Best P4P kickboxer in the world currently

My point exactly about some of these Japanese guys. They stick to one organisation and carefully pick certain opponents especially thai's without any kb experience. Tenshin did the same with Rodtang but that almost failed. Yet somehow Tenshin and Takeru are at the top of the P4P list. I'm almost certain Superlek vs Tenshin will look similar to this fight:

This guy was on a 18 fight winning streak in RISE:

Even in boxing. For the longest time I've wanted to see Rigondeaux vs Naoya Inoue and everyones answer would be "Naoya would destroy Rigo". Like okay let us see then.

To bad Rigo's old now. Would of loved to see that a few years ago. Like Thai's in KB. Cubans have had some bad treatment in Boxing.

Also there was a tournament a few years ago with rungit and tenshin in it. Rungit was absolutely robbed against a chinese guy in the semis i believe. The chinese guy was tailor made for tenshin. I was certain rungit would beat tenshin in the final if they fought. Rungit was bigger and good at keeping people at the end of his punches and kicks. I think the japanese promotion could see it too.

Also there was a tournament a few years ago with rungit and tenshin in it. Rungit was absolutely robbed against a chinese guy in the semis i believe. The chinese guy was tailor made for tenshin. I was certain rungit would beat tenshin in the final if they fought. Rungit was bigger and good at keeping people at the end of his punches and kicks. I think the japanese promotion could see it too.
Rungkit lost to Shiro, and it wasnt a robbery, just a bad fight. Rungkit never had a good style for kickboxing because he's a negative fighter who likes to slow the pace down and fight off the back foot.

There have been much much worse decisions in RISE. Go watch Genji Umeno vs Chan Hyung Lee.

My point exactly about some of these Japanese guys. They stick to one organisation and carefully pick certain opponents especially thai's without any kb experience. Tenshin did the same with Rodtang but that almost failed. Yet somehow Tenshin and Takeru are at the top of the P4P list. I'm almost certain Superlek vs Tenshin will look similar to this fight:

Even in boxing. For the longest time I've wanted to see Rigondeaux vs Naoya Inoue and everyones answer would be "Naoya would destroy Rigo". Like okay let us see then.

To bad Rigo's old now. Would of loved to see that a few years ago. Like Thai's in KB. Cubans have had some bad treatment in Boxing.

Kento Haraguchi was fighting at 61kg a year ago against Taiga and now moved up to 65kg to take on the consensus #1 in the world, and lost a pretty ugly and grindy fight because he had no answers to Petch's middle kick or knees. No shame on his part, he was a huge underdog in the fight according to everyone who paid attention.

Tenshin vs Rodtang was a hugely hyped fight as Rodtang was on his peak form in the stadiums at the time and had a great style for kickboxing. No cherrypicking at all. Tenshin has a shitload of counters to the middle kick, unlike Kento, its one of the biggest elements of his game. Your weird and cynical view is based on the fact that you dont follow the scene enough to actually know the fighters.

Tenshin already beat Rodtang, and Suakim, and Kumandoi, and Wanchalong, all 4 guys either stadium champions or p4p rated operators when he did it. But he has to beat Superlek now, or he's not legit. According to you. See how dumb you sound?

Bringing up Inoue just reveals you have some ethnic or cultural issues with the Japanese. You might just be racist. In any case, Inoue has nothing to do with this.

Tenshin vs Rodtang was close because Rodtang is an absolute beast and doesn't fight like normal Thais. Dude literally walks through everything and throws down all fight. No matter who he fights it's always gonna be close or he gets the win, you can't dominate Rodtang.

As for Kento, he moved up 4kg in recent months to build into this risky fight, and yes he was overwhelmed and outmatched, but let's be honest, Petch outmatches everyone in Glory too... It's nothing on Kento, or the Japanese like you think, it's that all of Petch's competition at his weight is in ONE. The best guys at Petch's weight are guys like Capitan, Nong-O, Littewada, Tawanchai, Jianliang, and they're all in ONE.

Oh and just so you know, Thais get robbed of wins just as much in their own sport as they do in kickboxing, it's not exclusive to Thai's fighting on foreign soil.

As for your Rigo comment... Yes, Naoya destroys Rigo now, and he probably destroys him when he was in his prime.

Unlike many other people here I actually think Tenshin beat Rodtang. Rodtang was missing a lot of punches while Tenshin was landing more cleanly. But yeah, not many non Muay Thai fighters can deal with elite kickers such as Petchpanomrung. I bet Rungkit for example would beat Rodtang pretty decisively as he did in their last fight.

Last edited:
Unlike many other people here I actually think Tenshin beat Rodtang. Rodtang was missing a lot of punches while Tenshin was landing more cleanly. But yeah, not many non Muay Thai fighters can deal with elite kickers such as Petchpanomrung. I bet Rungkit for example would beat Rodtang pretty decisively as he did in their last fight.

I also think Tenshin beat Rodtang.

Rungkit lost to Shiro, and it wasnt a robbery, just a bad fight. Rungkit never had a good style for kickboxing because he's a negative fighter who likes to slow the pace down and fight off the back foot.

There have been much much worse decisions in RISE. Go watch Genji Umeno vs Chan Hyung Lee.
It absolutely was a robbery i watched it at the time and since. Unless blocked punches that show no effect count.
Rungit doesn't have a great style for kickboxing but he is nearly 6 foot tall and was around 17 at the time. The was the only reason he could make the weight class.
Rungit's style has actually seemed to have become more negative in recent years.
Reason rungit would of won was he wasn't going to stand in the pocket and trade hooks/combos with tenshin. Which tenshin is very good at.
With rungits large frame he would of had enough power to keep him at bay with roundhouse kicks and teeps. And also score with powerful single knees. Also rungits team were at the fight from what i can remember.

I have not heard anyone say Rungkit wasn't robbed against Shiro. Even the Japanese seemed to believe Rungkit was robbed. He is too big to fight Tenshin now anyway. Maybe Lamnamoonlek or Chorfah could be good opponents for the Japanese.

It absolutely was a robbery i watched it at the time and since. Unless blocked punches that show no effect count.
Rungit doesn't have a great style for kickboxing but he is nearly 6 foot tall and was around 17 at the time. The was the only reason he could make the weight class.
Rungit's style has actually seemed to have become more negative in recent years.
Reason rungit would of won was he wasn't going to stand in the pocket and trade hooks/combos with tenshin. Which tenshin is very good at.
With rungits large frame he would of had enough power to keep him at bay with roundhouse kicks and teeps. And also score with powerful single knees. Also rungits team were at the fight from what i can remember.

Decision could have gone either, it was pretty bad. He couldn't even do it convincingly against a worse figther I didn't see anything in the kickboxing fights he had that would indicate any kind of success against Tenshin also he's barely 5'8".

There is a reason tenshin vs takeru hasn't happened yet. Even mayweather was gonna pull out of the tenshin fight when he arrived in japan cos him and his management suspected rise were trying to pull a fast one.
Tenshin is a great fighter and there are many great japanese fighters at the moment.
But seem they try to stack the deck in their favour when they are fighting thais, foreigners and others in kickboxing.
Stuff like short notice fights, not particularly big purses, older thais, not allowed bring their team with them etc
When thai fighters fight in one and glory they generally get plenty of notice and good purses.
Which gives them plenty of incentive to learn tje sport of kickboxing and the money to prepare properly. A camp is not gonna bring in a specialized boxing coach to help a fighter transition if its not worth it financially.

There is a reason tenshin vs takeru hasn't happened yet. Even mayweather was gonna pull out of the tenshin fight when he arrived in japan cos him and his management suspected rise were trying to pull a fast one.
Tenshin is a great fighter and there are many great japanese fighters at the moment.
But seem they try to stack the deck in their favour when they are fighting thais, foreigners and others in kickboxing.
Stuff like short notice fights, not particularly big purses, older thais, not allowed bring their team with them etc
When thai fighters fight in one and glory they generally get plenty of notice and good purses.
Which gives them plenty of incentive to learn tje sport of kickboxing and the money to prepare properly. A camp is not gonna bring in a specialized boxing coach to help a fighter transition if its not worth it financially.

Tenshin vs Takeru hasn't happened because K1 are terrified that Takeru could lose to someone they don't own, that's it.

How much do you think K-1 fighters are getting paid ? Their current 57kg champion works at starbucks as a day job. Leona Pettas who is Krush champion and just challenged Takeru did construction work as he was preparing the fight to stay afloat. They don't have TV deals, the sport isn't nearly as popular as it once was. Tenshin and Takeru are making ok money from sponsors not purses.
Short notice fights aside from Kumandoi which had to do with covid I can't think of another one. Older thais are mostly thais who are already in Japan as trainers and fighters, it's more by convenience than a big masterplan. I don't know what you're referencing with the not allowed to bring their team part.

Last edited:
So what u are saying is tenshin is beating a load of part time fighters and thais who are fighting in another sport for the first time.
The fact their is no money or popularity in kickboxing in japan would give them even more reason to protect their only breakout star in tenshin. Like is said before tenhsin is a very good fighter but not unbeatable which is what they are trying to make him out to be.
Alot of the thai vs japanese fights aren't promoted 2 months or more beforehand which is why i don't beleive they are giving the thai fighters much notice to fight in a different sport.
The fights just generally pop up out of nowhere.

Look at someone like capitan in one. Look how much better he looks. Two reasons money and plenty of time to prepare.

Rungkit never had the style to trouble Tenshin. Tenshin eats outfighters for breakfast. Rungkit would've tried to stall him out with the clinch and grappling but any offense he landed would've been returned with ten times the impact. Rungkit's never fought anyone in the stadiums with combination punching and counters even close to Tenshin's level.

You're only saying Rungkit would've been the one because they never actually fought, if Tenshin never fought Rodtang it would've been the same argument with him. No argument or win can ever satisfy you, because your perspective is cynical. Tenshin has beat 5 top Thais and you're pretending if he beat 6 it would change everything.

No one is saying Tenshin is unbeatable. People who dont know the kickboxing scene are saying he's protected. You're making the assertions here - and they're pretty thin and shallow.

So what u are saying is tenshin is beating a load of part time fighters and thais who are fighting in another sport for the first time.
The fact their is no money or popularity in kickboxing in japan would give them even more reason to protect their only breakout star in tenshin. Like is said before tenhsin is a very good fighter but not unbeatable which is what they are trying to make him out to be.
Alot of the thai vs japanese fights aren't promoted 2 months or more beforehand which is why i don't beleive they are giving the thai fighters much notice to fight in a different sport.
The fights just generally pop up out of nowhere.

Of course he's not unbeatable nobody is, the role of promotors is... To promote their fighter yes, big deal. What are they supposed to do exactly ? Who is he supposed to fight then ?

Thais fighting for the first time in KB well yeah how is that his fault where are the top thais in KB at 55kg, they don't fall from the sky. He fought former stadium champs then they brougt in a reigning lumpinee champ (Wanchalong), then brought the champ from a weight class up (Suakim) then brought in the guy who beat that champ (Rodtang) and then brought the guy who beat him (Rungkit). They reinvited Rodtang before he chose to sign with ONE and they had Prajanchai in a tournament before covid fucked it up. I call that trying pretty hard. Can't blame him for not fighting people that don't exist. If you don't have him as a top P4P fine, I can see limits in his competition too and being in Japan is comfortable but let's not invent stuff.

That said you make it a good argument for never bringing in thais, not seat sellers, tough fights and even when you beat them you get zero credit for whatever reason, so why bother and yet they still do.

Look at someone like capitan in one. Look how much better he looks. Two reasons money and plenty of time to prepare.

I like Capitan but he is fighting ok level muay thai guys in KB rules, nothing special about it. Looking how much better than who ?

Last edited:
Rungkit never had the style to trouble Tenshin. Tenshin eats outfighters for breakfast. Rungkit would've tried to stall him out with the clinch and grappling but any offense he landed would've been returned with ten times the impact. Rungkit's never fought anyone in the stadiums with combination punching and counters even close to Tenshin's level.

You're only saying Rungkit would've been the one because they never actually fought, if Tenshin never fought Rodtang it would've been the same argument with him. No argument or win can ever satisfy you, because your perspective is cynical. Tenshin has beat 5 top Thais and you're pretending if he beat 6 it would change everything.

No one is saying Tenshin is unbeatable. People who dont know the kickboxing scene are saying he's protected. You're making the assertions here - and they're pretty thin and shallow.
Gtfo of here "any offence rungit landed would of been returned with 10 times the impact" and you think i sound biased.

Do u think tenshin will ever fight outside of Japan in his "boxing" career?

Of course he's not unbeatable nobody is, the role of promotors is... To promote their fighter yes, big deal. What are they supposed to do exactly ? Who is he supposed to fight then ?

Thais fighting for the first time in KB well yeah how is that his fault where are the top thais in KB at 55kg, they don't fall from the sky. He fought former stadium champs then they brougt in a reigning lumpinee champ (Wanchalong), then brought the champ from a weight class up (Suakim) then brought in the guy who beat that champ (Rodtang) and then brought the guy who beat him (Rungkit). They reinvited Rodtang before he chose to sign with ONE and they had Prajanchai in a tournament before covid fucked it up. I call that trying pretty hard. Can't blame him for not fighting people that don't exist. If you don't have him as a top P4P fine, I can see limits in his competition too and being in Japan is comfortable but let's not invent stuff.

That said you make it a good argument for never bringing in thais, not seat sellers, tough fights and even when you beat them you get zero credit for whatever reason, so why bother and yet they still do.

I like Capitan but he is fighting ok level muay thai guys in KB rules, nothing special about it. Looking how much better than who ?
I meant capitan is looking a lot better than he used to look when he was diesellek.
The last few years when he was fighting as diesellek. He was fighting above his weight, just fighting whenever, didn't seem to have much notice on upcoming fights, didn't really seem to have a proper camp or sparring partners, wasn't making much money.
He has looked so much better since he has a proper camp, making decent money amd has good managment.

Rungkit's never fought anyone in the stadiums with combination punching and counters even close to Tenshin's level.
So Rodtang can have a close fight with Tenshin, and Rungkit can outbox Rodtang, but Rungkit has never fought anyone close to Tenshin's level?

Back