Is there a single credible fighter in Conor's weight range that you feel he's a lock to beat?

TheSwedishGOAT

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So say his next match isn't Poirier and they want to give Conor an tuneup fight before he takes on that task.

Who out there in his weight range that is remotely credible is he a lock to beat?

I literally can't think of anyone given his ongoing cardio/heart issues that have been exposed several times and the fact that he's coming off a career changing Anderson-esque injury.

I wouldn't even feel confident in him against a blown up LW version of Aldo.

I'm not gonna say a "lock", cause nobody is really a lock to beat anyone.

But I think he has a decent chance of beating Tony at this point, given the way he's looked his past few fights. I agree that it would be very unlikely that Conor would beat any of the top 155ers in their prime currently.

Dan Hooker
I don't know about that. Hookers got a dog in him. He's not like Conor where he's guaranteed to fade in the second round. Hangman gave Poirier hell. Same goes for a washed up Ferguson. He still out cardio's Conor for days and his chin is very durable.

The leg break has me even less confident.

Conors so washed up its really sad and his camp is terrible.

However Im sure he's still good enough yo beat some guys.

I actually think he stills beats Max. Conors been looking reall bad but I dont think best Max beats worst Conor.

Conor loses by getting finished. I dont see Max subbing or koing Conor.

Dan Hooker

Although I'd prefer to see him against Chandler or Dos Anjos. Those two are not locks for anyone involved.

jeremy stephens would be the best matchup for a comeback tuneup

especially since they can play up the 'who the fook is dat guy' angle for the build up.

frankie edgar mabye

Last edited:
Dan Hooker
Good call, I'd favor Conor against Dan, never been convinced by Dan at all to be honest, if Conor shows up focused and he is accurate I could see him dropping Dan

I actually think he stills beats Max. Conors been looking reall bad but I dont think best Max beats worst Conor.

Conor's chances of winning tank midway through the second round. You really think he'll get Max out of there beforehand? I think by the third round Holloway is one of the scariest fighters he can fight and will batter him senselessly.

Conor's biggest problem beyond the leg break is virtually any legit fighter can train to exploit the fact that he's only dangerous in the first 8 minutes of a fight.

cris-cyborg-interview-lead.jpg

Dan can make the weight it's the fight that makes the most sense for Conor

Max may not TKO him with power shots but he would by volume. Do you really think Conor would want to fight Max's fight for 25 minutes? Max would be in his face the whole time outworking him, Conor wouldn't be allowed to fight at his own pace & run laps the way Nate Diaz let him conserve energy.

opLdP3xvMMTQI.gif

I could see Conor styling on Jim Miller, Bobby Green, or Alex Morono. Those are all respectable wins and favorable match ups for Conor.

hes coming for ngannou <{silvanormal}>190 lbs of granite, titanium shin, proper 12 in his back pocket
{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}

RIP FRANCIS
<mma1>

Not much people in the top 10. Id say his best shots are Hooker and Tony but both have heart, a chin and cardio for days which makes Conors odds of winning way worse after they survived the first 2 rounds.

Some guys at FW he beats but he aint making that weight anymore. At WW only Nate thats it.

Back