trump card gimmick or otherwise the common public will bite. Good for business.

Name one racist quote from Colby.
“Brazil, you’re a dump. All you filthy animals suck.” of course, brazil is a majority non-white country

said woodley was “standing up for lifelong criminals” by wearing a Black Lives Matter shirt

“Did you get a call from your little tribe? Did they send out some smoke signals for you?” to Kamaru Usman

It's almost like there is a real world outside this bubble.

And yes, the MAGA hat says it all, despite anything Biden might have said.

I'm off to the Herman Cain Awards!

If Colby were actually racist there would be countless people coming out of the woodwork during his rise to get him “cancelled” it’s all a character
I do not think the woke culture will work in MMA... I mean woke is more like pussy @ss people whom parents never told them NO who cry about anything...

Mike Perry would have been cancelled if there were woke people...

They can not cancel Dave just because he said he won't let them... Do you think Dana would let them...?

If people are actually upset about "You ain't black" then humans are fucked

Why?

Should politicians of a particular political party feel entitled to the vote and support of everyone of a particular skin color?

That's not racist lol, he means Nigeria is/was something of a primitive country, wether thats true is an other discussion but the statement on itself is not racist at all.

You're wrong about this.

So.... this sort of thing is just accepted nowadays? To blast something like that out there without consequences?

Because I don't think Colby has even said anything that's racist (racist by normal racist-meter standards, not trying-to-find-racism-in-everything-standards)

I hate 2021. The guy is edgey and a republican so he's automatically a racist.

Sports illustrated should be held accountable for saying stupid shit like this

Colby himself is an unnecessary element in this sport? his shtick doesn't belong here and it is out of place. Just fight guys and you can still shit talk anybody you like but being a racist heel is a black eye to the sport

How is he a racist?

I think the only time Colby went too far is the tribe and smoke signals stuff. He tried the black men are absente fathers stuff when Usman called him son but he couldn't get the delivery right. Oh yea and the BLM sucks stuff. He does get racial but not full blown racist. I do admit it can easily go wrong.

He's more so xenophobic with racist undertones. That said, conor has crossed far more lines than him and he seems to be doing just fine.

This has to be the most wilfully obtuse thing I’ve read here in a while. So if a person says something demeaning about black Americans, like “they should have remained slaves” or something similar, you would not consider that racist unless the person explicitly specified that they referred to all black people on the planet? Nigeria is a land of mostly black people, and the idea of black people as more savage is an age old racist trope. Do you honestly not see the absurdity of that position?
My stance is that people should be judged based on their actions.

Criticizing a country/culture can be based on actions therefor that kind of criticism can be valid and valuable. Colby's comments during that instance was neither valid nor valuable in my opinion, but not necessarily racist as it was presented.

Racism is the opposite of valid criticism. It is judgment of a person regardless of action. Therefore it is never valid nor valuable in my opion.

The word "racism" has been over used to lazily try to dismiss or insult people. I think more critical thought and distinction is necessary, even when it is from dumb comments a fighter made.

Obtuse? Perhaps, but for a very good reason.

You may also want to reconsider your own assumptions. It sounds as though you are equating tribes with savages, why?

It also seems as though you're equating black history with slavery. But, that's pretty much the history of all races and for some may still be occurring.

Being a white male is enough to be labeled a racist nowadays unless you're a woke cuck.

Colby Cringe is a lot of things, but I wouldn't say a racist is one of them.

What was the tribal comment?

Brazil is one of the most racially mixed countries on the planet. I dunno if it qualifies as racism per se, I mean, if you say Brits are bucktoothed limey pricks who should choke on fish and chips, Swedes are gay and Americans are fat hillbillys, is it racist?

Brazil, you’re a dump. All you filthy animals suck.” of course, brazil is a majority non-white country

Colby just fought for 3 rounds while the entire Brazilian crowd chanted "You Gonna Die."

And it wasn't racist because it was true. That's why the Brazil crowd hated him then, and hated him now.

I'm white, and where I live there's some places here where white people live are complete shitholes. If a black person said "That area is a shithole" it wouldn't be racist, because it'd be true.

said woodley was “standing up for lifelong criminals” by wearing a Black Lives Matter shirt

Yeah, again he's not lying.

Look at the biggest names BLM has held protests for, all life-long criminals without exceptions.

Overused word, can't take it seriously anymore
"Racist" is like the new punk rock and roll. It is a word corporatists and globalists use to describe their enemies. If you get called racist in todays day and age, you probably did something right and spoke truth against the machine. Colby never said anything remotely truly racist, but he supported the anti-establishment political candidate who was not in bed with the intelligence agencies/propaganda machine/corporate cash, criticized the political leadership of New York, and that is a no-no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back